Snarky Brides

TK irrational irritations

Re: TK irrational irritations

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:fd758f08-da53-48b6-bb44-2f3f45d2fe6d">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK irrational irritations : Cew, I have noticed that people like to yell your name, and I have always wondered why.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

I'm probably guilty of this.

cew's a regular e.e. cummings. 

(I know that was just a publishing mix up thing and not how E. E. really wanted it...it's an example) 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations: Aatb. It was all her.Posted by NebbACTUALLY.nbsp; Now that I look back, I only started it because you were in a hiss fit over who gets to call me Boobs.nbsp; SO IT'S ACTUALLY YOUR FAULT that I started it. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    NO. You said you didn't want to have kids cause of what it would do to your boobs and that started everyone else with having to put in their two "sense"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:2c170a4c-e88e-4824-93b3-0d40ee2c22f0">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, totally irrational but the RSVP count signatures irritate me. Why should we care how many people you invited and how many of them "can't find the mailbox?" At least countdown tickers make life easier so you don't have to look at a person's profile to find their wedding date.  This is particularly true of the tall ones rather than the wide ones. I think this at least partially goes back to my hatred of unbalanced signatures.  I am not trying to pick on texasgurly, i just remembered that when I saw her post. My month board is full of them right now. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

I did invite sig counts because otherwise the girls on my local would have been all "ZOMG HAS ANYONE RESPONDED YET?!"

But, I agree about the cutesy language that goes with them. 
  • I think it's because it's just initials. I probably do it with AATB. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I do. Haha. I suck.

Oh. And I think it's stupid to label a clearly NWR thread as NWR (like the old cars one). Duh. I'm pretty sure that we all know that buying an old car doesn't have anything to do with your wedding.
  • Should we talk about poop instead? Or hair pies?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Celtic, I've somehow avoided our month board. I used to peruse it when things got slow but now that I'm stuck on mobile I hate navigating away from the SB page because my phone sucks and it will take me three hours to load it back half way, freeze, perform battery pull, load for 2 minutes then spend another hour and a half waiting for SB. Needless to say September 2012 is on the backburner.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:f237d0d5-e7f1-4a0a-b85a-e5e6ba301d61">Re:TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations: NO. You said you didn't want to have kids cause of what it would do to your boobs and that started everyone else with having to put in their two "sense"
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

NOPE :)

Alli, I think we should talk about poop hair pies.
    panther
  • I think we should talk about our favorite Jack Handy quotes.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:[QUOTE]Should we talk about poop instead? Or hair pies? Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]
    Wanna know what's the worst? Working in an office with a single bathroom, having the shiits and someone knocking while you're in there and waiting outside the door till you're finished. Seriously the worst.
  • So, uh, what's a hair pie? I'm fairly certain I don't want to know but that is exactly why I DO want to know.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:[QUOTE]I think we should talk about our favorite Jack Handy quotes. Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    BABY DUCK HAT!!!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:bfa0d6dc-8501-4854-afc6-7f08b3e0f455">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we should talk about our favorite Jack Handy quotes.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

eta - and now I am laughing at Nebb's post about having theshits.
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations: NO. You said you didn't want to have kids cause of what it would do to your boobs and that started everyone else with having to put in their two "sense"Posted by NebbNOPE :Alli, I think we should talk about poop hair pies. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    I said your name boobs after you mentioned a boob thread. You said boob thread, then said your baby boob thing. Its your fault.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:2c170a4c-e88e-4824-93b3-0d40ee2c22f0">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, totally irrational but the RSVP count signatures irritate me. Why should we care how many people you invited and how many of them "can't find the mailbox?" At least countdown tickers make life easier so you don't have to look at a person's profile to find their wedding date.  This is particularly true of the tall ones rather than the wide ones. I think this at least partially goes back to my hatred of unbalanced signatures.  I am not trying to pick on texasgurly, i just remembered that when I saw her post. My month board is full of them right now. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

No offense taken :-)
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Nebb, I just wouldn't go at work if that was the case. When I was in school I used to travel to the least populated bathroom I could find if that very last stall on the end was occupied. I call that stall the poop room. Everyone sought out the poop room.
  • Nebb there are way too many boobs in your post
    panther
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:[QUOTE]Nebb, I just wouldn't go at work if that was the case. When I was in school I used to travel to the least populated bathroom I could find if that very last stall on the end was occupied. I call that stall the poop room. Everyone sought out the poop room. Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]
    Sometimes your ass doesn't give you a choice as to when/where you go. Like when I was driving home afterwards and was like 3 minutes away from making in my pants. That was a really awesome day.
  • When I was a kid, my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he'd eat one of us. It wasn't until later that I found out Uncle Caveman was a bear.
  • Must.  Resist.  Urge.  To share shiiit stories.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:a64add53-610e-4cdd-a3d8-ba9cb3a650c6">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Must.  Resist.  Urge.  To share shiiit stories.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Do it.  We all know you have an epic shiiit story to share.

I don't really have a TK related irritation to share.  Still catching up on the thread though so maybe some of the already listed ones will jog my memory.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:TK irrational irritations:[QUOTE]Must.nbsp; Resist.nbsp; Urge.nbsp; To share shiiit stories. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Please DON'T resist!
  • True. If I had to poo myself then yeah I would go anytime/anywhere pretty much. For non emergencies I would be less inclined.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:32f3054d-2f6e-4651-8595-ed473175dc22">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK irrational irritations : Please resist. And now I'm off to google to try to figure out who Jack Handy is.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt how could you not know who Jack Handy is? That's like not knowing who Cinderella is!
  • At my old job, there was a multi-person men's room right across from a main office. However, I would often see these two older guys who worked in that officein particular traveling to the far end of the building to go to the single stall men's room, and it must have been when they needed to poop.. It's weird seeing someone and know they are about to poop or just pooped, especially when they go to shake your hand.

Oh, and my old boss would come out of his office and say "Ohh, that xxxx is going right through me" and grab some papers off my desk for reading material.Then he would bring it back and out it on my desk.  Oh no, you are not contaminating my reports with your poop germs. After the first time, when he said it I just dove over my desk and grabbed anything he could take. Shittard.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-irrational-irritations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:87304fa7-0e25-4d99-a9e2-acd7a74b1f9bPost:ea4d735c-6616-482c-98f9-299b8c4188ce">Re: TK irrational irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK irrational irritations : Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt how could you not know who Jack Handy is? That's like not knowing who Cinderella is!
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Or D'Artagnan. 

I'm irritated it takes forever for posts to load here for me lately. 
  • If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Did I ever tell you about the time I was at Sea World and a fucking sea gull took a massive shiiit right onto my face?  Those were good times.
    panther
  • If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because I bet that's what REALLY throws you into a panic.

• If you go flying back through time and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.
  • NebbNebb member
    It irritates me there aren't more canadians here. Canada is pretty big so where is everyone?
  • Any time I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards