Snarky Brides
Options

Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday

Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:c7d8d5f7-44a4-4ed3-b240-5c45f73a79fb">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : In some instances we are more humane to our pets than we are to fellow humans.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Could you imagine killing kids because no one wanted them? I bet they're already talking about how we're racist against kids again on TN. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012

I've never had an abortion, I've thankfully never been pregnant. But I've been in a very abusive relationship that resulted in a lot of unprotected, non-consensual sex.

I am going to be perfectly honest: I knew getting pregnant was a possibility (I didn't have the ability to get my own BC, and my ex refused to wear condoms for this exact reason), and that if I had a child tying me to my ex for the rest of my life, it would have been a death sentence (Either he would have killed me, or I eventually would have killed myself to "escape").

When you have to actually think to yourself "If I get pregnant and can't get to an abortion clinic, I'm going to just have to hope he pushes me down the stairs or he'll have his claws in me forever"-then you can fvcking talk to me about what right you have to tell another woman what she can and can't do as far as going through with a pregnancy goes.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:c7d8d5f7-44a4-4ed3-b240-5c45f73a79fb">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : In some instances we are more humane to our pets than we are to fellow humans.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Agreed! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:983198e5-7eaa-4ec8-9f47-7718f1aa7b27">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you might need a bigger shovel, monkey. Seriously if you just put the words "I think" or "my opinion is" in front of your thoughts then you'd come off a little less self righteous.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Ha, perhaps.  Is it "I believe" that bothers you or when I just say things with no "I ____" in front of it?

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:9503465c-3b9d-415f-9830-d7652a54c7c4">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm honestly not trying to start an assisted suicide debate. I don't support assisted suicide but that doesn't mean I think we need to continue artificially supporting people forever (i.e. respirators, etc.) My point was that going through difficulties in life (and yes, it's very hard for me too, Blue, not just for mom, although obviously my mom's suffering is worse), doesn't mean that you just change your beliefs.  Morality doesn't change... killing is always wrong even if it "feels" like the right thing to do. <strong> That's because human life to right is inalienable</strong>.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

I would argue that the right to life is nothing without free will.
  • Options
    Your version of morality doesnt mean its everyone elses.  Its how YOU should live your life.  But you dont get to determine how the rest of us live ours.

Dont believe in abortion, dont have one.  Dont believe in divorce, dont get one.  Dont believe in assisted suicide/suicide, dont kill yourself.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Monkey, one thing that I am getting from all of this is that you are not a moral relativist. And I actually applaud that. Moral relativism is about as attractive to me as a scrotum.

Still, I think you have got a lot of things wrong. And because I am not a moral relativist either, I don't have a problem with saying that.
  • Options
    See. It's stories like Ramona's that make me think people who only see the abortion issue as a strictly black/white are absolute idiots, assholes, or just so naive it's incomprehensible.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:5440e546-772f-45d8-b523-e1c6cde772af">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : Because I believe in objective morality instead of subjective morality?  If that's sanctimonious, sure fine, whatever.  But I don't think it is...
    Morals are personal beliefs, are they not? How can your morals dictate me as a person?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:70cb9521-2338-4ff2-b5c4-46adb16c1733">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Monkey, one thing that I am getting from all of this is that you are not a moral relativist. And I actually applaud that. Moral relativism is about as attractive to me as a scrotum. Still, I think you have got a lot of things wrong. And because I am not a moral relativist either, I don't have a problem with saying that.
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not.  I think that morality is universal.  Moral relativism is self-defeating. 

Like I said before, people have every right to think I'm wrong.  Maybe abortion is a perfectly moral option.  Maybe suicide is too.  Maybe a lot of my beliefs are wrong.

But I don't think they are, and I'm not going to back down from them so that other people aren't "offended."

I'm not wishy-washy.  I have my opinions, and they are actually completely consistent.  That's why I don't mind the flaming... but don't make it personal because I didn't.

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:acfdadc3-e644-472d-bf7a-20e42d295a99">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : No, I'm not.  I think that morality is universal.  Moral relativism is self-defeating.  Like I said before, people have every right to think I'm wrong.  Maybe abortion is a perfectly moral option.  Maybe suicide is too.  Maybe a lot of my beliefs are wrong. But I don't think they are, and I'm not going to back down from them so that other people aren't "offended." I'm not wishy-washy.  I have my opinions, and they are actually completely consistent.  That's why I don't mind the flaming...<strong><u> but don't make it personal because I didn't.
    </u></strong>Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

You  made it personal by calling people murderers and compared people to slave owners.

Because after I go have my abortion, im totally going to get me some slaves.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:acfdadc3-e644-472d-bf7a-20e42d295a99">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : No, I'm not.  I think that morality is universal.  Moral relativism is self-defeating.  Like I said before, people have every right to think I'm wrong.  <strong>Maybe abortion is a perfectly moral option.  Maybe suicide is too.  Maybe a lot of my beliefs are wrong. But I don't think they are, and I'm not going to back down from them so that other people aren't "offended."</strong> I'm not wishy-washy.  I have my opinions, and they are actually completely consistent.  That's why I don't mind the flaming... but don't make it personal because I didn't.

You can have all the opinions you want. Just don't effing force them on others.  WHY CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS DIFFERENCE?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:a14d982f-6330-4df4-a8d6-a9bf6590cf19">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : You  made it personal by calling people murderers and compared people to slave owners. Because after I go have my abortion, im totally going to get me some slaves.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Personally I want to figure out how to reanimate the fetuses and turn them into slaves.<div>
    </div><div>Too far?</div>

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:8179b9bb-792f-4d70-8ec1-bc770af1b6a0">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]See. It's stories like Ramona's that make me think people who only see the abortion issue as a strictly black/white are absolute idiots, assholes, or just so naive it's incomprehensible.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Outside of my relationship with my ex, had I gotten pregnant when I was younger, I have no idea what I would have done ... but with him? No doubt about it: I wasn't having that baby, because I knew I'd never get away from him if I had something like that tying me to him.

The last thing I would have needed was some sanctimonious douchebag that didn't have to walk in my shoes 9 months later calling me a "murderer" for it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:5f5bd110-d2cf-4fde-be59-76ce73d99be2">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : Personally I want to figure out how to reanimate the fetuses and turn them into slaves. Too far?
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

Fetus zombies. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Because that's what the law is!

It forces society's opinions on others!

There's plenty of people who think laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing, etc. are perfectly acceptable behaviors.  But we force our beliefs on them that laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing are WRONG.

Why do we force these beliefs on them?  Because they affect other people.  Because they violate people's rights to not be stolen from, raped, or killed.  Because these things are harmful to society.

I don't view abortion any differently because it's still killing an innocent person who didn't ask for death.

What do YOU not understand about that?

SaveSave
  • Options
    How can morals be anything but subjective? Everyone's morals are based on their own opinions and beliefs, even if you derive your beliefs from a religious text.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:dc59547d-376e-44b3-b552-df32a8aaa344">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because that's what the law is! It forces society's opinions on others! There's plenty of people who think laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing, etc. are perfectly acceptable behaviors.  But we force our beliefs on them that laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing are WRONG. Why do we force these beliefs on them?  Because they affect other people.  Because they violate people's rights to not be stolen from, raped, or killed.  Because these things are harmful to society. I don't view abortion any differently because it's still killing an innocent person who didn't ask for death. What do YOU not understand about that?
    and we are back at the beginning of the circle. I am glad you are not my law maker. Thank god for that.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:076a8847-e149-4aac-84ba-b6af9626dfa7">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : and we are back at the beginning of the circle. I am glad you are not my law maker. Thank god for that.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

But again, that's only because you don't see the fetus as a person with rights.

That's what the entire disagreement is about. 

It's not about "forcing beliefs" because the government forces one group's beliefs on others every day.

SaveSave
  • Options
    I don't understand how you can consider a 8-week fetus, who is really no more than a parasite, a human worthy of the same protection as the mom.

And regarding 'assisted suicide'- allowing someone to die is NOT the same as killing someone.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:f3967281-225a-47bd-a72a-081d84e952d8">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : But again, that's only because you don't see the fetus as a person with rights. That's what the entire disagreement is about.  It's not about "forcing beliefs" because the government forces one group's beliefs on others every day.
    and like I said, I'm glad you're not my lawmaker. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:acfdadc3-e644-472d-bf7a-20e42d295a99">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday : No, I'm not.  I think that morality is universal.  Moral relativism is self-defeating.  Like I said before, people have every right to think I'm wrong.  Maybe abortion is a perfectly moral option.  Maybe suicide is too.  Maybe a lot of my beliefs are wrong. But I don't think they are, and I'm not going to back down from them so that other people aren't "offended." I'm not wishy-washy.  I have my opinions, and they are actually completely consistent.  That's why I don't mind the flaming... but don't make it personal because I didn't.

<div>I don't think anyone expects you to back down because they are "offended." I do wish you could see where you are wrong, because I think people that espouse views like yours, and subsequently act on those views, are detrimental to society.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:dc59547d-376e-44b3-b552-df32a8aaa344">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because that's what the law is! It forces society's opinions on others! There's plenty of people who think laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing, etc. are perfectly acceptable behaviors.  But we force our beliefs on them that laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing are WRONG. Why do we force these beliefs on them?  Because they affect other people.  Because they violate people's rights to not be stolen from, raped, or killed.  Because these things are harmful to society.<strong> I don't view abortion any differently because it's still killing an innocent person who didn't ask for death</strong>. What do YOU not understand about that?

Yeah, well, in the situation I mentioned earlier, I was an innocent person <strong>who didn't ask to get pregnant because I was being raped continually.
    </strong>
    Again, I got very lucky that I never did get pregnant (Especially since my ex admitted at one point he wanted to get me pregnant so I couldn't leave him). But if I had, I would have found a way to terminate, either clinically, or by praying I had an accident. But yeah, you telling me I would have been a murderer makes me feel <strong>so</strong> much better about that entire situation.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:a461644a-e385-4dcd-a022-b9c4e26f996e">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well this may be flammable, but you sound like a shitty daughter. You are prolonging your mother's seemingly miserable existance for YOU, not her. You are selfish in the highest right. Disgusting.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:dc59547d-376e-44b3-b552-df32a8aaa344">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because that's what the law is! It forces society's opinions on others! There's plenty of people who think laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing, etc. are perfectly acceptable behaviors.  But we force our beliefs on them that laundering money, selling drugs, stealing, raping, killing are WRONG. Why do we force these beliefs on them?  Because they affect other people.  Because they violate people's rights to not be stolen from, raped, or killed.  Because these things are harmful to society. I don't view abortion any differently because it's still killing an innocent person who didn't ask for death. <strong>What do YOU not understand about that?</strong>

For me, abortion is ending a pregnancy not drowning a baby.

This argument is exhausting
  • Options
    Arguing with monkey is like chasing someone around a revolving door. No one wins, we are all annoyed as fucck and I somehow stubbed my toe.
  • Options
    Wheeeee circles

I don't think zombie fetuses would be very productive slaves

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:f3967281-225a-47bd-a72a-081d84e952d8">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday :<strong> But again, that's only because you don't see the fetus as a person with rights.</strong> That's what the entire disagreement is about.  It's not about "forcing beliefs" because the government forces one group's beliefs on others every day.

right. because it's not. I'm pregnant. Had I died when my unborn child was a 8-week fetus (hell, when she was a 20-week fetus), she would have died. CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT THE BIOLOGICAL MOM.  Not a separate person, but rather an extension of my body.

Now? She could likely survive without my body.  So. Now I'd consider her a person.
  • Options
    true, Mara. But it's almost entertaining at this point to see what other self-righteous ignorance will pop out of her 'mouth'.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flame-some-shiiit-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27968be-62b2-4ac3-914d-054ec8ef8b08Post:54661e7b-9908-47c7-bdd8-277bdf9c652b">Re: Flame Some Shiiit Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand how you can consider a 8-week fetus, who is really no more than a parasite, a human worthy of the same protection as the mom. And regarding 'assisted suicide'- allowing someone to die is NOT the same as killing someone.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Well, I wish people would actually address my arguments.  I already gave you biological evidence for why a fetus, even at 8 weeks, is not a parasite. 

The problem I have is that NO ONE here has said that they oppose abortion except life of the mother.  Everyone here has acted like abortion is acceptable for any reason. You guys are acting like the life of the mother is at stake every time an abortion occurs.  No, it's usually not.  So why do you guys harp on that?  Why is the mother's desire to not have a child trump the child's right to life?

And no, I don't think the child's right to life trumps the mother's.  They both have an equal right to life because they are equal human beings.  Human dignity is not dependent upon development.  Believing that it is is both arbitrary and dangerous. 

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards