Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

phrases gone wrong.

Re: phrases gone wrong.

• Options
    Or to him...

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    it's a moo point. cause it's like a cow's opinion. it doesn't matter. it's moo.
  • Options
    Oooh, tlv, I hate must of and could of, etc, too!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Ha, one of my favorite parts of Friends was when Joey calls it a "moo point." Then explains it by saying "it's a cow's opinion, so it doesn't matter, it's moo."  And Rachel says, "Have I been living with Joey for too long or does that actually make sense?"I watch Friends a lot.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    it's a moo point. cause it's like a cow's opinion. it doesn't matter. it's moo.That's what I thought of also, heh
  • Options
    I see this a lot on the boards where people say, "would a been" instead of "would have been"Ah, the deterioration of our language!
  • Options
    Boo I'm slow.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Too often I see it spelled "mute point."And I'm really not so sure if they know what they're trying to say.

• Options
    Fishy sucks is another one. I mean, sucks and awesome are pretty close, so I can see how it gets misconstrued, but yeah.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Mind-bottling is from that Will Ferrell movie, Blades of Glory with Jon Heder.
  • Options
    Because of Rick Springfield, I learned moot at a very young age.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    TLV - My dad said "irregardless" the other day and I was all like NOOOOoooooo.....
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    What? Brazil is next to Spain? When did it move? Are they now on the same continent? I hate that my 33 year old coworker who writes congradulations instead of congratulations all the time.  he thinks since you say it to Graduates, its has grad in the middle.
  • Options
    Since we see so many of these mistakes on the boards, do you guys ever wonder if the people who make those mistakes read posts like this and get embarrassed?  Are we making a difference anywhere?   Maybe this is the new way to teach grammar.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Lady at work: "mines" instead of "mine" College Professor: "unavaidable" instead of "unavailable" I hate when people say "adver-tiss-ment" when they are from GA. You're not British!!   My husband gets phrases wrong ALL THE TIME, but it's cute when he does it.
  • Options
    the monkey's out of the bottle.that's not even an expression!
  • Options
    [i]Mind-bottling is from that Will Ferrell movie, Blades of Glory with Jon Heder. [/i] Sadly I don't know that FI has ever seen that movie. At least that would explain things.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My godmother says "fustrating," which I find very frustrating. Oh, and back when I had to take a medical terminology class, the instructor kept saying "congenial" instead of "congenital".  I constantly asked her about it, and she kept claiming she pronounced it differently due to regional differences.  Lady, we're from the same place, and the flipping 't' is NOT silent!!
  • Options
    I did have a girl who was a year behind me in HS message me on FB shortly after we moved here to say "Wow, you're in Italy, huh? At least you're on the same continent as my husband!"He was in Iraq.
  • Options
    I know some people who take things for granite.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In high school, my mother caught me fighting with my best guy friend in the back yard.  We were throwing punches and just generally being idiots. My mother yelled at us to stop and then announced:"It's all fun and games until someone loses a hymen."I almost peed myself laughing and she was serious.
  • Options
    I also hate when people say "wind shield" instead of "wind chill." I don't even know where wind shield came from. It doesn't make sense.My windshield is on the front of my car, up near the top. It's clear so I can see through it to drive.
  • Options
    Oh!  And I like to study at the liberry.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    OH! and I hate when people say they did a "total 360."
  • Options
    I did have a girl who was a year behind me in HS message me on FB shortly after we moved here to say "Wow, you're in Italy, huh? At least you're on the same continent as my husband!"He was in Iraq.HA!!  That's so awesome.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    FeBOOary. Conscience vs. Conscious

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Yeah, my current boss says "irregardless."  People say "cut and dry" a lot, but it's really "cut and dried."  I thought it was the "dry" too until I saw it written somewhere. 
  • Options
    OH! and I hate when people say they did a "total 360."You spin me right round babyright roundlike a record baby

• Options
    Ha, thank you for that Georgia.  I know what a windshield is ;)I meant how wind chill developed into wind shield for so many people thankyouverymuch!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    My grandma can't pronounce certain words.  It's the "valcum" cleaner, and the "Bill Crosby" show.  And she always calls them "cellamaphones".Noodle pronounces double T sounds as double D sounds.  So "buttons" becomes "buddons", and "Daytons" becomes "Daydons".

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards