Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saturday Morning!

Good Morning ladies!! I have been so mia lately. Work has been a complete clusterfvck (can we say fvck yet? LC get on that shiit). 

I am up butt early as we have a 5k today. my very first! I am beyond nervous. Dreamt that we had to do an obstacle course in my dream and that we weren't given numbers and no one recorded my time. At least I wasn't naked?

Anything fun going on this weekend? Anyone getting married? Anyone getting knocked up?

Re: Saturday Morning!

• Options
    Hello. I'm ususally sleeping now. I'm not a fan of being awake haha. Gool luck on your 5k - I hope you have a good time.

I think Muni is getting married tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Morning Rosie, enjoy your first 5K, I miss being able to run.  My biggest mistakes in my first several races was going out to fast in the first mile.  Save some of your energy for the last mile.  Enjoy and have a blast!  And remember to run down the chute at the finish line so that they do record your time.

Mari also gets married today.  As for the knocked up part the not sure but certainly not me I am so past that shiiit.  My daughter turns 21 tomorrow so we are headed back to our hometown to celebrate with family and friends.  I volunteered to pull twin duty tonight so my niece (their momma) can get some sleep (3 month old twins, boy and girl). 
  • Options
    I forgot Mari was getting married today as well. Awesome.

Happy birthday to your daughter Ski! I was in England when I turned 21 which was kind of a bummer because I could already drink. Not nearly as fun, KWIM? And also, it's very sweet of you to let your niece get some sleep. I'm sure she really appreciates it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:7f5664ae-4410-49e9-850e-512b1a8d7845">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning Rosie, enjoy your first 5K, I miss being able to run.  My biggest mistakes in my first several races was going out to fast in the first mile.  Save some of your energy for the last mile.  Enjoy and have a blast!  And remember to run down the chute at the finish line so that they do record your time. Mari also gets married today.  As for the knocked up part the not sure but certainly not me I am so past that shiiit.  My daughter turns 21 tomorrow so we are headed back to our hometown to celebrate with family and friends.  I volunteered to pull twin duty tonight so my niece (their momma) can get some sleep (3 month old twins, boy and girl). 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>H keeps stressing that I need to keep my own pace and forget about everyone else. That is going to be my hardest thing. Thank you for the well wishes and the tips!</div><div>
    </div><div>Happy birthday to ski's little girl!</div>
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Believe what he says Rosie, it is the hardest part about running a race.  He is a wise man. 

Are you whipping your business into shape in your new position?

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my daughter.  Seems like just yesterday they handed her to me as a bald baby girl.  Crazy stuff.
  • Options
    Well heya! It's afternoon here, and I'm in the middle of catching up on the shows from the past week. It's my weekend tradition. :) Thrilling, I know.

Good luck on your race Rosie!! I'm impressed that anyone can do that stuff.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:794c554a-fb6d-4061-b321-b24971bd1ff6">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Believe what he says Rosie, it is the hardest part about running a race.  He is a wise man.  Are you whipping your business into shape in your new position? Thanks for the birthday wishes for my daughter.  Seems like just yesterday they handed her to me as a bald baby girl.  Crazy stuff.
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>Well currently I am still holding down my old duties while we prepare for a really big event that starts in two weeks (holy balls). So once that passes then I will fully step into my new role. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>AND it appears we will get to go meet H's new baby second cousin that was born monday morning. I am super duper excited just packed up our gifts and I can't wait. He was a surprise (to us) so its been so exciting 1) finding out she was pregnant and then 2) finding out she was in labor. </div>
  • Options
    Morning! We're about to start setting the baby shower up. My best friend is knocked up again. Have fun on your run Rosie!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Good morning!

Happy wedding weekend, Mari and MUN1!  And happy birthday weekend, ski's daughter!

I'm gardening and trying to get the pool swim ready this weeked.  And making shortcakes for individual choose-your-topping desserts for Mother's Day brunch tomorrow.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Oh, and happy race day to the Rosies.
  • Options
    Morning, everyone! Good luck with your race, Rosie!

I'm so excited to see Mari and Muni's wedding pics.
  • Options
    Morning. H and I are at my mom's. We'are leaving soon for a local high school - I'm a vendor in the county's annual literacy fair. This is my second time, so I'm hoping to see some people who were there last year who are looking forward to my sequel. And, this is one of the few events H has been able to go to with me so I'm excited to spend the day with him.

Then we're going to my dad's to hang in the pool and grill out. I haven't seen my dad in awhile so it will be fun.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:573e74ee-4634-45ad-925f-af2ccdc31fba">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. H and I are at my mom's. We'are leaving soon for a local high school - I'm a vendor in the county's annual literacy fair. This is my second time, so I'm hoping to see some people who were there last year who are looking forward to my sequel. And, this is one of the few events H has been able to go to with me so I'm excited to spend the day with him. Then we're going to my dad's to hang in the pool and grill out. I haven't seen my dad in awhile so it will be fun.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Books, a pool, and grilling - sounds like the perfect day. Good luck selling your sequel!

I'm on the train to Chicago right now. We're looking at some apartments. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    Morning ladies!  I just got up and am about to have some coffee.  H is still sleeping, of course.  We saw The Avengers last night and I thought it was meh, which is pretty much what I expected.  It's the kind of movie that I can see why other people like it, but just not for me.  This afternoon I'm going to go see my friends' new house that they just bought and are working on.  Tomorrow MIL and SIL/boyfriend/daughter are coming over here for lunch.  I'm sorta glad we're not the ones doing the driving this time :)  We're planning on grilling out but the weather's supposed to be be pretty bad, so we'll see.

We had our pool opened this week but the heater is broken (again, and probably for the last time) so I am guessing it will be quite awhile before it's swimmable.  Also, I made the mistake of looking at the water up close before it had been cleaned, and there were all kinds of creepy crawlies in there - which kinda makes me not really want to swim in it anyway!  Hopefully I get over my aversion.
  • Options
    Morning. I'm getting married in a week :] but I still have a cold :[

Good luck on your 5K Rosie!
  • Options
    Oh! and tonight is my bachelorette party! I don't know anything about it other than we're going to dinner at 8. I'm excited. 
  • Options
    Morning. The dog and cat are all set to go to their resort next week. Cooper had to get a shot, and the cat knows something is going on. I think we need to go buy H a new suit jacket today. He says he has one, but if he does, I bet it doesn't fit.
  • Options
    Morning. I'm hungover. I drank way too much last night trying to deal with my grandma being back in town. We have a fundraiser tonight and then a busy day tomorrow for Mothers Day.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Have fun at your bachelorette party, aleigh!

Special, are you going somewhere?  Do tell.
  • Options
    Rosie, have a wonderful time on your run. Aleigh, have fun tonight! Mics, are you still making the blueberry nectarine stuff?
  • Options
    Woah I'm gold. Pretty sure TK added posts or something. I don't think I was that close.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:ec939291-b392-4eef-9e92-2e1a70a469ba">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have fun at your bachelorette party, aleigh! Special, are you going somewhere?  Do tell.
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

My grandmother's funeral. We don't have an exact date yet, but it'll probably be Thursday or Friday.
  • Options
    Barrel, I think the medals are all screwed up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:0bb109c1-aadc-422f-a8e9-3b5c109af266">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Barrel, I think the medals are all screwed up.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

Stupid TK.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:64c5ca52-26d5-428c-ad28-f91b45f7ed74">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning! : My grandmother's funeral. We don't have an exact date yet, but it'll probably be Thursday or Friday.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm sorry :(  Not a fun vacation like I was thinking.
  • Options
    The medals are based off the first poster on a page. Since Rosie is gold, so is everyone else. If a newb posts at the top of the next page, everyone on that page will be a newb.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    The badges still don't work.  IT is having more problems than they'd thought.

Special -- I'm going shopping today, and the toppings will be determined based on the produce that looks good.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:a87456b1-114c-478c-8e45-1e81a626d596">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning! : Oh, I'm sorry :(  Not a fun vacation like I was thinking.
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

Nope. That was scheduled for next month. We were going to go see her. We can't change our tickets yet, so I feel stuck, like I'm supposed to be doing something, but can't.

I had just started making a shawl to give her. I'm going to finish it and wear it, so that is keeping me occupied.
  • Options
    Special, I'm sorry for your loss. :(
  • Options
    Morning.

We off to get Chef D from the vet.   Poor guy.  I hope he doesn't need the cone ( he couldn't get to that end anyway).  

Boo/Yay - we were suppose to go to a Kenny chesney concert tonight, but DH now has to work  (it was written in some banquet contract DH must present himself at 10pm).    Boo.   But  we have been invited to a Dave Matthews concert in Houston on Friday and we get to see our good friends.  So I guess it's true, when one door closes another opens.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards