Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is there a Saturday chat thread?

Or am I all alone in my own, lonely timeline?

Who's getting married this weekend?  I know Aleigh is!  

This weekend H and I are working on finishing putting our house back together after the wedding.  Clean ALL the things!

Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?

• That sounds like a productive weekend. I think people are chatting in a few threads below, but I don't think there is an actual chat thread.
  • I don't see a thread with anyone chatting.  Waaaah.  Woe is me.
  • I'm here. I'm technically working but the lil girl is sick so we're just sitting watching movies. 

Muni, did yall not take a HM? 
  • I just finished putting together my new furniture, then had a big salad finished with a cookie. Lucy will soon be asking to go out, so I'm just waiting for the signal. Big plans here. Big plans.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:d83fdb40-f245-4970-8b3e-9621dfd3fea3">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see a thread with anyone chatting.  Waaaah.  Woe is me.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>It's very slow chatting. Nothing exciting. </div>
  • Which desk did you pick, Snippy?

• Hello! This is my first day with no work or other stuff I have to do in a very, very long time. I think the last time this happened was either February or March. I'm going to put off changing out of my PJs for as long as I can.

Aryn, do you nanny or are you babysitting?
  • Of course as soon as a chat thread starts S gets some energy. I'm out for a bit. 
  • TS, I guess babysit. I spend about 14 hours a week with S and about 15 hours a week with C. In the next month or so I'll become C's nanny though. 
  • I got myself some peach Chobani out of the fridge and I have yet to open and eat it. Oops.
  • I can't see TK is hungry.  I guess TK is extra hungry for me.

And we're not taking it until August, Aryn- H is in a year-round law school program, so unless we had the wedding literally the day after his finals, we didn't have time for a wedding and a honeymoon during the same break.  We're going after summer classes are over.  I'm actually really glad we did it this way. We have more time to research stuff for the honeymoon.  We're big researchers.
  • Ah that makes sense Muni
  • Muni, we're doing the same thing, because the place we're going has "honeymoon specials" from November through February, and it would cost us about $500-$1000 more to take the same trip the week after our wedding, plus we wouldn't get the same stuff- like all-inclusive food and activities. Was it weird to go back to work and life as usual right after the wedding?
  • We're going to the French Riviera.  We booked plane tickets and hotel rooms before the wedding, so now we're just planning a super detailed itinerary.  Because that's how we roll.  

That sounds fab, Snail.  And I took two days off work after the wedding to hang out with oot friends.  It wasn't weird when I went back Wednesday.  A little bit of a let down, maybe, but not weird exactly.  

And I love hungry hungry hippos.  I was awesome at that game.  I was a very aggressive hippo.
  • That's nice that you took a few days after the wedding off. I think having a couple days after to just chill and take it in would be very refreshing. Ours is on a Saturday and I'm thinking I might want to take the Friday before and maybe the Monday after off... It's all confusing, though, becuase I'm a temp and don't get PTO, so if that's still the case in October, fine, I just won't get paid for those days. But there's a slim but still possible chance I may be getting hired on shortly, so I don't think I would have enough PTO accrued to take that time off and take a honeymoon in November, or even to do either, since I don't know how long it takes to accrue, and my understanding is that they don't allow you to take unpaid days off, period. Soooooo that's a little nerve-wracking.
  • I'm with you, Eags. I really wanted to go to Mexico since I thought it would be nice to go somewhere warm in the fall. But I got vetoed in favor of saving a pretty substantial sum of cash to stay in MN and go way up north.
  • I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't want to go somewhere tropical for a honeymoon. I wouldn't mind going to Orlando so I could go to the Magical World of Harry Potter - but that's because I'[m a nerd. I'd actually really love to just rent a cabin in the mountains for a week.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:41d509e8-6f97-4f4f-9fd1-98606ba84e49">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thankful, can I ask where you're going or is that under wraps?  It's okay if it is. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    We're going to the Gunflint Lodge in northern MN. We'll get a whole cabin to ourself with a hot tub, the restaurant food will be included, and there's a few typical HM extras- like massages and such.<div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.gunflint.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.gunflint.com/</a></div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:593c0e74-b1c5-44ff-ad79-60727c455e82">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm probably one of the few people that doesn't want to go somewhere tropical for a honeymoon. I wouldn't mind going to Orlando so I could go to the Magical World of Harry Potter - but that's because I'[m a nerd. I'd actually really love to just rent a cabin in the mountains for a week.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>We're going to Orlando for our HM and FI says Harry Potter world is a must. </div>
  • Well, I'm afraid I'll never get to go. But I REALLY want to. Sooooo bad.
  • I'm procrastinating hard core. There is SO much I need to do. So yeah, Eagles, if you're REALLY bored you are more than welcome to come help out. You know, once you learn how to teleport. 

Holly, I love looking at houses too. 
  • ThankfulSnailThankfulSnail member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Holly, I loooove looking at houses. We don't even have a red cent saved for a downpayment- we have some other stuff we need to buy first- but I'll spend hours looking around at houses and thinking, "wow, that's so affordable and it's gorgeous!" ... and then I show FI and he looks at me like I have completely lost it.

Edit: there were way too many verbs up in here.
  • ThankfulSnailThankfulSnail member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I get annoyed when people post those. Maybe it's because I really don't have the body to do it, but it just comes off as so AWish to me, like saying "Just in case you haven't noticed how sexxxy I am... BAM."
  • Hey all. I'm wasting time before I get ready to leave. We are having a surprise retirement dinner for a coworker. In order to make a reservation for us, someone has to go 2 hours early and put the name in and sit at the bar. I'm going early to keep him company since that's the nice thing to do. And to drink.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:f4f45807-d867-4b90-8568-0b65b2da2510">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all. I'm wasting time before I get ready to leave. <strong>We are having a surprise retirement dinner</strong> for a coworker. In order to make a reservation for us, someone has to go 2 hours early and put the name in and sit at the bar. I'm going early to keep him company since that's the nice thing to do. And to drink.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]
    When I first read this, I thought you all were surprising him with his retirement. I was concerned. Took a bit for the wheels in my head to turn so I could figure it out.
  • Eagles - I don't like those either. But like TS said, it's probably because I am not comfortable with my body like that.  But those kinds of pics always go up there with the vague statuses that are basically saying "Please ask me what is wrong so I can feel like you all REALLY care about my whining"

Petal - that's nice of you. Drinks help, of course haha.
  • Yah that would be a bad surprise. Haha.

I have done nothing of consequence today. Blah.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't either, Petals, and I'm so glad. I have a crap ton to do but I'm so happy I have a day off I'm procrastinating. I'm just proud I put on real clothes before the sun went down.
  • So my aunt is throwing a party to celebrate our marriage over in NO (we've been calling it a shower for lack of better word, but it's not really a shower). We just got the invites and I was suprised to see that she used lables. It doesn't bother me or anything, but she's the kind of person that does every single thing by the book. The invitations are absolutely beautiful though, I'm excited. 

Also, I got my sisters gifts from vistaprint. In addition to a few other things I ordered a mustache themed pen, t-shirt, and notepad. She's crazy about mustaches. I don't understand it. 

Yes, I know it's random but it all JUST came in the mail so I'm excited. I also got my change of address card things, they're cute. I heart VP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:64dbba51-76d5-4207-be6d-ab0ca2f3277b">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't either, Petals, and I'm so glad. I have a crap ton to do but I'm so happy I have a day off I'm procrastinating. I'm just proud I put on real clothes before the sun went down.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

<div>Real clothes are overrated. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards