Snarky Brides
Options

AYG!

Re: AYG!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:095f32f2-1afe-4f7e-a8ca-7df6ccca5aa7">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to wonder wth people are doing that they even FIND those old threads? How far did they click back to find that? Go outside and freaking quit being lame.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Sometimes I assume they just did a search for something and didn't check the date before commenting on it.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:5aa34ae3-9e55-4a30-af4f-51fc961e293b">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : Sometimes I assume they just did a search for something and didn't check the date before commenting on it.
    Posted by Ash2985[/QUOTE]

<div>That's a good point... I've never thought that, because my search has never worked. I just assumed it was broken for everyone.</div><div>
    </div><div>Same reasoning to why I'm always impressed when people can quickly pull up a post they were referencing from a few weeks/months ago.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:d2658631-830e-41d5-9d63-5eb9874d27d7">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : That's a good point... I've never thought that, because my search has never worked. I just assumed it was broken for everyone. Same reasoning to why I'm always impressed when people can quickly pull up a post they were referencing from a few weeks/months ago.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    My search works sometimes.  Most of the time it doesn't.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:d63f8714-7171-4438-8902-17dcc3e3eaf1">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do have a couple. They're not really huge, though. I agree with the idea that Any's sig with Switzerland was just perpetuating the us / them BS. I went back and saw that she didn't create it herself, but I still think it was lame. I also think she's awesome for changing it without getting all butthurt. Also, when AATB went into the intro thread from that newb yesterday and said something about how she would probably name her as her favorite poster because they all do, my eyes rolled. Hard. I really do like AATB, but come on?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I really didn't mean it in a boardwar way whatsoever. I just thought the picture was funny, but I can obviously see how people who WERE here for the boardwar (including the people I originally had the joke with) would have seen and taken it that way. So it wasn't a big deal to change it, cause I mean, I really don't give a sh*t about SB vs. E or the lack thereof. So yeah, no biggie =D

I definitely think the 1ofthesedays thing was overblown, cause I mean, I scarred a kid (literally), threw a chair at another, and junk-kicked another for calling me a slut when I was in 6th grade. I sure wouldn't do any of that now, but we all do dumb stuff as kids. Who cares?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:db5f0418-5ae8-49a0-b1f6-0b73040704c6">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I wasn't flaming 1ofthesedays for what she did when she was 12.  I was pointing out that her story didn't make sense, and it didn't add up, so it seemed quite troll like.  I see a bunch of already mentioned flames that were stolen right out from under my nose, and I raise you this:  I hate when people come here (not AYG, SB in general) and flame people from other boards.  Not so much coming here and saying 'Wow, look at this, this girl is nuts, we let her have it," whatever after you've already said something to them there, but when you don't have the balls to say something to someone on the board they usually post on, so you come here to say it instead, when you know that board has tons of lurkers here (like E), is asinine.  That just brings the drama over here. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I think there might be a jab at me in there, from the thread yesterday. I wasn't trying to "bring the drama over here" and come here to whine or anything I was just answering honestly.  I'm pretty sure I've told her before in FFF that I think she's annoying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm swooping in slightly late (I'm still reading the first page) but I will take full responsibility and/or any grievances and flames for derailing the crose thread last night into burritos and beans.

Crose is annoying as hell to me, but I did feel a little bad since I was a snot to her in another thread, so I just acted like a dumbass to take a little of the attention off of her.

Plus I really was hungry and wanted burritos.  So.  There :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:57e59c96-8644-4857-9342-546a112009c1">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My only one really is that I'm at work today, last day I need to be here before Christmas, and I don't want to do anything.  Anytime anyone talks to me I feel annoyed.  I can't wait to be at home :-)
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

Cosigned,
    Me.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:36243918-b55a-4623-958b-5b56390d1ecf">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! :<strong> I think there might be a jab at me in there, from the thread yesterday.</strong> I wasn't trying to "bring the drama over here" and come here to whine or anything I was just answering honestly.  I'm pretty sure I've told her before in FFF that I think she's annoying.
    Posted by MVJP10[/QUOTE]
    You think?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:8258bb59-a362-46ec-bd8a-5505f12157a2">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : oh, I hope not!  I have no problem with my flame(s), and I doubt AATB would either. Do I need to find something to flame you for, MM?  Like NEVER BEING AROUND ANYMORE?  P.S. we miss you.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

......And now I'm here at this point and no, I have no problems with any of my grievances or flames either :)
    panther
  • Options
    Where the hell did everyone go?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Honestly, it scares me how many of you were so violent as children, and the fact that you're proud enough of it to post about it here.  I'd think that's not something you'd want the whole world to know, especially if you've changed since.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:95663106-d887-4a09-9e83-69cff095041f">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where the hell did everyone go?

...Early lunch?  Taking off for Festivus early?
    panther
  • Options
    I killed a man with a trident once.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:d04c09cc-7d19-4943-b1f0-74a7a342fa09">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I killed a man with a trident once.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    I've been meaning to talk to you about that.  You may want to lay low for a while.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah cew I've been meaning to talk to you about that... I think you should leave town.

ETA - Dammit, B! :)
    panther
  • Options
    Sometimes I think old threads get brought up because they become listed in the Knot weekly newsletter and a bunch of new people click on them and start posting.  At least that's the rumor I hear, as I do not get the Knot newsletter.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:95663106-d887-4a09-9e83-69cff095041f">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where the hell did everyone go?

<div>I wonder if people have off this week?  I agree though... it's quiet today.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:8524458c-12fe-44a4-aeb6-ba5257884ba1">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I think old threads get brought up because they become listed in the Knot weekly newsletter and a bunch of new people click on them and start posting.  At least that's the rumor I hear, as I do not get the Knot newsletter.
    I've seen threads that are over 6 months old be resurrected.  I highly doubt the knot newsletter is sending out links to 6 month old threads.  For the ones that are only a week or so old, I could see this.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I'm here... but the only beef I have is that I have a 6:30 appointment today.  Otherwise I would be at home in my jammies, drinking coffee and watching TV.
  • Options
    I'm here, I just don't have any grievances and I don't feel like making any up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:8524458c-12fe-44a4-aeb6-ba5257884ba1">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I think old threads get brought up because they become listed in the Knot weekly newsletter and a bunch of new people click on them and start posting.  At least that's the rumor I hear, as I do not get the Knot newsletter.

Yeah, not the case with threads started by trolls or random NWR threads.  So more the case on E than here. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Not a grievance per se but I really wish gottagetyou would come back, holy freaking awesome troll/AE. I nearly died when I saw the tree kitty sig she made.
  • Options
    Christmas is sucking my money away and even though we don't have large quantities of it, what with the wedding and me being unemployed for half of the year, it makes me really really sad that I can't afford to get people (especially Noodle) really nice gifts this year.  I had all these big ideas in my head, like a spa day for my mom and a nice new suitcase set for Noodle and crap, but it's just not going to happen and it makes me feel like crap.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:fe64372f-87b8-4adc-811c-fa65095211a9">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : I've seen threads that are over 6 months old be resurrected.  I highly doubt the knot newsletter is sending out links to 6 month old threads.  For the ones that are only a week or so old, I could see this.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Ah.  Ya, that's pretty weird. 
  • Options
    I'm here, trying to convince my boss to let me have tomorrow off. Besides the fact that my mind just isn't into work this week, I'm still having bad toe pains and now my tooth is acting up (but it has to wait, I go to the dentist soon). I have serious grievances with my body and just don't want to be here at work.
  • Options
    There was one yesterday on E that had Megan, and 2 or 3 other people in it, and it really confused me until I realized it was a thread started in MARCH.

I think most of my grievances have been aired, other than I'm at work and there are a whopping 3 departmental people here. And the two days I have off, will be filled with a snowstorm. I'll have to be out running errands the worst day, since that's also payday.  I guess that's my lameass grievance.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Nugget, I feel you on that one.

I still haven't gotten my mom anything. I have to figure that out today. UGH! We are still getting back on our feet after the wedding and honeymoon and having spent that much money (which we had, but still) in that small amount of time still freaks me out and I want to hold on to every penny we have. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nuggs your post makes me sad :(

I don't really have any grievances either.  Work is painfully boring, as pretty much any contact I have for stories is gone for the holidays already.  Almost all of the media around here want to talk about is how Josh Duhamel is spending Christmas in Fargo.  Really?  Who givesashit. 

I wish I could have stayed in bed today.
    panther
  • Options
    Sarah- I'm like that too.  All of my bills are set up right at the beginning of the month- within 2 or 3 days.  After I see nearly $2000 go out the window within that small amount of time, I get really anxious about spending any more money even when I have it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And how will you be able to tell it's him under all the bundling?

Nugget, I'm right with you for some reason this month. We're scraping by. Probably won't be better until February.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards