Snarky Brides
Options

Ask a knottie anything

Re: Ask a knottie anything

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:f65d0b8f-3a0f-41f2-bd3d-bbf9c0cdaa0e">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]MILF- You are full of good questions today.  Where did you come up with all of them?
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Completely random, top of my head questions. I'm trying to be a better interviewer. I interview my FI a lot, he just doesn't realize it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    369 posts? That is amazing. Way to start a thread Cew!
  • Options
    MILF--what is your absolute favorite thing about your FI?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:2b47d086-75bd-40bd-8713-d8ade350c1b4">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, my red state turned blue in the last election for the first time since the 196os. It was pretty remarkable.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

I, unfortunately, had a hand in that. Although, for me it was the lesser of two evils.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:2b47d086-75bd-40bd-8713-d8ade350c1b4">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB, my red state turned blue in the last election for the first time since the 196os. It was pretty remarkable.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

The polls were actually indicating that ND would go blue last time around - and it hadn't since Lyndon Johnson.  So that would have been fun.

But it's fun living next to MN where you never know what the hell is gonna happen.  They will elect anybody.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:514eaaaa-c752-4ec9-b63d-b6c8dbb207bb">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would be Jewish. I love mysticism, and they seem to have an appreciation and acceptance of death that I really envy. I struggle with my religion a lot, and I would love to be able to believe in something 100%. MIAF- What are you most looking forward to about your wedding? What about your marriage?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Hah! I knew you would say that! I would pick Judaism as well.

I'm looking forward to the HM the most to be completely honest. I can't wait to be married with a cold drink in my hand, next to my husband on the beach.

I can't wait to meet our children. *cheesy*
  • Options
    Everyone: (if I have not missed this in this mamoth thread!) Do you get along with your FI/H's family?

I am blessed, I love my H's family!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:feef1f54-4a09-4236-8bef-2aa9234c0981">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]MILF--what is your absolute favorite thing about your FI?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

He's very interesting. We've been together over four years and I never get bored with him. We talk a lot, a lot more than we watch TV or anything else. He always surprises me with his thoughts and experiences. I learn a little bit more about him all the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:37e5a2ca-aa79-4c72-8d81-4701320d32f0">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone: (if I have not missed this in this mamoth thread!) Do you get along with your FI/H's family? I am blessed, I love my H's family!
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

I adore Ben's family.  They've always felt right to be with - if that makes sense.  When Ben and I broke up senior year of high school, he came home crying about it and when his parents found out what happened his dad apparently yelled "What!?  Why the fuuck did you do that!!!"  So the feelings are mutual :)  They were so excited when we got back together.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:37e5a2ca-aa79-4c72-8d81-4701320d32f0">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone: (if I have not missed this in this mamoth thread!) Do you get along with your FI/H's family? I am blessed, I love my H's family!

Yup. His parents are always asking after me and inviting me over, and his sisters are super sweet. I love them all.
  • Options
    Everyone: (if I have not missed this in this mamoth thread!) Do you get along with your FI/H's family?

I get along with them pretty well, but I can usually only handle a few days at a time.  His mom is really nice, but kinda, um, simple?  It's nice to go for a visit, but I'm usually more than ready to leave come Sunday morning.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:37e5a2ca-aa79-4c72-8d81-4701320d32f0">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone: (if I have not missed this in this mamoth thread!) Do you get along with your FI/H's family?
    Everyone that H is still in contact with, yes.  They all love me and I think they are some of the sweetest people to ever walk the earth.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:37e5a2ca-aa79-4c72-8d81-4701320d32f0">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:

His dad and step mom are great.  His real mother = witch.  She's not even coming to our wedding.

Question: Ever done anything "bad" you'd like to confess?
  • Options
    I love Michael's family.  They are a lot like my family so we all get along great.  Our parents even really enjoy hanging out with each other.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

For the most part.
  • Options
    Well, for anyone that missed my post yesterday, I hate my MIL was a fiery passion. And I don't really ever hate people. But I think I am justified. H doesn't know his dad, and we aren't close with the rest of his family.
  • Options
    MIAF- Where are you going on your honeymoon?
  • Options

YES! Thank goodness. His sister is one of my best friends.
  • Options
    Mark and I grew up in practically the same family, so we both fit right in.

He's one of 7 kids; I'm one of 8.  Both of us had blue-collar parents (his dad was a janitor; mine was a truckdriver) who sent all of their children to 12 years of Catholic school.  Our moms were homemakers, except when they weren't to help pay the bills - both worked secretarial jobs on and off throughout our childhoods.  Just very, very similar backgrounds. 

I adore his Mom, esp. 
  • Options

Yes, they are all really nice and love me to death. H's mom is thrilled that someone is taking care of her son and keeping him fed. His grandfather told him to propose the first time we met. And his dad is super cool, very laid back and go with the flow. His sister can be grating at times, but she's very sweet (I just can't stand her baby-talk voice).

LIkewise, my family loves H. Every time I'm coming down they tell me I better be bringing him along too. My mom said she knew the first time she met him that he was the one for me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:8a84655d-bd87-4728-812c-170401974541">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIAF- Where are you going on your honeymoon?

Cozumel at an AI resort. Neither one of us have ever been on a vacation like it. I've never been outside the country and he's only been to third world countries and war zones, so we are excited.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:9d26b5c1-2b76-4a05-93e3-269aab245075">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question: Ever done anything "bad" you'd like to confess?
    Posted by tba0313[/QUOTE]

I can only think of one thing, but it's probably way too much of a downer and I still feel pretty guilty about it.
  • Options
    this thread is really long and kinda frightens me. i don't think i am going to read it.
  • Options
    Jas - Are most of your friends older than you?  You seem to be very mature for your age, so I would assume that you would gravitate more towards people that are a little older.

Staceytaylor - How are your wedding plans coming along?  It's getting close, are you getting nervous about any details?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Question: Ever done anything "bad" you'd like to confess?

I made a fake license plate once Surprised. But I won't tell you why.
  • Options
    MIAF- Only war zones? Eep. What does he do?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:e424879b-e29f-42a3-9628-9a4da486b8e3">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIAF- Only war zones? Eep. What does he do?

He <em>was</em> in the Army. But he served his time and now he's out.
  • Options
    Dmiller-Thank you. :) Most of our married friends are in there late twenties- early forties. Beyond that, I spend most of my time with little children.

MIAF- That sounds so fun!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh Sarah. Chicken.

I get along okay with his sister. I don't like Bunco, and she plays, so when she invites me to sub play, I have to come up with an excuse. I'm closer to my brother's wife. His nephew - is a grump in general. I don't think I've ever seen him smile. Sister's new husband? Who knows? He sits on the couch if we eat over, and watches TV or a movie. His aunt is crazy. She keeps score of who comes to visit her and when.

His mom's deceased.  His "father" could not exist, as far as J and I are concerned. He's a mega super asshole to the nth degree. I will never plan to have a relationship with him, unless J changes his mind.

Oh, as far as my family goes? They love John. Andy, my nephew especially. In fact, he made some smart comment to me (like something my brother would say), and my dad high fived him while he laughed out loud.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a448b16f-efda-4fd0-8448-185a8d391181Post:80514867-5de1-4970-b7e5-e1c9b977e7dc">Re: Ask a knottie anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan on seeing that movie this weekend. J's on an overnight bike ride, and he was mean enough to go see the Expendables with a buddy and not me, so I'm going to see that (he wouldn't see that anyway).
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

When you say bike ride, do you mean bicycles or motorcycles?  Just curious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards