Snarky Brides
Options

AYG!

Re: AYG!

• Options
    And, Crose just earned point with me. She took it, and got over it. I like that in a girl.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:c10cb993-e536-42ef-9398-cc9292b4f664">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, here is my opinion on the Kiki thing. She lurks. I KNOW she does and she likes to take stabs at this board a lot. So, I think it's okay if MVP or whatever said something because Kiki does the same damn thing and she is a tool. (I know I know we should be better than that! :P ) She is a follower. She is a shitstarter. I would usually agree with going to the person's board and saying something to them directly but Kiki does this often so why can't we? Also, Kiki is a well liked E'er so I can understand a new person not going on her own to the E board and flaming Kiki. It would be a pile on.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

My flame wasn't just for MVPJ or whoever.  It seems to happen a lot.  Like talking about EmilyinChile's thread in last week's AYG.  If you think it's dumb, cool.  Whatever.  But if you feel the need tos ay it, go over there and say it.  Or say it somewhere where people won't see you.  That's all.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    ricks - I think you said it better than I ever could.

B - have fun at your office party!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:7ed2f59f-4a87-4631-b079-46e4e0ad83e2">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm AMG against not knowing anything about the E vs SB drama.  Is it worth knowing?  If not, it seems to be brought up frequently.  Will it help me understand why some of the things SB newbs post irk the regs? How long does it take before you are no longer thought of as a May 2011 newb and are actaually a reg?  HOW LONG BEFORE I FINALLY HAVE DONE ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU ALL LOVE ME?!?!?!?!  Obviously, I'm just being obnoxious.  But there's some truth in wondering what the heck all the E vs SB drama was about.  I didn't even know there was a great divide between the two boards.  Or is there not?  I'm confused.... halp? 
    Posted by msteph82[/QUOTE]

Well, first you'll need a sig pic. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:7ed2f59f-4a87-4631-b079-46e4e0ad83e2">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm AMG against not knowing anything about the E vs SB drama.  Is it worth knowing?  If not, it seems to be brought up frequently.  Will it help me understand why some of the things SB newbs post irk the regs? How long does it take before you are no longer thought of as a May 2011 newb and are actaually a reg?  HOW LONG BEFORE I FINALLY HAVE DONE ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU ALL LOVE ME?!?!?!?!  Obviously, I'm just being obnoxious.  But there's some truth in wondering what the heck all the E vs SB drama was about.  I didn't even know there was a great divide between the two boards.  Or is there not?  I'm confused.... halp? 
    Posted by msteph82[/QUOTE]

No.  Let it go.  If you weren't around for it, it's not worth dredging up.  Most of us have fought long and hard to keep it all from being brought up over and over, and it's really getting to the stage where it hopefully stays mostly dead and I like it that way.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:70776027-e380-44e8-99b6-d5c9c85d9350">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : This is also a P&R, because I have thigns I need to get done, and while I definitely see what you're saying, I see it differently.  B says the things she feels she needs to say in the relevent threads, and then moves on with her life.  She doesn't harp on it.    And I don't really think it's fair to blame her for the 1of stuff because I was the main perpetuator there, and like I said, I felt like I was just pointing out where her story didn't add up because that was weird to me. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Bullshit! You can't leave damnit!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:9b711f24-c30d-4db4-a450-604bb4598dcc">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : My flame wasn't just for MVPJ or whoever.  It seems to happen a lot.  Like talking about EmilyinChile's thread in last week's AYG.  If you think it's dumb, cool.  Whatever.  But if you feel the need tos ay it, go over there and say it.  Or say it somewhere where people won't see you.  That's all.

Yeah if it's for anyone else I agree to go to their board :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:23ea79d6-8f8e-4857-bced-3cf18bd6b8d1">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : I didn't see either of my callouts as forced drama.  Both of those callouts had real reasons for calling someone out behind them.  But if you think it;'s hypocritical, that's cool.  There's a definite difference between what I said and starting a whole new thread to manufacture drama.  And to clarify, I'm not sorry for flaming Crose for what I flamed her for.  I'm sorry that my flame seemed to give others the go ahead to pile on. And now I'm out for the office party.  Have fun, ladies.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]
    FUCKYOU BOTH JK abd B for leaving!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:5527516d-a22e-47b5-9a8c-217bd593ace4">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : FUCKYOU BOTH JK abd B for leaving!

Wow...so angry!  I'm sure I'll be back later on.  I just have to go get my grocery shopping done before it gets too crazy.  I still love you, Ang! 

• Options
    I've also got to say that with B, she says what she thinks and then moves on.

I think a lot of new posters don't realize this. I sure didn't. And the first time B said something about me I thought "She's going to hate me forever!"
  • Options
    LOL @ jasmineh - I'll get right on that.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:9c141243-d51d-426d-ade2-3bbbb8d25131">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : Wow...so angry!  I'm sure I'll be back later on.  I just have to go get my grocery shopping done before it gets too crazy.  I still love you, Ang! 

I love you to but not for leaving me :P Be careful in the snow.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:2e24a5ca-1d81-453b-a1c0-8344ad1c5337">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've gotta say that <strong>I wasn't shocked and appalled by YI's hammer-throwing.</strong> (Best sentence ever.) However, I do think she wanted people to ask about the story. But really, dude KILLED her cat. I am more worried about the stability of the dude that killed her poor cat than the 12 year old getting pissed and reacting. And I really want Renee to change her sig pic. That is all.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I thought it was 1ofThoseDays not YIO who had the hammer story?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:19b94f7f-2ce3-4cfd-9333-5afabf47740b">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : I thought it was 1ofThoseDays not YIO who had the hammer story?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

It was. Silly Jas.
  • Options
    One more thing before I go.

I'm just baffled that everyone gets so up in arms about someone being called out for saying something that is a huge attention getter, and then the follow up not making any sense whatsoever, but some of those same people don't see a problem with continuing to dogpile on a relatively new poster who's done nothing wrong--sure maybe she's not the most exciting poster in the world and she posted a lot, but seriously?  That's worse than someone saying something pretty ludicrous that didn't make sense and getting called out on it, and then moving on?   Not really sure how that's any different than Kat Eyes saying she was a drug mule and people freaking out over that.  It just doesn't compute to me.

And with that, I am seriously moving along with my day. 

• Options
    Apparently, I wasn't even phased enough to get the name right. :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:19b94f7f-2ce3-4cfd-9333-5afabf47740b">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : I thought it was 1ofThoseDays not YIO who had the hammer story?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

I finally got all caught up on this thread and was seriously confused. Ya, I never threw a hammer at anyone. I was wondering where that came from. I don't know 1of so I can't say if it was her or not.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I still think that sweeping the old "boardwar" stuff under the proverbial rug (and refusing to explain it to confused newbs) gives it a power and mystique it just doesn't deserve.

Missie -- It's lame.  A few former E regs relocated to SB (which was a digital wasteland at the time) and built a new community here, apart from E.  Some E regs were hurt by what they perceived as a "defection," and insults were hurled across both boards.  Basically, the "boardwar" was initiated by a handful of people on each side and perpetuated by whole lot of interested but otherwise uninvolved drama-mongers.  Any real animosity that still exists is limited to a very small number of posters; most of us just don't care. 

From a purely objective standpoint, it is interesting how both boards deal with the aftermath.  In general, E makes fun of the "boardwar" and SB is largely hush-hush about it.  That's why Any's Switzerland signature was laughed at on E and side-eyed on SB.  *shrug*
  • Options
    Good explanation Celles!
  • Options
    Thanks Ricks!  :)

How is your kitty doing today? 
  • Options
    Celles I never even knew about the "boardwar" until I read a post on E about me (this was several months ago and can't even recall who said it) which said something like "ugh I wish she would just GO BACK to SB."  Like uh.... okay then!?
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:be4af77d-ffce-4186-9a11-0af5af32f257">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Ricks!  :) How is your kitty doing today? 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking! The vet said he s doing well. His jaw was broken in two spots- split in the middle of the "chin" and on the sides. He had surgery the day my H  brought him to the vet. His face is swollen so they are keeping an eye on him and I go get him tomorrow. I am going to go see him today b/c the vet says he is scared. I don't want him to think we abandoned him <------ my crazy might be showing here but I think animals have feelings lol.

I will PIP tomorrow if anyone wants to see him?
  • Options
    I wasn't appalled by the hammer throwing, but I was a dense 12yo with no understanding of consequences.
    At 12-13, I smoked my first cigarette and tried pot.  I'd like to go back in time and slap my 12yo self.

I'll jump on the AYG for the girl that stuck her tail between her legs and blogged fussing about SBs attitude towards her when she came in advertsing her blog.
    Duh, we don't like spam.
    If you call your SO your finance, we get to make fun of you. Come back with a Homer 'Doh' and all is well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Aw poor kitty ricks :( But glad to hear he is better and you can take him home tomorrow.  PIP definitely!
    panther
  • Options
    Okay AAB, I will!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f96992ed-1b2b-4599-b55d-46027e3139d3Post:d20b074d-399b-48ce-acec-f5c2d87095c7">Re: AYG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG! : Thanks for asking! The vet said he s doing well. His jaw was broken in two spots- split in the middle of the "chin" and on the sides. He had surgery the day my H  brought him to the vet. His face is swollen so they are keeping an eye on him and I go get him tomorrow. I am going to go see him today b/c the vet says he is scared. I don't want him to think we abandoned him <------ my crazy might be showing here but I think animals have feelings lol. I will PIP tomorrow if anyone wants to see him?

That poor thing. Definitely PIP.
  • Options
    Animals definitely have feelings! 

I'm happy to hear he's doing well.  :)  He is very lucky he has you two looking out for him.  So many people wouldn't pay for a $500 surgery for their own pets, let alone the stray cat who hangs out in their garage.  You guys rock.
  • Options
    TY. He's a very sweet cat. If he didn't have feline AIDS we'd make him an inside cat but we have four inside cats that are not infected. We are setting up our spare bathroom for him until he heals. I think I might have to hand feed him but I am not sure yet.
  • Options
    Sorry what, feline aids???
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    FIV.  It's the feline version of HIV and is not transmittable to humans. 

I know this because I fostered an FIV+ cat once, before I had cats of my own, and my dad freaked the hell out when I tried to explain it.  He actually called the CDC to make sure I wasn't at risk! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards