Snarky Brides
Options

Happy Hump Day!

Re: Happy Hump Day!

• Options
    Oh and on the insurance thing, I wouldn't wait too long to decide. You'll only have so long (I think 30 days) to get on the insurance for your H or at your summer job, before you'll have to wait for open enrollment. The window for a life event is usually pretty short. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:d0bf64bb-0fd2-42ea-83f0-31659bb9eddf">Re:Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My office IS weird. Lots of bizarre things go on here and I know some people thing I exagerate or make them up but I really don't. Like last year how we had a big event where all our clients were there and the fatbitch I hate decided just to wear slippers, was rushing and fell over and smoked a bank of chairs, and flashed the crowd.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

You seriously need to write your own sitcom, it could be the next Office, Canadian style.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning everyone!  Duds, your trip looks fantastic.  FI and I are talking about doing a 2-3 week trip in Europe after he graduates and I'm looking forward to that. 

I was driving to work this morning and a segment came on the radio about a non-profit organization around us to help children with various sorts of handicaps have the ability to take dance class, play sports, etc... with others in similar situations.  They started talking about how they were doing a birthday bash coming up also and it was prompted by a little boy who was diagnosed with autism who wrote to Santa Claus asking him to use his magic to give him friends because he has never had a friend come to his birthday party and has never been invited to anyone either.  After I was done crying in the car, I decided I'm going to the store after work to find their registry and buy a bunch of stuff for it. It hits home for me because my brother has Aspergers and it just made me think of him as a kid. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:d0bf64bb-0fd2-42ea-83f0-31659bb9eddf">Re:Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My office IS weird. Lots of bizarre things go on here and I know some people thing I exagerate or make them up but I really don't. Like last year how we had a big event where all our clients were there and the fatbitch I hate decided just to wear slippers, was rushing and fell over and smoked a bank of chairs, and flashed the crowd.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Why in the world do you let this woman bother you when you've got this kind of ammo. Every time she acts like a biiiitch or says shiiitty to you, you just need to look at her and say "Hey, remember that time you wiped out and flashed all of our clients. God that must have been so embarrassing for you. You'll probably never live that down." 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:95943ca6-58a1-4597-9999-33c5821d363d">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels, do you use contraceptives? I know many Catholics don't, but you should seriously look into it. Condoms or one of the cheapy $4 BCs from Wal-Mart or Target. You don't want to bring a baby into the world if you aren't ready.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

W'ere using NFP which is actually as effective as BCP.  We just abstain when I'm fertile. 

Dmill, that's good to know! I must have been misinformed when someone told me it's considered a pre-existing condition. That makes me feel better.  I just e-mailed HR here about it.  Even though I'd be EXTREMELY part time here this fall (assuming the school stays open), I'm willing to bet this insurance is better and cheaper than what I'd have at school.  If I don't have answers by the time we're back froM HM, H is going to just add me to his insurance just to be safe.  And TBH it's not completely about being pregnant, even if I get sick or anything, it'd be nice to have coverage.
  • Options
    Ditto Dmills- usually open enrollment for a life change is 30 days.

Also- I might be wrong. But I dont' think insurance can deny coverage for pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. 
  • Options
    lbarr - were you able to work out the issues you were having getting time off for the honeymoon with the job move? Were you at least able to cash out the accrued leave you had from before? 

Dmills - Is it Rambette now or still baby Rambo regardless of gender? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:ff51a092-b0ef-46d7-98b1-8c14b60860f0">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : W'ere using NFP which is actually as effective as BCP. 
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

hey. That's what I was doing TTA. (please take this moment to notice the ticker in my sig.)
  • Options
    dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:803a18a6-183e-4875-a3c1-ff1f52723f23">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : hey. That's what I was doing TTA. (please take this moment to notice the ticker in my sig.)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    ditto!<div>
    </div><div>Celtic, we're still considering Rambo as a middle name for a girl. I'm not sure if we'll actually do it because so many of our family members are complaining about it, I think Michael is going to wimp out. But until she's born, she'll still be Rambo.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:803a18a6-183e-4875-a3c1-ff1f52723f23">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : hey. That's what I was doing TTA. (please take this moment to notice the ticker in my sig.)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Steph you are too funny.
  • Options
    Duds-  do you mind saying who your H goes through?  My benefits come at no cost to me, but if I add FI in a few weeks after the wedding his premium would be around 180 a month and that seems high.  We should look into some other options as well.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I wish I could install a webcam, or wear a hidden cam. I need to start writing down all the funny stuff that happens so I can do a web comic or something, adam keeps telling me I should.
  • Options

Haha good to know Steph and Dmill.  Honestly I don't mind if we get pregnant, I just want to be sure we're covered if it happens.

• Options
    Good morning!  Fiance and I have a meeting with our ceremony/reception venue this afternoon to finalize how we want the room set up and everything.  We met with our photographer last night and are going to get started on the seating chart tomorrow night so we are in crazy busy wedding mode.  I can't believe it is so close!

I'm super jealous of the Italy pictures!  I would love to go someday.  Nebb your office sounds hilarious.
  • Options
    Morning-  Slept like crap last night between worrying about fires and a damn text that came through at 3am on my phone and woke us up.  It wasn't from anyone I know and just said, " 1 ".  That's it.  On the plus side, I found my phone has a setting where it'll automagically turn off the ringers etc. when you sleep.  It's now set to not disturb between 10pm and 7am, except for my "emergency" people.

I didn't plan on lunch today so I stopped and grabbed some soup in a cup from a kiosk in the bus station.  Not the best for me, but cheaper than going out.
  • Options
    You can be on your parents insurance when you are not living with them and employed full time?  That is crazy to me.

Chels- if you dont want to get pregnant, please use a form of birth control.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Happy Hump Day!:[QUOTE]lbarr were you able to work out the issues you were having getting time off for the honeymoon with the job move? Were you at least able to cash out the accrued leave you had from before?nbsp;Dmills Is it Rambette now or still baby Rambo regardless of gender?nbsp; Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

I did get paid my time thankfully. I would have gone all suey if not. As for the HM time it's still all up in the air. I told them that I could come back and work the Monday after the wedding but afterwards I won't be in the state. I already paid for the dang HM so I'm going, no matter what.

They should be able to give me the time but they are forwarding my personal days that I won't get in September to cover 2 days between now and then that I need off and instead of unpaid time they will use whatever little time I have accrued to cover some of it and then we have to have a sit down meeting about the rest of the time that is unpaid since apparently they don't just do unpaid time.

1. I hope that's not crazy confusing
    2. Mobile better recognize my punctuation and paragraphs otherwise that is pretty terrible to read.
  • Options
    I thought you could only be on your parents insurance if you were a full time student and even then there was an age cap? 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Happy Hump Day!:[QUOTE]Morningnbsp; Slept like crap last night between worrying about fires and a damn text that came through at 3am on my phone and woke us up.nbsp; It wasn't from anyone I know and just said, " 1 ".nbsp; That's it.nbsp; On the plus side, I found my phone has a setting where it'll automagically turn off the ringers etc. when you sleep.nbsp; It's now set to not disturb between 10pm and 7am, except for my "emergency" people.I didn't plan on lunch today so I stopped and grabbed some soup in a cup from a kiosk in the bus station.nbsp; Not the best for me, but cheaper than going out. Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]
    This reminds me I bought some cup of soups recently and totally forgot them! Thankyou
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:38506eec-9ce4-4c27-b7d7-daffdbb4176f">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought you could only be on your parents insurance if you were a full time student and even then there was an age cap? 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Me too.  Is this some new Obamacare thing?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Blue I think the law is until you are 24 or something.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:38506eec-9ce4-4c27-b7d7-daffdbb4176f">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought you could only be on your parents insurance if you were a full time student and even then there was an age cap? 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

It recently changed I think? You could be upt o age 26 and not married IIRC.

Blue, we don't want to use any form of BC.  I know it means we could get pregnant before it's planned, but that's okay with us. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:ee644ce5-313a-4c33-afec-c59a05dca0ae">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : It recently changed I think? You could be upt o age 26 and not married IIRC. Blue, we don't want to use any form of BC.  I know it means we could get pregnant before it's planned, but that's okay with us. 
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you said you didnt want to get pregnant.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She said they were TTA but that she wouldn't mind getting pregnant. Which makes no sense to me but I think it's a fairly common mindset? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:a750d6cf-226e-45b7-a05a-64f03af96e06">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : Oh, I thought you said you didnt want to get pregnant.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Ideally we'd prefer to wait (so basically if we had the choice right now, we don't want to get pregnant).  But if it happens anyway, we aren't going to be upset about it.  We know it's a possibility, and we're okay with it.  But we're still abstaining when I'm fertile to push it off for awhile if possible.
  • Options
    That makes sense.

Im shocked since you are a teacher and therefore a govt employee that you dont have bomb insurance.  All the teachers here do.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:553f4ff2-b384-49d4-99ac-4f8421c4a267">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That makes sense. Im shocked since you are a teacher and therefore a govt employee that you dont have bomb insurance.  All the teachers here do.

I teach at ap rivate school though. So I'm not a gov't employee.  I've applied for some public school jobs, but so far no bites :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:553f4ff2-b384-49d4-99ac-4f8421c4a267">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That makes sense. Im shocked since you are a teacher and therefore a govt employee that you dont have bomb insurance.  <strong>All the teachers here do.</strong>

<div>Right? My parents were both teachers and had great insurance. I think law enforcement had better insurance here though. Maybe it's because Chelsea works at a private school?</div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I'm sorta shocked you're willing to get oops pregnant when you don't even have your job sitch sorted out. That's smart!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-hump-day-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1711ac93-38f5-4079-afe0-7aa6febc2dfaPost:c5bdc5c4-091f-44c4-bcb1-6b03e390b965">Re: Happy Hump Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Hump Day! : Right? My parents were both teachers and had great insurance. I think law enforcement had better insurance here though. Maybe it's because Chelsea works at a private school?
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

My mom worked in the cafeteria as a cook for 20 years at the schools, retired, and still gets bomb insurance.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards