Wedding Etiquette Forum

No evening thread yet??

Re: No evening thread yet??

• mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    MuSu you're making me all sad over here.

Loopy I had heard that about only counting 75% of the rent as income, and needing to prove rental history. If that's the case we'll be doomed to rent another year. Which I wouldn't mind so much if we could fins a place that would take us and the ALL of the dogs.
  • You have... 4 dogs?
  • I feel pretty terrible for Amy's grandma. It kind of sounds like they haven't talked in a long time. I'm kiiiinda hating Amy right now.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Yes Loopy. 4. We're crazy and stupid, apparently, but we love them.
  • Haha sorry to make everyone sad. I feel like I should be irritated with Amy too. 

Back to studying for me though folks. I'll be back later, I'm quite sure. ;)
  • Did you ever get a situation figured out for the one that needs to be fenced?
  • I'm heading over to FI's now... I'll probably be back in a bit if anyone is around!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll admit I don't talk to my grandma much on the phone, but that's because I'm 1 of like, 40 grandchildren and it's just easier for her to talk to my mom to get the scoop on what I'm up to.  I'm flying out to Chicago to see her next month though.
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I grew up living next door to my grandma, so I can't imagine going very long without talking to her.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poor Amy's grandma :(

It's storming out.  It's awesome.  We have great views of it, and we're hanging out with the windows open watching it.  We got a bunch more unpacking done, and I got some more puzzle putting together done :)  Haha.

H is addicted to Zillow.  He's still searching the new house for sale listings.  I keep warning him it's like buying a wedding dress and still dress shopping and eventually he's going to find something he thinks he likes better, but he won't listen.

This is weird, but does anyone have any garbage can recs?  Like, a kitchen garbage can?  We get the cheap ones from Target and we hate them.  It needs to have a cover and be large. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I almost never talk to my Grandma on the phone.  I suck.

• I liked my Simplehuman one from BBB.  It was kind of expensive and wasn't HUGE, but it did the job.  It fit tall kitchen garbage bags just fine.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Yeah Loopy our neighbors at the old house are watching him. He's happy there with their dog, so it's worked out so far.

JK we bought a stainless steel laundry bin from Ikea and use it as our trash can. Best.trashcan.purchase.ever. I'm trying to find a link.
  • I talk to my grandma about once a week on the phone.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10130845/

I absolutely love it as a trash can. We get the Glad force flex garbage bags. I love that I can toss small things through the hole or lift the lid quickly to throw things out. Becaue the lid sits flush with the top of the can we don't risk the dogs getting in to it.
  • I try to call my grandparents every Saturday.  My other grandma died when I was 19, and I miss her phone voice.  Her English blood came out in her phone voice, it lilted.  She was so cute.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:df47c58d-ee39-41f2-993f-b66acd672ad4">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I liked my Simplehuman one from BBB.  It was kind of expensive and wasn't HUGE, but it did the job.  It fit tall kitchen garbage bags just fine.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

We were looking at that one, I think.  We just wish there was a white one.  But our toaster and spice rack are stainless so we could probably pull it off....maybe.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:de122843-cca1-4d47-8faf-9974d51da4ec">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10130845/" rel="nofollow">http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10130845/</a> I absolutely love it as a trash can. We get the Glad force flex garbage bags. I love that I can toss small things through the hole or lift the lid quickly to throw things out. Becaue the lid sits flush with the top of the can we don't risk the dogs getting in to it.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Interesting!  I like it.

• Stainless goes with everything :)
  • raes19raes19 member
    I wish we had an Ikea around here. I always get depressed when I see something I like, then find out it's from Ikea. No fair Frown
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    And it's 100% cheaper than other stainless ones we've found.
  • True story: when we found out where we were moving, one of the first things I did was check if there was an IKEA near by.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Raes I was about to say, that's what the website was for, but then I looked and saw the bin I'm talking about is not avialable on the website. Which I think is strange, and lame.

There's one about 50 feet from my house so if anyone needs me to pick something up for them I'd be glad. As long as it fits in my Scion XD. :-)
  • well I think I am going to go snuggle up in bed with my kindle.

Goodnight everyone!  Have a fun and safe cinco de mayo!
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Everyone on the page I'm reading in FFF somehow has Platinum badges. Even people with only 300 posts. o_0
  • Ugh, I just rejoined Weight Watchers.  It only worked for a little while, but it's the only thing that worked.  I'm so irritated by it, but I'm sick of feeling fat :(

• Good night Hockey.
  • raes19raes19 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:409bce2b-ac79-4005-9634-47721bc47877">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raes I was about to say, that's what the website was for, but then I looked and saw the bin I'm talking about is not avialable on the website. Which I think is strange, and lame. There's one about 50 feet from my house so if anyone needs me to pick something up for them I'd be glad. As long as it fits in my Scion XD. :-)

Yeah, it seems like everything that I've found on their website that I might order isn't available online. Just my luck. When I put in my zip code, the closest store that comes up is 220 miles away in New Jersey.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:ecea7029-5b4b-4566-950d-16725ea567bd">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone on the page I'm reading in FFF somehow has Platinum badges. Even people with only 300 posts. o_0

<div>MK - it depends on who the first poster on the page is.  So each page is different.</div>
  • raes19raes19 member
    I think everytime I've posted today my badge has changed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards