Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Which plane of TK universe are you on?

Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?

• Options
    Bubbs - I haven't had any aversions - except peanut butter.  I have zero interest in peanut butter.  A friend suggested we split a peanut butter cup dessert and I was like "ew".  And I keep walking past the PB in the grocery store and thinking I should buy some cause we usually have some in the house and I'm out, but I can't bring myself to even pick it up :).
  • Options
    I don't think I'd make it through law school without committing suicide. I'm just not made for that kind of acedimic stress, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not for a couple months yet Tracy. 

I don't know if it's my computer or just some sites, but TK and Facebook are taking forever to load for me.  But Proboards and other sites are loading crazy fast.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Angel I just tell myself I have one more year and then I'm done for good. That helps, sometimes. 

TK is being really crazy right now. Its loading really slowly for me too, Beachy.
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    TK is loading really slowly for me too, Beachy. And I can only access the last page of the thread from my phone. I know OPSEC won't let you disclose exact dates, but do you actually know when he should be home or do you only know it'll be a few more months? ETA, if you can't answer that either, it's cool.
  • Options
    Is Facebook acting up for you too MuSu?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I kept getting a "service not available - error 503" thing.

Bubs - how are you feeling - other than not wanting to eat much meat?
  • Options
    FB wasn't loading either for a while, but I think it just came back.  For a minute I was scared that I'd be without TK AND FB tonight... what is the world coming to?
  • Options
    I was getting that on my computer too, Loopy, although I could access it from my phone.

• Options
    I haven't noticed anything with FB, nope. Just TK. 
  • Options
    Yeah I do Angel, I can say that its in August.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah Loopy for a bit I had no TK or FB.  Now TK has sped up again and FB is still slow, but it was back for a litte bit.  I don't know what the eff is going on.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:1fdb5948-00a6-4f58-bb06-99fd98f8eb29">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I do Angel, I can say that its in August.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I hope these few months go quickly for you. Will he be home for awhile once he gets back?
  • Options
    I'm going stir crazy sitting at FI's. I told him I'd just be with him because he's sick, but I'm really ready to go home. I asked if he minds if I go at 10 and he said that's fine. I think I'm gonna try to sneak out at 9:45... I just feel like being home. He's half asleep anyway, he just finds my presence comforting, I guess.
  • Options
    Yeah it's being really slow right now. It took awhiel to load this. 

Angel- I was fried by the end of it. I didn't do well with the competitiveness of it and by the end I was really burnt out. Last summer after I graduated I was the most anti-law school person on the planet haha. I feel slightly better about it now and I'm sure I'll feel even better once I'm actually allowed to practive out here.

MuSu- what are you going to be doing for work this summer? A firm?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well, he's supposed to be home for like 5 years, but if he makes rank then that could change.  He could have to change ships or possible move again, and possibly deploy again.  Basically we won't find anything out until right around when he gets home.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Beachy - I was wondering if that's what the "present" you were getting in August that you were alluding to the other night was.  That's exciting.
  • Options
    haha yeah Loopy.  And then hopefully he gives me another present soon after.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Tortis, that's exactly how my FI feels about it right now. He's so burnt out, it's ridiculous. He basically describes law school as his personal hell. He's taking the bar in July, so the stress hasn't really let up. I can't wait til he's done, it just hasn't been good for his emotional state at all.

ETA - He just graduated 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    Tortis -- By the grace of some very lucky connections, I got a job at one of the county attorney's offices here, as a (paid!) law clerk. I am beyond excited about it because of how great of an opportunity it is. 
  • Options
    Beachy - I hope you get that second present soon too :)
  • Options
    I'm having problems here and on FB too. I thought it was just my computer though since H is sitting right next to me and not having any Internet issues. I'm on my phone now.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Musu, I didn't know that's what your new job was. That's fantastic! 
  • Options
    Loopy I was just getting that same error. Grrr.

Uhm, I'm doing ok. I feel weird, like emotionally, like I'm not handling things as well as I could or something. Maybe it's because I'm not working right now so I have all the time in the world to think about how my stomach is doing flip-flops and stuff? Maybe if I were working it would be different becaue I would be forced to suck it up and not be a baby? I dunno. I feel kind of like a loser at times because I just feel like all I do is whine about not feeling well. :(

Wow. I wasn't expecting to actually give voice to that feeling. Physically I'm having a few good days followed by a couple bad days, then a few good days again. I'm getting marks on my wrists from the anti-nausea bands. I just keep telling myself that I don't have it nearly as bad as many women and that each day I get through without being a whiney sack of shiiitt is one day closer to baby.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sweet, he just "dismissed me" haha. Be back in a bit!
  • Options
    Thanks Aryn! It really is an amazing opportunity. They normally recruit an entire year in advance. I happened to get the position because a student couldn't get a visa to stay in the country, lol. 
  • Options
    Bubbs I don't think I ever told you because your thread was like 3 days old when I saw it, but Congratulations!  I'm very happy for you, and I know he/she has been long awaited!

Yeah it's just TK and FB, and all other sites were loading perfectly fine and really fast.  Right now both are working fine but FB is still a little slow.  And yeah I was getting error messages for a while too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, thanks Beachy! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Aw Bubbs.  Focus on the good days.  They'll get you through the bad days.  You're more than 25% of the way there.  I am apparently one of the lucky ones, so I feel like such a biiitch when I do complain about my minor irritations with being pregnant.  I'm only working part time, so I too have way too much time to sit around and think about it.  
  • Options
    Angel- that's how I was too. I took the Ohio bar last summer before we moved here and you start studying like a week after hooding. It's beyond exhausting. I may have thrown some termper tantrums. 

MuSu- that's awesome! Congrats! And paid too, that's even more awesome. My internship after 1L was unpaid but I got a small stipend through my school's public interest program. My clerkship after 2L/ during 3L was paid, thank God. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards