Wedding Etiquette Forum

When I first started posting, I...

Re: When I first started posting, I...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:4696b514-1eaf-465e-884f-d089c8be8192">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A little slice of my sould dies every time I see/hear someone use the word "bestie." Just throwin that out there.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I always read it as "beasties." 
  • I still have a link to that blog. It was made after the M&J dog fiasco? And they were super mean to Mrs. E and OOT.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:4696b514-1eaf-465e-884f-d089c8be8192">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]A little slice of my sould dies every time I see/hear someone use the word "bestie." Just throwin that out there.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about "hubby."
  • Fishy, it's a mucinex/sudafed haze. I'm high as a goddamn kite on cold meds. GR boards? Anybody care to explain that one?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I think I still have the link saved in my favorites too, Fish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Grand Rapids Michigan. The details escape me, but Alix and Amoro took them on.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:1a1e33f1-4288-4240-9424-01488ac12985">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : I was totes joking!  I tell all Amanda's that :) 
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

<div>Well I know that <strong>NOW</strong>!</div>
  • I remember my first intro to E was when someone from my club board posted a legit etiquette question and came back to the club board talking about how all anyone had said in response was that her username was stupid. It was Ballandchain something, and people just kept saying "sorry, I can't take your question seriously with that name."

I started lurking right around the time of the anti-Kiki movement, and I never knew why that happened, but clearly it's all worked out just fine now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:a228c560-7690-4f7a-abed-b4c825f2e6a7">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When I first started posting, I... : Oh, we talked about this one before because it stuck out so much in my head.  It was to the woman who wanted to make the grand entrance in the glass elevator at her hotel.  You said something like "I think someone is a wee bit full of herself" and I had been laughing my ass off over her ridiculous idea anyway and you said exactly what I'd been thinking. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]
    Ah hahahaha!  Yeah, I totally remember that.  My membry is short.  I can hate someone today and like them tomorrow. 
  • ...I made an intro post and got laughed at.

...stuck my foot in my mouth a couple of times and got flamed to high hell and thought I'd never be able to post here again.

...immediately regretted having such a lame sn.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • *Heard about how horrible E was on some other board and decided to see for myself.

*Thought Fishy, Alix, and MrsB were hilarious, and decided to stick around

*Picked an E-worthy fight with some chick on my club board who was being all holier-than-thou over whether it was safe for children to come to her wedding. "But I'm a health professional! Kids get sick when they're exposed to fun and loud noises and stay up past their bedtimes!"

*Thought MrsB was a MOB. I think it was because she and OOT always posted around the same times and I got them mixed up. I was confused when she finally posted a bio.
  • ...liked fishy immediately because of her marg. margs hold a special place in my heart.
  • The GR Knot board is dead nowadays. I never knew it was ever busy. But I've never been to the GR Nest board either... did they all move over there?

The Margarita Evolution
  • One of the first threads that I actively participated in for more than a post or two was about vibrators and other stuff like that. :-P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:8d16da4b-b241-4ced-bc53-e75668e3da1b">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://planningandetiquettedds.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://planningandetiquettedds.blogspot.com/</a>
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Holy hell I have some reading to do now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • * wasn't engaged yet

* thus stuck mainly to posting on NEY, while lurking on p&e

* finally got brave and posted on E and got flamed a few times.  I was actually a bit upset about it a few times.  But then would go to lunch or whatever and remind myself that this is just an internet message board and not too take it all so seriously
  • Jessngriff (?) was still here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• ...had a job where I could actually post on the job.  I miss that job, for many reasons.
    ...didn't get the whole nommer thing.  Still don't.
    ...found frankie SO condescending.  Still do.
    ...thought east was mean but wanted her to like me.
    ...really liked mrsE because she helped me shop for shoes (amoro did too but I still like her).
  • i honestly have no idea if I ever got flamed when i first started posting.  I didn't know about FFF until I started posting more frequently.

The first poster I remember even really pissing me off was CMGr basically telling me that I was stupid to buy a new car, and then that same night judging Andy and KJB and I for talking about drinking and "making light of a serious problem."  That was the start of our nightly drinking threads.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • -was also jealous of Alix's hair. Well, still am. It's pretty.

-wondered why Fish responded so often in all caps. Now it makes me laugh.

-had no idea people felt so passionately about dollar dances and cash bars.

-had never heard of a hoenymoon registry or brides kicking out BMs for completely stupid reasons.
  • I can't honestly say there are any regular posters on this board that I don't like right now.  Everyone that really irritated me moved to other boards or stopped posting.
  • I don't really remember why GR got so mad at me, tbh.  But I do remember starting the board invasion on that. 

It wasn't that GR was busy, it's that they were a bunch of dumbasses.  Remember when that Kristers or something girl was all, "Amoro never talks to me!" and then I did, and she didn't like it, and called me a meanie head. lol

TR, I remember when I thought you were so stupid.  Now I think you're a sweetie!
  • Oh, I also thought everyone on here was from the US. I didn't know foreigners were invited, but I'm glad you are!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I DO IT FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT!!

Also, Kiki was a stripper.

The Margarita Evolution
  • OMG remember when she HATED Moose but then when "Sabine" called Moose out separate to FFF she was all "GO MOOSE!"

Fuckingnutjob
  • Holy crap, sunrise. THAT IS GOLD. PURE GOLD.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Haha I remember when I thought TR was a meanie. Obviously I don't now! I think it's funny to think about who I thought were meanies back in the day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_first-started-posting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a23d5d1-66e2-40bb-84b1-3c27014fc398Post:c93d5cbd-64cc-43fb-9f64-5fd1c2c83b13">Re: When I first started posting, I...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy crap, sunrise. THAT IS GOLD. PURE GOLD.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

And there's more! I just takes a while to sift through. And because I'm super lame, I have the time to do so when it's slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards