Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is there a Saturday chat thread?

Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:2ddaa6c3-472a-4706-9429-fedbddfa6ba0">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my Macbook Pro. I've gotten through a 10 hour work day without charging it before, but I also don't use it the whole time since I have to actually be a nanny sometimes, ha. But the battery life is soo much better than my old HP.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I won't do it!! lol</div>
  • Options
    I have the old Macbook. It's dying but it's 4 years old and I use it constantly. It's been a slow death so I'm hoping it'll make it a few more months. If you're wondering, it's replacement will be another Mac. 
  • Options
    FI got his Macbook stolen at school, which was awesome. Luckily his mom lent him her laptop for the rest of the semester, but he'll need a new computer when he moves out. I'm kind of territorial with mine, I don't want to share, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a sharer with my computer either Angel. But that's probably because I'm always on it.
  • Options
    Mine is slowly dying too, Aryn. Thats why I never use it. hah. 

We share all of our computers, but I guess it doesn't bother me. We have a million ways to use the internet so we're never fighting for the computer. We have the macbook (which never really is used), macbook pro, iMac desktop, and the iPad 2. Plus both of our iPhones. 
  • Options
    it sucked when we moved here....H had a desktop which was put upstairs...so he would always "borrow" my laptop.  When his desktop died, I told him to buy his own laptop :)
  • Options
    musical you can give me your macbook :)
  • Options
    I have a desktop and my netbook. My desktop is not coming with me to england but the netbook is. And it will probably never get used once I get my new laptop haha.
  • Options
    Haha, Hockey! You wouldn't want it. We're only really saving it until we have a way to save all the info on the harddrive and then get rid of it for good. The keyboard acts up after about 15 min of it being on, so it really has little use. 
  • Options
    Haha so you guys are really Apple people, Musu. So are we... I have my Macbook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and he had a Macbook and an iPhone... one got stolen, the other broke.. so now he has no apple products. Poor FI ;)
  • Options
    My computer froze on me. It's as if it knew I was badmouthing it. 
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    *hugs my samsung with windows and sulks in a corner*
  • Options
    Haha yeah we totally are Apple people. I used to be PC for most of my life until I got my macbook in college. Could never go back now. 

Also, I just realized that I never answered your question Angel, about the puppy! Willow is doing well, though still much harder to potty train than Tory was! She is really mellow around J and I, which we think is because she gets all her energy out with Tory. haha. Both Tory and Willow are with J right now, camping on some of his grandma's land by the river. From what I hear, they are having a blast. ;)
  • Options
    Is he training her to be a hunting dog Musu?
  • Options
    haha i love my macbook...it is over 6 years old.  I would love to get a macbook pro but I can't justify the money while this one still works.

H, who never owned a computer before we met, asked me about macbooks when his desktop died.  When I told him the price, he promptly purchased a Toshiba laptop.
  • Options
    Poke -- Oh yes! Chesapeakes are perfect hunting dogs and is the toughest breed you'll find for it. Tory is a hunting dog too but because of her hip issues, we want to slowly wean her out of it earlier rather than later. We started with some basic fetching this week with Willow, and we brought her to the lake to get her exposed to swimming for the first time. I think she was really jealous that Tory was able to retrieve so many times in the water. ;)
  • Options
    Musu, it sounds like they are in doggie heaven. Sasha loves  going to my parents' farm. 
  • Options
    Awww, so Tory will stay at home with you while J goes hunting? Or do you go too?
  • Options
    Aww, I'm glad things are going well with Willow, even though house breaking is tougher. I'm sure she'll get it eventually... Our poodle took awhile to completely house break, but she won't go now unless she literally can't hold it, or if she gets super excited, she'll go a little bit by accident.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:3566b1f4-ce18-4515-ac47-611de0dd144b">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww, I'm glad things are going well with Willow, even though house breaking is tougher. I'm sure she'll get it eventually... Our poodle took awhile to completely house break, but she won't go now unless she literally can't hold it, or <strong>if she gets super excited, she'll go a little bit by accident.</strong>
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>My chuwienie still does this. He irritates me</div>
  • Options
    They definitely are in heaven right now! Poke, she'll probably stay with me once she is completely done with hunting. That won't be for a while though, because she will act as a good guide and example this next season for Willow to follow. 

I've been hunting a few times but have never done any of the hunting myself. Its not my thing, I get bored really easily. Its a lot of sitting/standing around waiting. lol. 

Angel -- I know it takes a while, but I was just so spoiled with Tory that its hard not to get frustrated, haha. I don't know why but Tory seemingly was born with a bladder of steel. She had accidents here and there as a puppy but nothing like what Willow does. 
  • Options
    How long are hunting dogs usually okay to hunt? Is Tory only being retired because of her hip, or is she getting old? I don't even know how old she is lol. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:5665688c-8903-4390-b05c-5178db6edb99">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Angel -- I know it takes a while, but I was just so spoiled with Tory that its hard not to get frustrated, haha. I don't know why but Tory seemingly was born with a bladder of steel. <strong>She had accidents here and there as a puppy </strong>but nothing like what Willow does. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>That is so lucky! Kira had this uber annoying habit of having 'accidents' inside the house <em>right</em> after we let her outside. She is incredibly stubborn though and part of me thinks she did it just to bug us. </div>
  • Options
    Oh, and this makes me think of Fox and the Hound - when Copper is learning how to hunt. 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You can use a dog to hunt until they are pretty old. It all just depends on their health, really. J's family hunted both of their chesapeakes until they were both about 8 or 9. Its mainly because of her hip issues that we will be stopping with her, since it will only make her weaker to work so hard. She is going to be 2 in July. She was born with severe hip dysplasia so had we not given her surgery, she would have been euthanized before her 2nd birthday. 

Aryn -- How old is Kira? 
  • Options
    FI is taking too long to wake up. I don't feel like sitting here by myself anymore.
  • Options
    Kira is a year and a half now. I'm starting to like her now that she's older. She is seriously the most stubborn dog so that mixed with puppyhood did not mix well with me. 
  • Options
    Are you headed home Angel?
  • Options
    Speaking of Kira. FI used my nice organic shampoo and conditioner to give her a bath this morning! I was not pleased when I went to grab the bottle and it was covered in dog hair. On the bright side, she is extra shiny today. 
  • Options
    Poke, I already am home... I'm waiting for him to wake up from a nap so I can go over there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards