Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

No evening thread yet??

Re: No evening thread yet??

• Options
    Hey ladies! Not much in the way of cinco de mayo plans for me. With H out to sea, I'm still kinda in the post wedding depression state at present. The dog is keeping me company though, although he got into the trash last night and I had to spend an hour force feeding him peroxide in order to get him to throw it up. Lucky for me, he did.... Yuck! Plastic wrap, tin foil.... So gross!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Evening ladies.  I'm taking a break from cleaning bathrooms.  Fun.

Bay - are you working with an apartment locator?  The ones I've worked with were free.

For Cinco de Mayo, I think we're going to the Polish Festival.  I told FI that as long as I get a good strawberry daquiri at some point, it's all good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:29535b58-0c45-4dbe-aecd-3840e47e068d">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! Not much in the way of cinco de mayo plans for me. With H out to sea, I'm still kinda in the post wedding depression state at present. The dog is keeping me company though, although he got into the trash last night and<strong> I had to spend an hour force feeding him peroxide in order to get him to throw it up. Lucky for me, he did.... Yuck! Plastic wrap, tin foil.... So gross!</strong>
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, ew.  I forgive my cat for puking on the tile now.</div>
  • Options
    LOOOPPSSS... CONGRATS!!!!    Soo very excited for you!  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ooh, Kim! Your dog has beautiful, flowing blond hair!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sleepy, I contacted a realtor.  She promised to send me some quotes, and sent me an email full of apartments that were about $150/month more expensive than I can afford.  I might have to bite the bullet and try another realtor.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    MCA died :(  We saw the Beastie Boys at Bonnaroo a few years ago.  They put on a SICK show.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I would Bay.  If you haven't already done so, look specifically for an Apartment Locator service as opposed to a realtor.  They focus more on the renter aspect and get kickbacks from the apartments so they are motivated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:1ff96b7b-7b01-43fa-8ed7-17bf515907f0">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, Kim! Your dog has beautiful, flowing blond hair!
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

<div>She's very vain.</div><div>
    </div><div>sleepyb, how did you find your apartment locator?  We are moving out of state and we know a "friend of a friend of a friend" who is a realtor, but we don't know how much he would charge us yet.</div>
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay, my FI gets off at 5pm and somehow never makes it home until almost 7.  The drive is only 30ish minutes.  I swear he stays at work and plays on the computer.  It makes me cranky.  (My point here being that he's not home yet and I'm hangry.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kim - I just googled apartment locators in houston.  I'm a fan of allowing google to figure out what i need.

ETA: I swear, I kill threads....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loopy: congratulations!

Bay: keep looking....you will find something!

I have the hungry horrors tonight...with a heavy interest in sweets....

the yogurt i just ate is not cutting it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:a680c61a-b483-4d93-a98a-968ecfd9650c">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]loopy: congratulations! Bay: keep looking....you will find something! I have the hungry horrors tonight...with a heavy interest in sweets.... the yogurt i just ate is not cutting it.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What are the hungry horrors?

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dangit I need LTB again.  I have a stupid cooking question.  Does anyone know if there's a big difference between bread flour and AP flour?

• Options
    Thanks for the info sleepy.  I didn't know apartment locators existed so I wasn't sure if there was some sort of certification or specific website to look at.  I'll look into it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys :).  

Kim - where are you moving to? Are you looking for an apartment or a house?  I talked to a few realtors here in Denver and they were like "yeah, we don't do rentals - try craigslist".. so I think it depends on where you're moving to what the market is like and the best sources to find housing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:72b54da5-91b3-4604-9f3f-2f91608b18bd">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dangit I need LTB again.  I have a stupid cooking question.  Does anyone know if there's a big difference between bread flour and AP flour?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes there is...</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.ochef.com/97.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.ochef.com/97.htm</a> </div>
  • Options
    Connecticut.  I would love to rent a house so the dog can have a yard of her own, but we are still contacting people/checking craigslist to see what we can afford. 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Loopy/Adamar - I just googled and it said there is a slight difference but not anything that should deter you from using one instead of the other.

ETA: I didn't even know there were different types of flour and I now feel stupid.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm.  Well I'm thinking of using it for the empanadas, so I'm not worried about it needing to be light for a cake.  I guess I'll just test one out tonight and if they taste like ass I'll pick something easy up from the store.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:57e7bb34-ede3-479b-981f-540e32064a4a">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : What are the hungry horrors?
    Posted by sleepyb[/QUOTE]

hahaha what my family says when you are hungry, but you can't seem to satisfy the hungry feeling.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    LOOPY I saw yesterday and I SQUEEELED with delight!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! <3

Beachy if you're coming up 95 feel free to wave at me as you pass exit 150. :-)
  • Options
    I'm currently waiting on my mother to get home from work so I can go to the store and get sushi. With the way I've been feeling today I've decided to let it be a non diet day lol. 

I do have my own car, but it currently has a flat tire due to a cracked rim. They put sealant on the tire to make it work but in the week since I couldn't find one around and the sealant has worn off. I have ordered one and it should be here by Wednesday (I hope!!). And I do have a doughnut (is it spelled the same for a car? I don't know) but I don't know how to change a tire (I know, BAD poke, BAD!). My dad will be here tomorrow for a few hour and he said he would put the doughnut on for me so I can run any local errands I need while I wait for my rim.

And yes, I am currently kicking myself for not paying attention and learning how to change a tire on my own. Hard. 
  • Options
    Hockey - I'm so introducing that to my daily vocab
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    for those of you looking for apartments.....  zillow has an apartment search function...

http://www.zillow.com

• Options
    Kim - My SIL used a realtor in Philadelphia to find her apartment (more like 1/4 of a house).  Sounds like Bay is using a realtor to find an apartment in CT from her comment above.  I'm thinking the East Coast in general is a market that realtors handle rentals.  We also had decent luck using http://www.rentals.com/.  Pretty much the only thing I got off Craigslist were scams or no response at all to my e-mail inquiries and a lot of the listings don't include a phone number.  Also, Google property management companies in the city you're looking in.  Property management firms will often have their listings on their website, but you have to go firm to firm to each of their sites to see their listings (and it may point you to other websites that have listings from multiple property management companies.  One of the sites we found was www.rentindenver.com - which is local to Denver and won't help yo(obvi)u , but there may be an equivilant where you're looking.  Good luck!
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I oficially know I've not been around enought when I have no clue what anyone is talking about in FFF.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:c6ca0941-81d2-432e-bde3-0bde1506fc75">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hockey - I'm so introducing that to my daily vocab
    Posted by sleepyb[/QUOTE]

ya my family all uses ...eat one snack...then eat another and you will hear "what do you have the hungry horrors tonight?"

H always makes fun of it...but he makes fun of most of the things my family says hahaha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:a2022517-0fcd-4893-8479-30b2eb01a6a3">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : hahaha what my family says when you are hungry, but you can't seem to satisfy the hungry feeling.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, so it's that thing I have every day at 3pm and midnight.</div>
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi all! No weekend plans for me, besides some cleaning and gardening if it's nice enough. My pup had his knee surgery on Wednesday, so I want to stay home to keep an eye on him. He's barely moving around, and I don't know if it's from the pain killers, or if he is just in pain and doesn't want to move.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards