Snarky Brides
Options

Ask a knottie anything

Re: Ask a knottie anything

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:b9da16ed-6e6f-4113-89ba-fc4f53bb1e1f">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : Not that many people IRL know.  My best friend, my family (but they are skeptical and dont like to talk about it) and a few others. FI does not know the degree of it all.  I dont really talk about it much to him.  He just thinks the house is haunted, just like my old house was. There is alot of harsh feelings about it out there.  How can you expect people to believe something they have never experienced and that they cannot do? Like I said, I dont encourage it and dont like when it happens, so it is not an everyday occurrence.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can imagine it would be tough - I haven't seen that show Ghost Whisperer but I always catch Medium re-runs on Lifetime late at night (lol) and Allison is always meeting all these challenges about what she sees and how people don't believe her.  I just think that would be really, really hard.
    panther
  • Options
    I can't wait for Last Exorcism.  I love to watch movies that scare the crap out of me.  I'm looking forward to Paranormal Activity 2 also
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:59cccb64-30d2-4a26-a202-aca22d1e9ea6">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : My brother couldn't sleep alone for weeks after seeing the remake fo the exorcist because of the one scene where she comes crawling down the stairs.  It scared the shiit out of him.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

The one part in Emily Rose when she is doing that back bend thing in the church and turns her head and goes "Help Me!" gave me nightmares for weeks.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:b9da16ed-6e6f-4113-89ba-fc4f53bb1e1f">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : Not that many people IRL know.  My best friend, my family (but they are skeptical and dont like to talk about it) and a few others. FI does not know the degree of it all.  I dont really talk about it much to him.  He just thinks the house is haunted, just like my old house was. There is alot of harsh feelings about it out there.  How can you expect people to believe something they have never experienced and that they cannot do? Like I said, I dont encourage it and dont like when it happens, so it is not an everyday occurrence.

How long did it take you to understand what was happening? Do you talk to them?

I completely believe in ghosts and believe that I have seen one - but not like you do.  I saw one shadow person of sorts but I think it was just doing its thing and not there for me to really notice it if that makes sense.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:a334fe7f-56aa-470a-9cc7-fa7f08e41568">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : The one part in Emily Rose when she is doing that back bend thing in the church and turns her head and goes "Help Me!" gave me nightmares for weeks.

Ugh yeah that image was particularly frightening.

dmiller - Paranormal Activity 2?!?!?!  SHUT UP!  Haha sweet!
    panther
  • Options
    Yes, B, I know the feeling. Those movements, I don't know why but they scare the hell out of me. I don't let H out of my sight for the rest of the night usually. I didn't see the remake but I do remember that scene from the previews and just that gives me the creeps.

There is a similiar scene in the Grudge, maybe the second one, where the kid is crawling down the stairs and I have to look away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:a334fe7f-56aa-470a-9cc7-fa7f08e41568">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : The one part in Emily Rose when she is doing that back bend thing in the church and turns her head and goes "Help Me!" gave me nightmares for weeks.
    I haven't seen this movie.  I really should rent it.  It would be perfect for the next time H is closing and I'm home alone.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    chips: lays limon (lime flavored chips) i am sooooo addicted but i can't find them here in ohio  :0(

single life: probably food....sometimes the fi eats all my good stuff, or he is anti-healthy food but it all works out in the end (i cook he does dishes)
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:2d0e8baf-8583-4188-881f-68c56aaf6cf4">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : I haven't seen this movie.  I really should rent it.  It would be perfect for the next time H is closing and I'm home alone.

I really liked that movie, betrothed - it's a cool ghost/demon movie but it's also a pretty good courtroom drama too.
    panther
  • Options
    I'll add it to my list.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:41d0616e-53af-4ab3-8328-f14814ae7b9d">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : How long did it take you to understand what was happening? Do you talk to them? I completely believe in ghosts and believe that I have seen one - but not like you do.  I saw one shadow person of sorts but I think it was just doing its thing and not there for me to really notice it if that makes sense.
    Posted by tba0313[/QUOTE]

I have seen them ever since I can remember.  When I was little I used to talk to them all the time.  My mom thought I had an imaginary friend.

I dont like seeing them now and dont want to talk to them.  I have, but most of the time its "Go away".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:6946283f-700c-454a-989c-a667582dc466">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : This is exactly me. I loved skydiving, but now that I have a kid, I just wouldn't do it again. Jas - do you know that I love to talk about serial killers too? I think you, B and me should have a serial killer meeting.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm still on page 2 but I just have to ask if you have heard of the author Charlaine Harris (True Blood) and some of her earlier series books? She has these Aurora Teagarden books and the first one is about a club she belongs to called Real Murders, where they explore famous and not-so-famous killers from history. Awesome idea. :P
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:2d0e8baf-8583-4188-881f-68c56aaf6cf4">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : I haven't seen this movie.  I really should rent it.  It would be perfect for the next time H is closing and I'm home alone.

I think I may have cried after watching this movie. I also wouldn't go into a room with having H or the dog there. And I was constantly nervous when trying to fall asleep.
  • Options
    Cew, how was your child birth experience?

AATB, do you vote? Who did you vote for in the 2008 presidential election?

TBA, are you nervous about your upcoming wedding?

B, what is your favorite movie of all time?

Jelenny, what is your favorite hobby?

Blue, what's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Se, what's the nicest thing your FI has done for you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:6b5002af-7bc5-4e4b-9726-6683ff2656dd">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, what's the scariest movie you've ever seen? Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

28 Days Later.  I dont know why, but that movie scares the shiiit out of me.

I have not seen many horror movies because I am a wuss.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Piranha IS actually a "reimaging." The original was cheesy fun. This one has Richard Dreyfuss, Ving Rhames, so how bad can it be? I don't remember which opens first.

I did read on imdb that the girl in the Last Exorcism did the contortions herself. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's what it says - she's double jointed or super limber or something. There's no cgi.

And yes, creepy crawly kids freak me out.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:2f5726d9-e43e-4bf8-b655-68dd64985a5f">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]DMiller- What's your favorite thing about Ohio? Ever been to Indiana? MIAF- I hear you won the New Balance shoes! How many miles have you put on them? Do you like running? I hate it. Jas- Tell me more about the books you've had published. What were the stories about?<strong> Everyone- Do you really, truly love your engagement/wedding rings?</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, 100%. The stone is a family heirloom, FI's Mom's Mom's Godmother's. (Yeah, that's kind of hard to follow). Family history is extremely important to me and it meant so much to me that FI's mom loves me so much to pass the ring(stone) on and that FI knew how precious it would be to me because it is from his family.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:3e9cb50a-b6d8-4e93-9ddd-0ebf79188555">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : Ugh yeah that image was particularly frightening. dmiller - <strong>Paranormal Activity 2</strong>?!?!?!  SHUT UP!  Haha sweet!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

YES, I can't get the damn link at work, but google it and check out the trailer.  Looks like a different house, but there's a dog and a baby.  Looks scary :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:47cce7bf-0ed9-4bfb-a60b-da7e4cf065d4">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask a knottie anything : I think I may have cried after watching this movie. I also wouldn't go into a room with having H or the dog there. And I was constantly nervous when trying to fall asleep.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like the perfect movie for me to sit in the dark alone and watch.  I love terrifying movies, especially when I'm alone.

B, what is your favorite movie of all time?
    It's a toss up between The Princess Bride and Labyrinth.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    All the movies you guys are talking about.......I freak out when I see previews for that $hit
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:6b5002af-7bc5-4e4b-9726-6683ff2656dd">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Se, what's the nicest thing your FI has done for you?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Hmm, he's done a lot. One I always remember is that on our second date, just before we were leaving for dinner, my mom called and told me my cat died. I was heartbroken. So H, having met me only once before, was now left with a crying woman. He took me to the beach and we walked for awhile, and he just held my hand and let me cry.

I was also really scared to tell him about all my baggage, figured he'd run for the hills when I did. But after I told him, he just kissed me, said he loved me, and asked if I wanted to go get some ice cream and a movie, his treat--this doesn't sound like much, but it proved how well he knew me and how he knew what I needed at that time.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    You bet your booty I'm Canadian jas. 

I haven't spent much of my adult life single, I'm a serial monogamist, so it's hard to say what I missed....

ETA:  I typed that a LONG time ago, but then had to go deal with some shiit at work, so I figured I'd hit post anyway....
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TBA, are you nervous about your upcoming wedding?

Only about sobbing like a baby and dancing with my dad.  I'm not real touchy feely, we've never danced together, and it freaks me out to think about him crying.  I love him dearly, but the whole situation is just uncomfortable for me.

Other than that, I am freakin stoked! It needs to hurry up!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:6b5002af-7bc5-4e4b-9726-6683ff2656dd">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE] AATB, do you vote? Who did you vote for in the 2008 presidential election?

I do vote - but the past few elections have been a nightmare for me.  I always get to meet all the candidates and hear all their sides - good and bad. 

In 2008 I remember that I'd figured out who I was voting for in all the other races and saved the presidential election for last.  I live in a conservative state (nd) so I knew no matter who I voted for, it would swing to McCain.  I actually think John McCain would be a fine president - he shoulda been in there instead of G-dub.  But in the end, I voted Obama.  I couldn't get past the Sarah Palin thing.  I truly liked her for a day and then after that every time she opened her mouth my eyes rolled back into my head.

I like to think it was more of a vote against McCain than for Obama, though.  And that's usually how I justify my votes.

No one I know IRL knows how I vote though.  So this is classified information, ya'll.
    panther
  • Options
    Se, that's so sweet. He sounds like such a caring person.

B, I love Labyrinth and David Bowie.

Jas, if you were to choose another religion, what would you choose?

Raynes, what your favorite place to go?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:92e70bd7-100d-43a1-a31f-f79bd229514a">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone - Except Fever, since she already answered :) <strong>How did you meet your fiance/husband?</strong>
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

We met at work. We both worked for a video game company for a few years before we actually started talking. After I filed for divorce I ran into him in a hallway and asked him what exactly his job title was (we have lots of different types of artists/designers). He showed me his desk and what he was working on and we just kept talking until we were dating and it was love. :P
  • Options
    MILF- You are full of good questions today.  Where did you come up with all of them?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    AATB, my red state turned blue in the last election for the first time since the 196os. It was pretty remarkable.
  • Options
    I would be Jewish. I love mysticism, and they seem to have an appreciation and acceptance of death that I really envy. I struggle with my religion a lot, and I would love to be able to believe in something 100%.

MIAF- What are you most looking forward to about your wedding? What about your marriage?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:3a1d8346-c308-472c-9d4d-ae8a547fa50e">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Se, that's so sweet. He sounds like such a caring person. B, I love Labyrinth and David Bowie. Jas, if you were to choose another religion, what would you choose? <strong>Raynes, what your favorite place to go?</strong>

My favourite place to go?  Must be Home Depot, 'cause I'm there multiple times a week.  I dunno though.  We're homebodies and usually just hang out at home.  We're still relatively new to the city, so haven't really found any great restaurants to hang out at.  Sooooo, I'll say the liquor store.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards