Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is there a Saturday chat thread?

Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?

• angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:f165e47a-50aa-4110-bfc7-7845c0acf1e5">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that dress on you Angel. But I'm a sucker for pretty much anything sparkly, haha
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! I almost exchanged it for a size up because I bought it online and it was a little small in the boobs, but I went to Express and they didn't have the dress anymore, so rather than send it back and exchange it that way, I just kept it and didn't wear a bra.. sometimes that helps dresses fit me. Is that TMI?

ETA, Aryn, that makes sense... this was at his graduation yesterday.. that's his law degree in his hand. I'm very proud :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thought it might be from his graduation. SO exciting! 
  • ya he looks more grown up :)
    edited May 2012
    Aryn, has your FI started applying to law schools yet?

ETA - Or, has he taken the LSAT yet? I guess that has to happen first.
  • Not yet, he hasn't even taken the LSAT yet but he's registered to take the next available one in September and we currently have three LSAT study books on the coffee table, haha
  • Ohh. The LSAT. *shudders*
    edited May 2012
    Motherfuucker. I was about to start the bath tub and my damn sister got in. Why does that always happen?
  • Hey guys I guess TK thinks I live in Toronto now. Ok then. 
  • Because she's annoying Angel, haha. 

Musu - no fond memories of the LSAT?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:6a49d25c-2d29-4bf5-8c40-2e8aaf7d57f7">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys I guess TK thinks I live in Toronto now. Ok then. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Hahaha that's kind of hilarious and random.
  • Haha no, not fond memories at all, poke. It is pretty grueling. Prep books are good though, Aryn! I took all those practice tests in those books which really helped. 

Angel, I find it hilarious too. Apparently I am an expat all of a sudden. 
  • So I was wondering what was so wrong with the LSAT. Then I opend one of FIs study books. Holy hell
  • I could never take the LSAT.. or the bar exam.. or go to law school in general. I just don't have the gene that makes me able to GAF about school and doing what I'm supposed to do ;)

One of these days, I'll graduate college...
  • Yeah, I could never go through Law School. It's scary. 
  • Haha, Aryn. :) Those logic games were the worst part. 

I think I'm just a masochist and that is why I went to law school. ;) 
  • Lucky for us FI is weird and likes logic problems. He'll probably actually enjoy parts of the prep book. So weird. 

So, I should learn to say no when someone calls and asks me to babysit or work at the bar. I just agreed to work tonight when I know I have to wake up tomorrow and babysit. Working 20 hours in a 31 hour time period is not fun. 
  • Honestly real world jobs terrify me more than school. I feel safe there. I'm super excited beyond belief for my internship this summer now, but I'm also super scared and nervous. Because even though I've done volunteer work and my internship through school... this is me working for real, for money, with what I've learned. THAT'S scary. 
  • Aryn, that definitely is no fun. I actually wish someone would ask me to babysit, being broke is no fun either, haha.

MuSu, FI is the opposite... he absolutely hated law school, but he can't wait to get out there and apply what he's learned.
  • Cool, silver :)
  • Okay, random annoyance. I'm looking at laptops on Samsung.com and they had an option to filter by battery life. Options are 5 - 6 hours, 7 - 8 hours, 8 hours plus. Clicking on 8 hours plus gives you....no results. Why have the option if you don't have the prouduct available?
  • That sucks, Aryn! But at least you know you'll be making good money? heh. 

Oh I also kinda can't wait to be done with teh SCHOOL part of it...but I get nervous because I am such a people pleaser and I don't want to mess up. I'm lucky that they placed me in the same division that a girl I go to school with also works in ... She just graduated and isn't moving til July so I will have some time for her to help me while I am there. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:f84e8849-23e1-4c68-902d-b4295402090b">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, that definitely is no fun. I actually wish someone would ask me to babysit, <strong>being broke is no fun either,</strong> haha. MuSu, FI is the opposite... he absolutely hated law school, but he can't wait to get out there and apply what he's learned.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>This is probably why I keep saying yes. I've started to earn enough that I have wiggle room in the budget and it's a great feeling. </div>
  • Musu - I can understand how that can be scary. But remember, you're prepared!
  • That is weird, Poke. 8+ hours would be a long time. I think the newest Macbooks last up to 7 hours which is pretty good. I am really weird and always like my laptop plugged in though so I never test the battery, haha. 
  • Yea Musu, you're prepared! And having a friend there will make it so much better! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:4938aca4-a7c0-4ef6-bbf3-9793a1ccf737">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu - I can understand how that can be scary. But remember, you're prepared!
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>I know, and I have to remind myself that the supervising county attorneys are expecting me to ask questions and are there for guidance also.</div>
  • I love my Macbook Pro. I've gotten through a 10 hour work day without charging it before, but I also don't use it the whole time since I have to actually be a nanny sometimes, ha. But the battery life is soo much better than my old HP.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:b784c36d-4c32-4d0b-9be6-ab163ef0b9cb">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is weird, Poke. <strong>8+ hours would be a long time.</strong> I think the newest Macbooks last up to 7 hours which is pretty good. I am really weird and always like my laptop plugged in though so I never test the battery, haha. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>I know, that's why I was interested in looking at them. But, it doesn't exist. Sad day. My netbook has a 9 hour battery life if I use the most energy efficient settings. Well, it used to. It's kind of old now so it's gone down a bit. </div>
  • We have a macbook pro too, Angel. That is what I use most of the time. We also have my old macbook which is almost 5 years old so I rarely turn it on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards