Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When I first started posting, I...

Re: When I first started posting, I...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:5110d03f-fbba-45bf-a4ee-8271b6774cfa">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : Which is why I post over here now too. Cause you and Mandapanda are awesome.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey I posted on SB earlier today! It happens! ... once in a blue moon. </div>
  • Options
    *I got flammed (but handled it well and sorry didn't say "your husbands must all hate you")

*I was intimidated to post again....well at least START a thread...but I did for my friend (she was the MOH changing up the Bparty and demanding they pay their share, etc)

*Felt like an outsider and no one was giving me the password
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    I used to love posting/reading about wedding stuff, and now I just scan over it. All the other crap is way more fun.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Saw the world as too black and white

was addicted for sure
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:f68481ca-4ba4-465d-ac51-e44bcf23c995">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : I was going to say that!  There was a time when introductions were flamed straight to hell.  Now they're okay I think.  The vibe here is more welcoming now I think.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I totally wasn't sure.....  so I didn't introduce myself until people started asking me questions about myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    Every time I posted I would refresh to make sure no one said "AND YOU ARE?!?!"

Because that happened a lot.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I also started blindly posting, but not really about wedding things.  I just tried reallly realllllly hard to make friends instantly over on SB.  I don't even think I've posted there in months now, and pretty sure no one over there would know who I am..lol.
    I stuck to my club board, and am just venturing out into the big world of the Knot again.
  • Options
    I don't think I ever introduced myself... I just started sneaking in to conversations here and there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:17f5459e-e1ea-46ee-9184-aaafc1b367d6">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : Hey I posted on SB earlier today! It happens! ... once in a blue moon. 
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

I know! It makes me happy, cause posting actively on two boards is time-consuming.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:f68481ca-4ba4-465d-ac51-e44bcf23c995">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : I was going to say that!  There was a time when introductions were flamed straight to hell.  Now they're okay I think.  The vibe here is more welcoming now I think.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]
    E was pretty tame by the time I started lurking/posting, and it's calmed down even from that. There's a pretty drastic (to me) difference in the way the board was when I joined and the way it is now.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I remember when Vally was just a bunch of fish in a pond...

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I used to keep up with SB when I was a lurker, but since I post here now, I just don't have the time to keep up with both.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think Fische was my first friend on here.  I started posting right after she did I think.  But yeah, it was eeeeevil on here.  Evil.
  • Options
    There are just too many people on SB that I really can't stand.

There are those people on E, too, but I just block them, and there aren't nearly as many.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:a5265160-ff7f-40a6-8a11-27b5b98746ac">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : You did?! Oh man, remember the days of being able to post deleted stuff?  Ahh... That was awesome. 
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>I had two SNs, my first one had my last name.. but yes on that first one I totally went back and deleted things long after the conversation had died down. I guess I was afraid that someone would read it and feelings would get hurt? Fack if I know.</div>
  • Options
    I was was scared of Daff. Like really, really scared.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    wasn't married yet, but my wedding was pretty much planned.

was very overwhelmed

it was still PLANNING and etiquette

had no idea that people on internet forums could hate each other and would be so malicious. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    * I did not understand the appeal...

* I got into it with MrsE... time and time again...

* I was accused of using a fake signature photo...

* I intensely disliked well, nearly everyone...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:e3e7db3c-6be1-491d-aa20-2b54aeba52b4">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : E was pretty tame by the time I started lurking/posting, and it's calmed down even from that. There's a pretty drastic (to me) difference in the way the board was when I joined and the way it is now.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What are you talking about? We're all the meanest beetches alive, didn't you know? And I feel sorry for my husband!

</div>
  • Options
    I was scared of Daff and Lala. And some of the nommers. I thought they were hilarious, but yeah. It was an intimidating group.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    For awhile there, Alix was just bouncing around on Ivy's tank bein' all useless, WHICH IS MY SCHTICK.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:cd3a2799-589c-4da1-93d0-7af80d057764">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]SCORE SUNRISE! :) I remember when Moose and Mandy didn't like me. I was so confused about Jens_a_ten always talking about picking East up at the airport.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

back up the train?  i didn't like you?  are you sure about that?  i think i just didn't notice you.  i remember you had a broken knee or something and people would make references to it and i was like "how the eff do these people know that she broke her knee?"

once you had a sig i liked you.  this much i know.

oh i have another one:

when i first started posting, no one was FB friends with just anyone.  only with people they were tight with. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I did this on SB yesterday...

*Picked a fight with Lala and Manda(I think??) about refusing to swerve for animals in the road, this was when my post count was in the double digits.

*My first post was a nearly-BSC post on my local. Squirrly and Birdie kindly told me to slow my roll. 

*Didn't realize that open/cash bars were such a big deal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was terrified of Fische.  The first time I saw her post was when I was still kind of lurking on SB and she left half a million "ANNA" posts..haha...I was still too new to know or now remember what that was about, so hopefully this brings up no hard feelings, but I was scared!  I think that's when I discovered my club board..haha.
  • Options
    SB = Snarky Brides/ old E'ers who moved.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:88998cef-4c4a-42e8-a487-e92c05f5af6f">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok, wtf is SB? One of the new boards?
    Posted by IrishBrideND[/QUOTE]

<div>AFSB *snarky brides*. A bunch of new people took over the board when the others moved to the Nest. </div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:88998cef-4c4a-42e8-a487-e92c05f5af6f">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok, wtf is SB? One of the new boards?
    Posted by IrishBrideND[/QUOTE]

Snarky Brides.  The girls you used to know that posted there moved over to the Caribbean Nest board.  So Snarky Brides now is a new crop of posters.  Some migrated there from here and some are just new, and some post here and there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What did NOM stand for?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's because Anna is username and username taunted me.

It's hilarious to me that people thought I was mean. I'm like...not mean. At all.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    They all had animal sigs that were nomming on good stuff.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards