Snarky Brides

Evening Chatter Goes Here.

Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:af88683e-54c6-419c-b5ca-40f36bb52f0a">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our customers are just whackjobs. One lady, a palm reader, called in to cancel her website because "she heard the voices of God that told her if she didn't cancel her site about tarot cards then she would die." And then 2 big men showed up on her doorstep.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

What the crazy!?

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Just got home from both jobs. Damn I wish I could give up my full time job and only do my part time one. I was surprised by my second kid this evening because she made me really like her. The first 2 weeks she was so guarded and resistant that it frustrated the crap out of me, but tonight I got to see how awesome she really is. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:0416d3cc-d2ea-4803-afda-059182c90552">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, was her name Sarah Winchester?
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha. Her house is a piece of work!</div><div>
    </div><div>Ditto sherr on the baby thing</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mehg, now that I'm single again, I can't say I'm getting baby fever too badly. Hahaha. But 3 months ago? Ya, I wanted to die every time one of my friends baby's cried or laughed or smiled.
  • Mehg, I think I'm just 100% feverish all the time right now.  I don't know what's gotten into me (that's what she said). Maybe I'm ovulating every day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:042f1ee0-9641-4201-b5d5-4d575e6619ef">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't remember, mehg. I rarely look at the customers' names because 1, I don't care and 2, I don't need it to do my job.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

This is why I asked: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House</a>
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I want to go to the Winchester Mystery House really bad.
  • Damn! I hate coming into threads all late and crap. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:2d90dc5f-6ab4-4fa5-8cdb-7bc572a6c6e7">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to go to the Winchester Mystery House really bad.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

<div>I will take you :) They have midnight flashlight tours on every Fri the 13th and they are so fun!</div>
  • I don't have baby fever, but I have a cute story!

IF H and I decide on kids, I want us to adopt. We were talking about kids with special needs (i.e. deaf, blind, missing limbs, etc.)
     H is a computer tech, and is in to making robots etc.
    So, H says, "If we had a kid that was missing an arm, I'm make him a robot arm. So then I could tell him 'You're not handicapped. You're Megaman!"

It was so cute!

• CCF - I'll be your girlfriend. ;)

Sarahmonsta - I know what you mean. I think part of it has to do with the fact that he's leaving on deployment again soon.

Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • hahahaha Jas! I love it. I want to adopt as well. :)  H and I have a deal - birth one, adopt one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:a9da2b34-1d92-48fd-949e-5589ad9e6946">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here. : This is why I asked: <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House" rel="nofollow">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House</a>

Oh, ha. that one went totally over my head.

OK, I'm going to bed now. Clearly I need to.
  • misslizzmisslizz member
    First Comment
    edited June 2011
    Sorry to vanish like that, our computer suffered a virus attack earlier.

How are you Cupcakes? I"m freaking dandy, my dress finally came in and I was able to get a seamstress to start the alterations. I was majorly stressing that.

Baby Fever? No. I have Baby Rabies. My fiance and I are both itching to have a baby.
  • Aww Jas, that's so cute.

Alyssa - Let's do it! Seriously. As soon as I get a car, we will go. hahaha.

Mehg - Ok. ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Mehg, I have come to the current conclusion that I don't want anymore kids. However, about 2 months ago I wanted one BAD. But I've never notices that I wanted one more around TOM... I go through cycles of whether or not we will try to have one. H isn't ZOMG have to have one, but he's not against it either. We're both kind of "Meh" on the situation right now.

*edited for typos, WTF fingers?! Work with me!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to the Winchester Mystery House last Fall and it was awesome. The only crummy thing is we couldn't take pictures inside the house (WTF?).

We were looking around the servant's kitchen (me and my friend) when the tour guide called us into the landing outside the dining room. She went ahead of me, and followed behind her. Something tapped me on the head, felt kind of like a water droplet or someone trying to get my attention. I touched my head and it wasn't wet and there was no one behind me. I got super spooked.

Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • My baby fever comes and goes. When DS was born I had planned on wanting another baby when he was 2ish, but financially it wasn't responsible so we held off.

About a year ago I had baby fever like crazy though, for a good 3-4 months non-stop. My BBF got pregnant in August, and my other really good friend got pregnant a couple of months after that I really wanted to be pregnant with them.

Now it's completely gone. I love DS so much, and I had always planned on wanting 2 or 3 kids, but I am seriously wondering if I might want just one. Then I think about how much I would love to have a little girl though and so that confuses the fever again. When my friend has her little girl in the next couple of weeks that will not help. At all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:a252b8d7-95fe-4064-849a-0b85abd85531">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mehg, I have come to the current conclusion that I don't want anymore kids. However, about 2 months ago I wanted one BAD. <strong>But I've never notices that I wanted one more around TOM</strong>... I go through cycles of whether or not we will try to have one. H doesn't ZOMG have to have one, but he's not against it either. We're both kind of "Meh" on the situation right now.
    Posted by cha+ching[/QUOTE]

<div>Here I am, sitting and wondering WTF Tom is and why he should make you want a baby. hahahaha</div>
  • Jas - that is like the cutest thing I have ever heard.

CCF - You just let me know when girl! I'm not going anywhere :P
  • Card- Are you going to adopt within the US?
     H and I can't agree on where we would hypothetically adopt from. I say Africa. He says Japan.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:bcb9cf09-3666-4932-aa39-967e0b3cb8d3">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to the Winchester Mystery House last Fall and it was awesome. The only crummy thing is we couldn't take pictures inside the house (WTF?). We were looking around the servant's kitchen (me and my friend) when the tour guide called us into the landing outside the dining room. She went ahead of me, and followed behind her. Something tapped me on the head, felt kind of like a water droplet or someone trying to get my attention. I touched my head and it wasn't wet and there was no one behind me. I got super spooked.

Oh god, we had a ghost at the bar. I'd be there alone in the office counting money, and someone would pinch myass. Seriously Grant (that was his name)?! I'm kind of busy.
  • Goddamn incubus was trying to have his way with you!
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Jas, we're not sure.  Anywhere, really.
  • Night, Sesh!

Count me in on the Winchester house trip! I have always wanted to see it.
  • Night Sesh! Love you!
  • Sleep tight, sesh!

I get really scared when I think about having kids.  I wonder if I'm going to mess them up somehow or be a bad mommy.  I need to get over that.  Plus I can be really neurotic and anxious and I think I'd try to shelter my babies from everything so they didn't get hurt.  Eek, it's making me anxious just thinking about it.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Alright ladies, I'm gonna go to bed now, I'm running in the morning. It was a pleasure! I so rarely get to be both a morning and nighttime knottie. Cool
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Night Sesh!

Alyssa, it was adorable. I was like "Awwww!     But I'm still not growing your children."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards