Chit Chat
Options

:(

1789101113»

Re: :(

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:8ccc011f-ee07-410d-9cf5-9173e3c6dd9e">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : You are absolutely right. I just thought that was a blanket statement about owners of dogs that primarily stay outdoors. Many variables have to be considered before a pet owner with a dog that lives outside can be deemed "cruel", <strong>such as the fact that a resident of the home has a severe allergy to pet dander.</strong>
    Posted by dragonwagon[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't agree with this. If you or someone in your house is allergic, you shouldn't get one. You should find a new place to live, or if it's you that's allergic, find it a good home. I hate when people use that as an excuse to leave their dogs outside. We had a nieghbor when I was younger that had a kid that was allergic to their cat. So instead of finding a good home for it, she just kicked it outside. So it ended up becoming our stray cat that we would always feed and watch out for until she died. I felt so bad for her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:b787a04e-434a-469f-b39f-f308469133d5">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : Sorry, I don't agree with this. If you or someone in your house is allergic, you shouldn't get one. You should find a new place to live, or if it's you that's allergic, find it a good home. I hate when people use that as an excuse to leave their dogs outside. We had a nieghbor when I was younger that had a kid that was allergic to their cat. So instead of finding a good home for it, she just kicked it outside. So it ended up becoming our stray cat that we would always feed and watch out for until she died. I felt so bad for her.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

Again, your one story from "experience" does not a valid argument make.  It's not an excuse, but one of many valid reasons that our dog primarily stays outside.  He has not been "kicked outside". Never was an "inside" dog to begin with, and is far from a stray or starvation. My dog has a heated house in his pen for winter, and a swimming pool for summer. He is fat and sassy and extremely spoiled.

Just because a person in the family has health issues related to pet dander, I don't think it's a reason never to have a pet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:c0dd6a59-4c8c-4712-8b13-61cd56be6be3">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : Again, your one story from "experience" does not a valid argument make.  It's not an excuse, but one of many valid reasons that our dog primarily stays outside.  He has not been "kicked outside". Never was an "inside" dog to begin with, and is far from a stray or starvation. My dog has a heated house in his pen for winter, and a swimming pool for summer. He is fat and sassy and extremely spoiled. Just because a person in the family has health issues related to pet dander, I don't think it's a reason never to have a pet.

I didn't say you're starving your pet, or that you're not taking care of it. I just don't like how a lot of people use that as an excuse to not take care of their pet. Again, not saying that's you. If you take good care of your pet, I'm happy for it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:8ccc011f-ee07-410d-9cf5-9173e3c6dd9e">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : You are absolutely right. I just thought that was a blanket statement about owners of dogs that primarily stay outdoors. Many variables have to be considered before a pet owner with a dog that lives outside can be deemed "cruel", such as the fact that a resident of the home has a severe allergy to pet dander.

I have 5 dogs in my house have severe asthma and am allergic to dogs.  My "pack" does not stay outside.  At most they are not allowed upstairs where the bedrooms are, I have a dyson, and I keep the house clean.  The more I am around them the better my allergies are so no I don't agree with you.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    In Response to Re: :(:
    [QUOTEThe more I am around them the better my allergies are so no I don't agree with you.
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

You don't have to agree. I am glad that works for you, but you can't assume it works for everyone. I know for a fact I never have and never will desensitize myself to any of the substances to which I am allergic. It'd be fun to try, but I like my airway to be open. For breathing and stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:78d42dcf-6800-4944-abda-e0c0ec328540">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't have to agree. I am glad that works for you, but you can't assume it works for everyone. I know for a fact I never have and never will desensitize myself to any of the substances to which I am allergic. It'd be fun to try, but I like my airway to be open. For breathing and stuff.

So why did you get dogs if you're that allergic to them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards