Snarky Brides
Options

AYG!

This is a special AYG, because tomorrow is actually Festivus, so I thought we should get it started early and go all out.  Maybe later we'll have the feats of strength :)

So let's get down to it, guys, and Happy Festivus!

I'll start with that thread to Crose yesterday.  I kind of feel bad for coming down on her  yesterday because it seemed to open the flood gates and started a dump on Crose fest.  I think the thread last night was pretty unnecessary, TBH.
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: AYG!

• Options
    I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna to hear about it.
  • Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Starting early, eh?

Well, you can't grieve all day if you don't start early.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:3c6e5ee0-2edf-4fc5-b67b-a74ff5e11411">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Starting early, eh? Well, you can grieve all day if you don't start early.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]
    Yup, and I kind of lied in my OP.  It's not just because tomorrow is Festivus that I started it early.  It's also because I'm leaving the office at around noon and may not be back until tomorrow.  I don't want to miss it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the Crose thread turned out well or just completely derailed. I did think it was nice that a newb tried to ask a bunch of getting-to-know-you questions of her to make the thread about her in a nice way.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:82aff070-72d3-4802-9e5a-b5630547fd4a">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm not sure if the Crose thread turned out well or just completely derailed. </strong>I did think it was nice that a newb tried to ask a bunch of getting-to-know-you questions of her to make the thread about her in a nice way.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    That brings up another grievance for me.  How hard is it to stay on topic for a page?  It seems like it rarely happens around here.  I mean if you guys have enough to start a thread flaming someone, why is it 3 posts in that the thread has completely derailed to breakfast foods (okay, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea)?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I have a greivance with one of our stupid sales agents who is trying to convince me that "A Wolf Howling But in Words" actually makes sense as a slogan. No, it means you're too lazy to call the customer and find out what he actually wanted because you don't want to admit you didn't perform the interview properly.

I have no TK issues at the moment. I feel like I haven't been around much this week. I haven't even read the crose thread yet, I don't think. They're all a blur right now.
  • Options
    B, I've noticed it happening at weird and inappropriate times. I feel it's a form of bean-dipping, and I'm just not sure why. Is it to protect the person getting flamed or deflect from someone else getting into it, or to draw attention to oneself? I don't get it.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:454b95c1-ebd9-4b54-bb4f-bfcd99bb713a">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]B, I've noticed it happening at weird and inappropriate times. I feel it's a form of bean-dipping, and I'm just not sure why. Is it to protect the person getting flamed or deflect from someone else getting into it, or to draw attention to oneself? I don't get it.
    You might be right, but it's annoying as hell to try and read through a thread where every other post is completely off topic.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:6e5f9e69-2d44-47fb-b06d-1e88977f0f09">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : You might be right, but it's annoying as hell to try and read through a thread where every other post is completely off topic.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Chickens!

*ducks*

Turducken?

Kidding, I'm really done now. You're right, it is annoying.

• Options
    I've got nothing, I havent been around enough!

Ok I have one....I'm mad because B gets to leave work early. Ok now I feel better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:a395cee0-1e32-4503-bc0a-a2a5dcba6506">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've got nothing, I havent been around enough! Ok I have one....I'm mad because B gets to leave work early. Ok now I feel better.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    I accept your flame with a toothy grin.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Can I bring in a grievance from my club board?  It's over now... but CN: girl secretly gets married so she can get better financial aid, but refuses to tell her family.  Then comes back and posts (in a thread just asking about whether or not you want to have kids), that THEY will not be having kids until after they have no debt, because it's irresponsible to raise kids while under financial 'strain'.... as in, no mortgage or anything.  

Bah. On the surface, it's probably not a big deal, but this girl kept one-upping pretty much everyone on our club board for the last year. 

I told ya... I got nothin relevant this week. 
  • Options
    I didn't get the whole jumping on 1ofthesedays thing.
    She did a stupid thing as a kid. BFD, we all have done something stupid in our lives, and she made an offhand joking remark about it. I don't think it deserved the grief she was given.
  • Options
    That's a perfectly legit flame, Steph.  She sounds like a real peach.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:eb9cf333-732a-4531-b9e4-36af21076d20">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I bring in a grievance from my club board?  It's over now... but CN: girl secretly gets married so she can get better financial aid, but refuses to tell her family.  Then comes back and posts (in a thread just asking about whether or not you want to have kids), that THEY will not be having kids until after they have no debt, because it's irresponsible to raise kids while under financial 'strain'.... as in, no mortgage or anything.   Bah. On the surface, it's probably not a big deal, but this girl kept one-upping pretty much everyone on our club board for the last year.  I told ya... I got nothin relevant this week. 
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Ha, good luck with that. Unless you own your own trailer, you will always have debt.
  • Options
    My only one really is that I'm at work today, last day I need to be here before Christmas, and I don't want to do anything.  Anytime anyone talks to me I feel annoyed.  I can't wait to be at home :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:efee6ac8-6908-41ff-ab12-0917fcafb912">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : I accept your flame with a toothy grin.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

I'm just jealous because there is one person in the office that has to be here if I'm not, and vice versa. We cant exisit on the same plain or something. Well she decided to go to Florida for the rest of the week.

So here I am. So I took off next Mon and Tuesday, and DH and I are doing a spa day Tuesday,massage, mani, and pedi. I'm so ready!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I find it ironic that JK went troll hunter on 1ofthosedays earlier in the day, but then defended Crose last night.  If you're going to call out BSC, at least be consistant.

I'm still on the fence about Crose - I'm not sure if I believe that she's a troll or just really dumb.  I don't care if you're new to message boards, it's not difficult to lurk to figure out what's going on and how to respond.  Combine that with the fact that she managed to respond to every "attack" that she found against her, but didn't respond to actual posts/questions makes me question her. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:47da9c8c-27ba-40a2-9555-1f5eef79550e">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : I'm just jealous because there is one person in the office that has to be here if I'm not, and vice versa. We cant exisit on the same plain or something. Well she decided to go to Florida for the rest of the week. So here I am. So I took off next Mon and Tuesday, and DH and I are doing a spa day Tuesday,massage, mani, and pedi. I'm so ready!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    Now I'm flaming you for a spa day.  I want one!
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I am sorry. The girl likes Hot Rod. I can't get over that. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:eb9cf333-732a-4531-b9e4-36af21076d20">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I bring in a grievance from my club board?  It's over now... but CN: girl secretly gets married so she can get better financial aid, but refuses to tell her family.  Then comes back and posts (in a thread just asking about whether or not you want to have kids), that THEY will not be having kids until after they have no debt, because it's irresponsible to raise kids while under financial 'strain'.... as in, no mortgage or anything.   Bah. On the surface, it's probably not a big deal, but this girl kept one-upping pretty much everyone on our club board for the last year.  I told ya... I got nothin relevant this week. 

That's ignorant.  Aside from being bass-ackwards, she clearly has no concept of time-value of money or the ability of money to earn interest. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:bb1e5fbb-a263-467b-a475-87ac18704c0a">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : That's ignorant.  Aside from being bass-ackwards, she clearly has no concept of time-value of money or the ability of money to earn interest. 
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

<div>The best part is that it's going to all happen in 10 years.  
    <div>
    <div><a href="http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/46773099.aspx">Link</a>.</div><div>
    </div><div>In all fairness, Blue and I were a little harsh on her... but, like I said. All she's done all year is be all "I'm better than you, because we're paying for our wedding."  no sh.t you are, you scammed your family to pay less for tuition.</div></div></div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2010
    I didnt like the fuss over 1 OR crose yesterday, so shes annoying, so are we ALL. Its nothing new, they are just not regs so they get the crappy end of the stick and we pick on them. If it was a reg posting in every thread, whether sensicle or not, they would not get flamed. In regards to 1, who CARES what stupid thing she did as a kid, we all do to some degree. Its not like shes a tool now just because she did something stupid at 12 years old. It all seemed like jumping on someone because there was nothing better to do at the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:b02d83cc-4d71-47e7-8b1a-8a3c7e892fc3">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : The best part is that it's going to all happen in 10 years.   Link . In all fairness, Blue and I were a little harsh on her... but, like I said. All she's done all year is be all "I'm better than you, because we're paying for our wedding."  no sh.t you are, you scammed your family to pay less for tuition.
    Alright, steph, I read the link you posted.  TBH, I think you misinterpreted what she said, based on your bias about her.  There was no judgement in her first post.  All she did was answer the poll with an explanation that they are waiting because of X, Y, and Z.  Should she just have left her reason out of it and said "We're waiting 10 years?"

I can see not liking someone, but I don't see a reason, based on that single post, to call her out.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I know I had something earlier this week I wanted to air, but I totally forget now.

I didn't read the whole 1 thing until after the fact yesterday, and I'll agree that it was probably a bit overdone.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I fully admitted we reacted based on our bias.  It's not like that's the first time it's happened on here though. 

ETA: That came across as more defensive than I meant.  I'm not really 'defending' myself or arguing the flame.  I'll admit, though, I still think she (ledalia) is clueless. ;)
  • Options
    I don't care what 1 did as much as it was weird how she was shocked people had opinions on it.

I don't know enough about the crose thing because after 3 or 4 posts I just starting glazing over her.

Oh, and on the topic of random interjections in threads? I definitely agree with the deflecting thing. I also think many people are having convos off board (tiny, fb, gchat... I know I do) at the same time they are posting and it is leaking onto the boards in a weird way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:bffe964a-701d-4e99-9f5c-8b272a83fc61">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't care what 1 did as much as it was weird how she was shocked people had opinions on it.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    This is what it was for me too.

And yes, Steph, it happens, but we also call people out on it when they flame for no reason
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:454b95c1-ebd9-4b54-bb4f-bfcd99bb713a">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]B, I've noticed it happening at weird and inappropriate times. I feel it's a form of bean-dipping, and I'm just not sure why. Is it to protect the person getting flamed or deflect from someone else getting into it, or <strong>to draw attention to oneself</strong>? I don't get it.

I think it's this.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I do have a couple. They're not really huge, though.

I agree with the idea that Any's sig with Switzerland was just perpetuating the us / them BS. I went back and saw that she didn't create it herself, but I still think it was lame. I also think she's awesome for changing it without getting all butthurt.

Also, when AATB went into the intro thread from that newb yesterday and said something about how she would probably name her as her favorite poster because they all do, my eyes rolled. Hard. I really do like AATB, but come on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards