Wedding Etiquette Forum

No evening thread yet??

Re: No evening thread yet??

• Hi everyone!

Congrats Loopy!  Have you told your families yet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:384347f1-7447-4bb9-899c-df55fefa3dab">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : Yeah, it seems like everything that I've found on their website that I might order isn't available online. Just my luck. When I put in my zip code, the closest store that comes up is 220 miles away in New Jersey.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

<div>How close to Canada are you?  There's a couple near Toronto if that's closer.</div>
  • Thanks Stlrz - next weekend.  Mother's day :)  We're sending our mom's flowers "to grandma, love babyloopy" and then waiting for the excited phone calls.  Then more phone calls after that. probably :)
  • Yes!  Finally!  Thanks, Loopy, I was wondering what the randomness was all about.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• They will LOVE that!
  • Road Trip to Toronto.  And darn, you will have to pass very close to me, so I may as well go with you.  We passed Ikea when we were leaving Toronto over New Years.  If I had only known I was that close, we would have gone.  Oh well, next trip.

I thought better of my icecream intentions once I had worked out.  Instead I came home and made a quick peach icecream in the blender.  It was delicious.  FI is facinated with eating healthly lately and bought a Ninja.  So far I have used it to make delicious icecream.  OOOPS!
  • I love that idea! 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Loopy, that is the best idea! 
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:07a73b39-0c47-4928-8772-27ae4ac4823a">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : How close to Canada are you?  There's a couple near Toronto if that's closer.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Toronto would be closer by about 20 miles. For some reason, that didn't show up when I searched. Me and Canada aren't friends though. Last time I was there, they tore my car apart for no reason.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • raes19raes19 member
    Ski, you can bring some Ikea goodies back to ROC and I'll just pick them up from you. You're much closer Wink 
  • I'm the worst MN/WI resident ever.  I've never been to Canada.  I lived just over an hour's drive away from the Canadian border for a year and never took advantage of that.

• Aaand I'm back. I almost cried because I thought they didn't have my sushi at Kroger - but they did! If mom didn't have to go to her friend's house I would have ordered "real" sushi from the restaraunt. Oh well, store bought sushi is better than no sushi!

Loopy - I don't know if I told you last night but I think that's a super adorable idea. It makes me feel all giggly thinking about their reactions. If only I could be a fly on the wall when they get the flowers.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:2477294e-e1ea-46f8-a6be-79c4764c7bab">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ski, you can bring some Ikea goodies back to ROC and I'll just pick them up from you. You're much closer  
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Deal, especially if it means I get to meet you.  We are going to Toronto as part of our honeymoon in July, but it will be by boat.   We would have to take a taxi to get to Ikea. 

Do you ever come to my fair city? 
  • LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23 member
    edited May 2012
    Hello everyone :)

DH and I just got home from grocery shopping and our 67 year old female cashier (through no prompting from us) told me that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her children.  And that women wanting careers is what is wrong with our society today.  So that put me in an awesome mood.

Also, J&K, this was shared on the May board today and we all thought you and box kitty needed to see it:

(in case it doesn't work since I've never posted a .gif before):  LINK

ETA:  it didn't work so click the link instead!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:8c2acd59-8b30-4232-8b7d-6246846b1041">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm the worst MN/WI resident ever.  I've never been to Canada.  I lived just over an hour's drive away from the Canadian border for a year and never took advantage of that.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>We went to a wedding near Seattle and were there for close to a week. My parents wanted to go to Canada but no one had passports. </div>
  • raes19raes19 member
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:f2d6ed55-24e7-425b-85e0-e18a5553dcd4">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : Deal, especially if it means I get to meet you.  We are going to Toronto as part of our honeymoon in July, but it will be by boat.   We would have to take a taxi to get to Ikea.  Do you ever come to my fair city? 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

I used to go up that way all the time just because there isn't much to do down here besides wine tours (not that there is anything wrong with that lol). Lately though, we just head up on occasion to maybe shop or go to an event at Blue Cross.

ETA: I know they got rid of the Fast Ferry, I guess I didn't realize they still had boats to go to Toronto.
  • Chrissy - I love zucchini!

Bella - icky! Why would people randomly tell that to customers? She's lucky you didn't complain to a manager or something.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:880561f6-673a-4368-8410-e021ceba87e3">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : I used to go up that way all the time just because there isn't much to do down here besides wine tours (not that there is anything wrong with that lol). Lately though, we just head up on occasion to maybe shop or go to an event at Blue Cross.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Let me know and we can have a ROC GTG.  I am becoming quite the shopper.  And cocktails are always in fashion.  I would like to go see Train, but have not yet looked at tickets.
  • I love Train! I don't think they're coming to the Atlanta area.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:8c2acd59-8b30-4232-8b7d-6246846b1041">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm the worst MN/WI resident ever.  I've never been to Canada.  I lived just over an hour's drive away from the Canadian border for a year and never took advantage of that.

<div>I lived in WI for 21 years and have only ever crossed to Canada at Port Huron, MI and Niagara.  And then from Cleveland we went across at Niagara a few times to gamble and stuff. One of these days H and I want to go to British Columbia though, so we'll probably drive from here and I'll add a 3rd border crossing location to my list.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:880561f6-673a-4368-8410-e021ceba87e3">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : I used to go up that way all the time just because there isn't much to do down here besides wine tours (not that there is anything wrong with that lol). Lately though, we just head up on occasion to maybe shop or go to an event at Blue Cross. ETA: I know they got rid of the Fast Ferry, I guess I didn't realize they still had boats to go to Toronto.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified.  Sorry.  We are getting married in Alexandria Bay, NY at Boldt Castle.  We are taking our boat up into Canada for our honeymoon.  We will hit Kingston and Toronto and also some islands inbetween.  We will sleep on the boat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:b3a18a1f-4260-4a50-972e-9c23a363ef19">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chrissy - I love zucchini! Bella - icky! Why would people randomly tell that to customers? She's lucky you didn't complain to a manager or something.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I think I was just too floored to do anything in the moment.  But I filled out there "how did we do" survey on my receipt and gave them a piece of my mind.

I even tried googling to see if Meijer had any female executives officers so I could include that in my review but they didn't.  So much for me trying to make a point.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:53d978ba-18ff-4833-9c50-d75a4296f9b8">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone :) DH and I just got home from grocery shopping and our 67 year old female cashier (through no prompting from us) told me that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her children.  And that women wanting careers is what is wrong with our society today.  So that put me in an awesome mood. Also, J&K, this was shared on the May board today and we all thought you and box kitty needed to see it: (in case it doesn't work since I've never posted a .gif before):  LINK ETA:  it didn't work so click the link instead!
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

haha, that's awesome!  That would be just like silly Box Kitty :)

• And also?  If a woman's place is in the home, why the eff was SHE working? 

• Haha - well I'm sorry about that Bella. I hate that kind of talk. 

Chrissy - we were outside of Seattle. Roche Island I think? I was like 12 when we went so I don't know for certain.
  • I love that GIF.

J&K - that's such a good point.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:c8cc8723-003e-4aea-a5c2-eef15e57e013">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]And also?  If a woman's place is in the home, why the eff was SHE working? 

<div>Maybe that's why she said it? Because she's bitter that she has to work?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:ab10356d-ea33-4501-965b-70fa52e1797d">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha - well I'm sorry about that Bella. I hate that kind of talk.  Chrissy - we were outside of Seattle. Roche Island I think? I was like 12 when we went so I don't know for certain.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

They only started requiring passports to go into Canada a few years ago, I thought.

• raes19raes19 member
    In Response to Re:No evening thread yet??:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No evening thread yet??:In Response to Re: No evening thread yet?? : I used to go up that way all the time just because there isn't much to do down here besides wine tours not that there is anything wrong with that lol. Lately though, we just head upnbsp;on occasionnbsp;to maybe shop or go to an event at Blue Cross. ETA: I know they got rid of the Fast Ferry, I guess I didn't realize they still had boats to go to Toronto.Posted by raes19I should have clarified.nbsp; Sorry.nbsp; We are getting married in Alexandria Bay, NY at Boldt Castle.nbsp; We are taking our boat up into Canada for our honeymoon.nbsp; We will hit Kingston and Toronto and also some islands inbetween.nbsp; We will sleep on the boat. Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]
    Okay I knew you were getting married in alexandria bay, I just forgot that. I'm jealous, I've always wanted to go up there!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_no-evening-thread-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f2028bf-d0b2-4892-b2ea-d9d963590142Post:c8cc8723-003e-4aea-a5c2-eef15e57e013">Re: No evening thread yet??</a>:
    [QUOTE]And also?  If a woman's place is in the home, why the eff was SHE working? 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know, right?</div><div>
    </div><div>I've never been to Mexico, although I'd like to go.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards