Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Which plane of TK universe are you on?

Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?

• Options
    I don't do it and I wouldn't want FI to do it because it just bugs me. As far as other people, I don't know. I don't like the idea of killing animals. I get the reasoning, I get that I'm a hypocrite because I eat beef and all that. It's a totally irrational feeling and I know that. I guess my mom always told us "hunting is bad" and so that's what I grew up thinking. So while I'm not exactly opposed to other people doing it, I also couldn't bring myself to be glad about it either. It just is what it is.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mica - would an ear ache and a tight jaw be a reason to think you're having a heart attack? 
  • Options
    I hate her too, J. :( I am sad she is in it. 
  • Options
    I always thought thats how my parents were too, Angel. So I was surprised that they didn't care when my brothers got into hunting with J. I guess they are the same as me, just don't want to do it myself but am ok with others doing it responsibly. Do you have a lot of deer where you live? I have this terrible fear of hitting a deer because I see them along my route almost daily. Blargh. 

I think poachers ruin it for everyone, which sucks. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Elk killed by my father was a big part of my diet growing up.  I have no issues with hunting.  
  • Options
    Yeah, we do have a fair amount of deer. Hunting around here is only legal in the park 1 day a year... and it has to be with a bow and arrow, I think. If people want to go hunting, they have to go elsewhere. I'm not exactly sure where, but it's not around the corner.

I'm afraid of hitting them when it's warm... I've come close a few times. Luckily, it's never happened, but I definitely drive more slowly in the summer months.
  • Options
    Loopy, when I first read that, I thought it said "Elk killed my father" and I was like holy shiiit, that's awful. Fortunately, I read it wrong :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:811f6fc6-f444-4956-927c-d8f1466247fb">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elk killed by my father was a big part of my diet growing up.  I have no issues with hunting.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    So...when I first read this I read "elk killed my father" and I was very sad for you but I wanted to know the story because I'm twisted.
  • Options
    I also take comfort in knowing that if some kind of crazy disaster happened, J would be able to find and cook food for us. He does random survival test trips out in the woods sometimes for fun. He's weird. 
  • Options
    I just wrapped my husband's birthday gift with Christmas paper and packing tape because that's what we have.  Whoops.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I'm really shocked it's only allowed with bows Angel.  I actually have major issues with bow hunting. 

Anyway, I have to go fight traffic now.  Thankfully, no deer should be jumping in front of my truck.  :)
  • Options
    Heyo.  We just got done eating pulled pork sammiches for dinner.

I'm glad there are actually people here in one thread. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Sorry - should have been more clear.  My father is still alive and hunting annually.
  • Options
    Haha LDY, I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:fdaa98a6-0cf9-4b33-a5e0-da6663f67ae8">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, we do have a fair amount of deer. Hunting around here is only legal in the park 1 day a year... and it has to be with a bow and arrow, I think. If people want to go hunting, they have to go elsewhere. I'm not exactly sure where, but it's not around the corner. I'm afraid of hitting them when it's warm... I've come close a few times. Luckily, it's never happened, but I definitely drive more slowly in the summer months.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Usually rifle hunting is one week long here. Then bow hunting is like, 4 months I think. J used to rifle hunt but he prefers his bow. </div><div>
    </div><div>The rut is in October around here and I've come plenty close then! :( </div>
  • Options
    It's the thought that counts, J.

• Options
    Fezzy - any action on the baby front?  How're you feeling?
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Jaw pain could be an atypical symptom of heart attack, sure.

Earache with jaw pain makes me think of a viral URI.
  • Options
    Dang now I'm curious as to why bow hunting bothers Girlie. Hah.
  • Options
    J&K - I love your resourcefulness with the wrapping paper :).
  • Options
    Hey Loops! My last appointment was today.  1cm dilated, 90 effaced! Hah.  I'll take it. :)  I think he's going to make me wait, but I feel great so I guess I can't really complain.

How's your lime doing?

• Options
    I'm glad you're still feeling good.  A lot of people I know get pretty miserable by the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:278be466-6a33-462f-b0cc-0b6103ac42d6">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jaw pain could be an atypical symptom of heart attack, sure. Earache with jaw pain makes me think of a viral URI.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    A friend of mine went to the ER earlier thinking her earache/jaw pain was her having a heart attack. The doctor said she had an ear infection and thought maybe her jaw might be from not wearing her mouth guard thing at night the past few nights. <div>
    </div><div>I was just trying to figure out if she was nuts or not lol. It sounded weird to me. Thank you smarty pants :)</div>
  • Options
    Oh.. and your second question - my lime is doing well :).  Getting hungry though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:e81ecf1a-a534-40a1-99c3-59390b3eb1ee">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - I love your resourcefulness with the wrapping paper :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find the Christmas paper at first and I was ready to go at it with newspaper.  But then I remembered one other place to look and it was there.  Whew!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Ah yes, they do get hungry.  Feed the bean!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards