Snarky Brides
Options

AYG!

Re: AYG!

• Options
    How on earth did cat aids start?! They had to have gotten it from somewhere...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:edd8745f-0598-4a0a-89c0-99df838a7ca7">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FIV.  It's the feline version of HIV and is not transmittable to humans.  I know this because I fostered an FIV+ cat once, before I had cats of my own, and my dad freaked the hell out when I tried to explain it.  He actually called the CDC to make sure I wasn't at risk! 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is funny and sweet. Not the FIV but your dad calling the CDC.
  • Options
    I have no idea Nebb. Our cats were throw aways and ate and drank from the same bowls so I think that is how ours got them. That is why I won't give them to people b/c I want to monitor them and b/c I am afraid they won't be taken care of like we care for them.
  • Options
    LIke you said, FIV is contagious, so make sure you bleach down your bathroom and sanitize everything before touching your cats. At our vet's office, we even had to wipe our shoes on bleach-soaked towels before leaving the quaranteen room so we didn't trace the virus throughout the office.
  • Options
    Good idea Ses, I def will do that!
  • Options
    I have a grievance! Kodawhateverhername is annoyed me in the Confessions thread. Not because of her confession, but because of the way she handled herself after the confession. And then how she didn't get my anne of green gables reference and instead of just saying she didn't get it she said something about catholic guilt.

So not a real all out grievance, but like a low fat 100 calorie pack grievance. 
  • Options
    Anne was a horrible overdramatic girl. She was way too wordy and if something was upset she was in the "depths of despair". That is the best I can do to explain the correlation I drew between your over the top apologies and the literary character.

• Options
    OMG I don't know Koda at all, but her sig pic is making me laugh in an uncontrollable fashion. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ricks, I can't wait to see pics!

Celles, that was a pretty good explanation.  I'm with you.  There's no harm in giving a concise explanation of what happened. 

• Options
    Ricksang- did you explain to the vet that the kitty was a feral you were caring for?  Perhaps they'd be willing to "donate" their office fee if nothing else.  I second the sentiment that you rock for caring for these cats.  My aunt cared for two ferals in addition to her two and it broke her heart when they found one of them dead one morning.  Kitties and dogs touch your heart in ways that pet lovers just don't understand.  Good on you!!!
  • Options
    That's a good point about the SB/E stuff, Celles.  I guess I didn't think about it that way.  I do like your explanation.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:02bf8682-00d8-48db-ae45-ab344e64d8e4">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a good point about the SB/E stuff, Celles.  I guess I didn't think about it that way.  I do like your explanation.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Ugh, you're such a pushover!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:dc59ab99-7ca3-44b6-9989-19350f1997b9">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Celles I never even knew about the "boardwar" until I read a post on E about me (this was several months ago and can't even recall who said it) which said something like "ugh I wish she would just GO BACK to SB."  Like uh.... okay then!?
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Celles just gave hands-down the best explanation of the boardwar. I posted on both E and SB until I read a few posts like that about me from people I really liked, and just stayed away after that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:d33242d2-f1a4-47c1-bed3-380d7497ccb8">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ricksang- did you explain to the vet that the kitty was a feral you were caring for?  Perhaps they'd be willing to "donate" their office fee if nothing else.  I second the sentiment that you rock for caring for these cats.  My aunt cared for two ferals in addition to her two and it broke her heart when they found one of them dead one morning.  Kitties and dogs touch your heart in ways that pet lovers just don't understand.  Good on you!!!
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

Yeah the vet knows. They still want their money lol. It's actually not as bad as we thought. My H says it's only 425 for everything. That's still a lot but it had to be done. That is sad that one of your aunt's cats died :(

Animals do touch your heart!
  • Options

Ricksang-you got PM (I think)

• Options
    Okay let me go check!  
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Ricks, I just tried to send you one too but I don't think it worked.

Edit:  FML, it did work, twice.  You have 2 PMs!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have a grievance with Sarah#'s from YIO's dog thread. (not really about that thread only, but that thread is what pushed me to the grievance)

I feel like when she comes around lately (which isn't that often) its always with this lengthy post telling us all what the correct answer is, like she is the final authority on the subject.  I get that she is smart, but I feel like she doesn't understand the fact that someone can be just as educated as her and not share the same opinion.

Maybe I notice it more because her and I  are rarely in agreement about things.  It could be that we are so far on the opposite sides of things that we will never really be able to meet in the middle about anything, but I find her very condescending.  Especially when it comes to me.  I have always been respectful of her opinions on things, it would be nice to be given the same courtesy.  There is a way to disagree and not say (without actually saying) "You're stupid".
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    You both have PM s !
  • Options
    The chick in Reception Ideas who wants to do a Hollywood themed award ceremony (that lasts an entire half hour) during her wedding reception just told me I look like Jay Leno's daughter, lol.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:53ceb9cf-9f1d-4b62-97e2-22992dc828e4">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The chick in Reception Ideas who wants to do a Hollywood themed award ceremony (that lasts an entire half hour) during her wedding reception<strong><u> just told me I look like Jay Leno's daughter, lol.
    </u></strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

WHAT??
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Her reception idea is one of the worst I have ever heard. Ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I am seriously laughing my ass off right now.  Between her ridiculous idea, Bec's beer bottle lame asshole award and my evidently enormous chin - I'm in tears trying to muffle my laughter at my desk.
    panther
  • Options
    Holy crap!  Lots to catch up on here.  I never flame people, but can I cross-board flame the 984 posters on WP trying to "fire" members of the wedding party?  Can I?  Damn that was irritating.  I gave up after trying to talk sense for two days.
  • Options
    What happened to the days when weddings didn't have to be a fucking circus?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:d6189690-056c-4bcd-8c7c-349aee7f98dc">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone should give her husband an award for staying married to her for 10 years.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait...she's already married? </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:8dc7ddb8-3559-44ef-96e7-c31a16dccff2">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : Wait...she's already married? 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's their ten year vow renewal reception dinner.
  • Options
    She didn't mention it in her OP but yeah it's their ten year anniversary party.

The entire thing is just so incredibly bizarre.  I halfway think she's a troll.  It just sounds too ridiculous to be remotely close to real.

Then again as Jay Leno's daughter, who am I to make that call?  lol
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards