Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saturday Morning!

Re: Saturday Morning!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:b3c1a135-ea48-45fd-9930-cfb5a7965c4d">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The badges still don't work.  I<strong>T is having more problems than they'd thought.</strong> Special -- I'm going shopping today, and the toppings will be determined based on the produce that looks good.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

This made me LOL for real.  Way more than it should have.

Morning!  Sorry Special :(

H is working until 12, I'm about to go get a new phone (thank you baby Jesus), and then I plan to come home and get my closet in order (everything is still in bags and hampers and on the floor), and then if I have time, I'm going to work on my puzzle (I'm really cranking on it.  H was watching me the other night and was amazed at the way I could pull a piece out and know exactly where it went just by looking at it).  When H gets home we're heading up to the cities for minigolf and dinner at the Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary! 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Our anniversary was Monday.  You're late.  Better luck next year!

I would say you could come do my puzzle with me, but I'm a really controlling puzzle putter togetherer, and you'd probably hate me after 5 minutes.

And that's a terrible idea.  TERRIBLE.  WTF boss?

• Options
    What kind of puzzle, J?
  • Options
    A jigsaw puzzle.  1000 pieces.  It's pretty.  It's got cows and a covered bridge and a barn and a purple sky, and a river.  And a horse.  Can't forget the horse.  When I'm done with this one, I have a Yosemite puzzle to do. I'm excited.  I love my puzzles.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:899680d6-ab92-4ed2-baff-cf076e6bc1db">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I told FI that I want a puzzle and he laughed at me.  I think he underestimates my skillz.  Please tell me why my boss thinks that it's a good idea to bring his 11 year old son to work.  This store is the size of a shuttle bus.  OH, I got new furniture yesterday!  Well, new to me.  <strong>We are the proud owners of FI's great grandmother's china closet and buffet</strong>.  I'm so jazzed about this. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY J AND K. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>My dad has already said that when he and my mom die (or move someplace they don't have room for it), I will be inheriting my great grandparents' turn-of-the-century dining set, buffet, and flat-top Victrola.</div>
  • Options
    Good morning.  We are unloaded, and partly unpacked.  We got the bedroom, bathroom and closet pretty much set yesterday.  We also got the furniture arranged in the living room, not sure if we'll add a bookshelf in here or leave it as is, and we started unpacking and trying to organize the kitchen.  Our apartment has so many boxes in it, it's rediculous.  What were we thinking downsizing to a 2 bedroom apartment to save $$ for a year.  And I agreed to it, knowing I was pregnant and would have a fruit loop within that year.  Clearly, I'm insane.

Congrats Muni & Mari.  I hope your days are beautiful.
  • Options
    I figured it was a jigsaw. Did you find one that didn't cost a small fortune? There's a puzzle store in my hometown, devoted entirely to jigsaws, and we're in the market for a new one.
  • Options
    I love jigsaw puzzles.  J&K - the best one we ever did was one that looked like somoene took a box of watch pieces (gears and faces and whatzits etc) and dumped it out somewhere.  And the pieces were oddly shaped, so a space could have one big piece to fill it up or two or three smaller pieces - you didn't know.  Oh, and it was my mom's when she was younger and they didn't keep the box so we had to picture to reference.  We puzzle glued that biitch together when we finally finished with it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:daa79ad0-3f13-4bce-a256-db0309a96971">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I figured it was a jigsaw. Did you find one that didn't cost a small fortune? There's a puzzle store in my hometown, devoted entirely to jigsaws, and we're in the market for a new one.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I WOULD DIE IN THAT PLACE.  The one I'm doing now was on sale for like $5 at Target (I wasn't crazy about the picture, but dude, a $5 puzzle!), and the Yosemite one Steph found for me on Amazon for about $15, so not bad at all! 

Loopy, that sounds like an excellent challenge.  I totally would have glued it too!

• Options
    CFM102012CFM102012 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Have you ever done the puzzles that has a mystery with it?  You get a little booklet with the story and you have to solve the mystery by putting the puzzle together. Obviously there's no reference picture.  I did one once with FI's family (he was just bf then though).  The hardest part was that it was set in England and the clue that told whodunit was having the term "lawyer" in a letter on the victim's desk. None of us knew they call them "Solicitors" over there.  We had to cheat and look in the booket for the answer because we couldn't figure it out.  Despite that it was a lot of fun.

I would love to put a puzzle together but my little fuzzy monster would have a field day with the pieces.  How do you all combat that?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love puzzles so much. J&K has inspired me to buy some when we get home tomorrow. Happy anniversary, btw. I love Melting Pot. :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry, Eagles. So sorry.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:cb0c5acb-b523-4611-bc12-908cc211bde6">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever done the puzzles that has a mystery with it?  You get a little booklet with the story and you have to solve the mystery by putting the puzzle together. Obviously there's no reference picture.  I did one once with FI's family (he was just bf then though).  The hardest part was that it was set in England and the clue that told whodunit was having the term "lawyer" in a letter on the victim's desk. None of us knew they call them "Solicitors" over there.  We had to cheat and look in the booket for the answer because we couldn't figure it out.  Despite that it was a lot of fun. I would love to put a puzzle together but my little fuzzy monster would have a field day with the pieces.  How do you all combat that?
    Posted by CFM102012[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!  This sounds awesome.  I need to find one of these, stat.

My cat likes to try to eat puzzle pieces, or at least knock them off my puzzle table.  I keep my puzzle in my office, with the door closed when I'm not in there. 

• Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Hey there. We dropped my car off at the dealership this morning. Yay for new tires and maintenance work. Boo for shelling out the dough to get it done.

Since we had nothing else planned today we're watching all of the movies that lead up to The Avengers, then we'll eventually go see that one. In other words we're being lazy as fvck today.

Rosie good luck on the race. Although you're probably done by now.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    Oh yuck Eagles.
  • Options
    Dude.  Not cool, Eagles.  Not cool.

Thanks Wrig!

• Options
    MK, vehicle maintenance is the worst.  H just took his Blazer in (it's our 3rd vehicle, so it's H's winter car, or when we need to tow something or do something dirty (like we'll take it to Warrior Dash))... thinking he just needed new brake pads and a patch on his coolant line... $800 later....  FUUCK. 

• Options
    Ooohh....SOMEONE just sent me a link to an awesome puzzle place, and it has these mystery puzzles you speak of!  I'm excited.

• Options
    AND I LIKE TO TALK TO MYSELF.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    That sucks, MK. At least it'll be in good working order. 

CFM, my cat is defective. He's not really interested in batting around the puzzle pieces. He just wants to lay on top of the puzzle while we put it together. He's a fatty, so I've had to reach under his folds of furry kitty flubber to find an errant piece.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:62d2b8af-43b2-40ff-ba5e-0ff39696dfec">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooohh....SOMEONE just sent me a link to an awesome puzzle place, and it has these mystery puzzles you speak of!  I'm excited.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>SOMEONE is an awesome person.</div>
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:b401137d-8eaa-4140-b881-e75eb58553e1">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning! : My dad has already said that when he and my mom die (or move someplace they don't have room for it),<strong> I will be inheriting my great grandparents' turn-of-the-century dining set, buffet, and flat-top Victrola</strong>.

(Ugh. I hate the mobile site. I'm so far behind.)

That sounds gorgeous, especially the Victrola. Damn. I was supposed to get my grandmother's art deco dining table, buffet, and china cabinet, but then I took the job in Chicago and had to cancel that plan. There's no way it will fit in the apartments we're looking at.
  • Options
    J&K, I found this for you 

They've got good selection.  I looks like all of their puzzles are made by Bepuzzled. I'm sure if you looked the company up you might find more.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:f6758df1-47fc-400d-9d7d-8790110185ed">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning! : SOMEONE is an awesome person.

WAIT, HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO IT IS?!  ;)

• Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    It'll be about $1300 for new tires, allignment, and 60k mile maintenance. I love my Scion, but the tires are fucking expensive and only Dunlop and Michelin make the ones that fit my car.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    JK you can make your own picture puzzles too.
  • Options
    Fuuck.. who wants to come unpack and organize my house for me?  I gotta get going.  Blergh.  Hopefully I'll be back around later!  Have great days everyone!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:17fba649-cefd-4192-acbd-ed290e7134eePost:05a01366-e3fc-4151-9267-0c6abd4cd6bc">Re: Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Morning! :<strong> (Ugh. I hate the mobile site. I'm so far behind.) </strong>That sounds gorgeous, especially the Victrola. Damn. I was supposed to get my grandmother's art deco dining table, buffet, and china cabinet, but then I took the job in Chicago and had to cancel that plan. There's no way it will fit in the apartments we're looking at.
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]
    ITA. <div>
    </div><div>It's a PITA.</div>
  • Options
    MK, FI drives a Scion and he always biitches about how expensive the tires are.. and he's actually had a lot of problems with his tires lately. I told him he should stop trying to get them fixed and just figure out a way to shell out for a new set.

Morning ladies. I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing today... probably not much of anything. Catching up on sleep sounds like a pretty good idea. I haven't slept very well the last few nights, so I definitely see a lazy day and a nap in my future
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GAH STUPID KNOT ATE MY POST.

Do you have a tC, MK?  Is it a newer or older one?  I loved the older ones.  So cute.

How do I make my own picture puzzle?  That sounds like great fun.

I will be back later to read these answers, for now I must go purchase a phone that isn't a piece of shiit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards