Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Which plane of TK universe are you on?

Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm pretty holistic in general. I really will try any natural way of healing something before I'll go to the doctor. Even then, I usually will take some sort of natural supplement with whatever meds the doctor gives me. It seems perfectly natural to me (no pun intended) that I would do a home birth. 

ETA: I don't think I used the word 'natural' enough in this post.
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:f02e8ab3-1b46-488d-ad63-dcfce791f1fc">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My two pups are plenty forever. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

FTFY!  Or....for me.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:818c85e6-3990-4eef-b485-aebadb7f0173">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on? : FTFY!  Or....for me.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha! I am sometimes afraid that my pups will hate me once babies come around. </div>
  • Options
    I really want children in theory, but then when I think about being responsible 24/7 for a human being and having to revolve my entire life around kids, I panic a little bit. I know I'll have them though... I just don't know exactly when.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have/had always wanted kids. Yesterday, H, Fox, and I were outside playing frisbee and I thought, "This is our perfect little family. No one is missing." I kind of surprised myself. I'm sure I'll come around eventually, but I'm just thrilled with life as it is.
  • Options
    Being an aunt is enough for me right now, but I don't get to see the little guy nearly as often as I'd like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:086c6eae-fc3a-43a4-8c18-10d5ee3b7ef9">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want children in theory, but then when I think about being responsible 24/7 for a human being and having to revolve my entire life around kids, I panic a little bit. I know I'll have them though... I just don't know exactly when.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>That's exactly how I feel.</div>
  • Options
    Our plan is to start trying when H gets home.  I'm ready to start, but then I have moments where I'm just being lazy on the couch and think "hmm... with a baby I can't really do this."  Or our Sunday football mornings where we literally just watch football all day, yeah that will change.  But overall babies are winning out right now.  Plus my papa is battling lung cancer and I really want him to be able to meet and hold a great grandchild in his life, so that helps push me along too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Are we talking about babies? I love babies. I would have one right now if we both weren't in school. Our plan is to start trying September or October of next year. 
  • Options
    It would be awesome if my great grandma could live to see a great-great grandchild. Which I think might actually happen because she is in amazing health both physically and mentally, at 91. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:f02e8ab3-1b46-488d-ad63-dcfce791f1fc">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My two pups are plenty for now. 

<div>
    </div><div>Two? Tory and who else? Did I miss something?</div><div>
    </div><div>Hi everyone, I'm taking a break from bar study.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If we had the money, and you know, FI had a grown up job, we'd start trying soon after we got married. Although this past week when I was super sick it did occur to me that I wouldn't be able to lie in bed for the entire day if we had a young child. 
  • Options
    My mom's worst fear is that both of my sisters will get pregnant and be due at the same time.  One lives right up the road and the other lives 9 hours away.

The one who lives right up the road insisted when she got married that she was on a five year plan.  Today is their 4th anniversary.  The other sister has a 2.5 year old and is thinking about trying again in the next year or so.
  • Options
    I really wish we could start now because my sister is on her third (and hopefully last) kid and is due in September so it would be cool if my kid had a cousin their age. 
  • Options
    TORTIS! HI! 

Yes, new pup! Her name is Willow, she is a chesapeake retriever. I AW her on the daily but you are here rarely so here you go: 

• Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I don't even know if any of the grandparents will be alive when we have kids. Well, maybe one of FI's grandmothers, but I only have one grandmother left and mentally, she's really going downhill and I assume her physical health will deteriorate eventually as well. I would love her to meet our baby, but I don't think she'd really understand who it was, etc.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MuSu my great grandma is I think 92?  I can't remember for sure, but yeah she is very likely to be around for a great-great-grandchild as well.  My great-great-grandma was alive til I was about 14 too.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:a490bee0-c5e4-4fd1-a34b-91b47cd9d82a">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be awesome if my great grandma could live to see a great-great grandchild. Which I think might actually happen because she is in amazing health both physically and mentally, at 91. 

My cousin (who just had her 3rd in January) said last summer at the family reunion that she's done her share to get our grandfather as many great-grandkids as he has grandkids and that it was up to the rest of us to get a move on.  There are 10 of us ranging in age from 34 to 17 and 5 great-grandkids between the ages of 3 and 3 months.
  • Options
    Thats awesome, Beachy! I didn't have any great-greats alive. I think it is so cool when that many generations are around at once. I wouldn't be surprised if my great grandma lived for another 10 years. She's sharp as a tack. 
  • Options
    Hey Musu! I haven't been around a lot lately. We moved and now I'm studying so it's been weird. 

Willow is awesome. Look at those blue eyes! A friend of mine got a Chesapeake a few months. back too. 
    I love that pic of her and Tory together. Ella used to lay like that on Emmit when she was still little enough. How's Tory doing having a friend in the house? At first Em would look at me like "what is this thing" but now they are best buds haha. 

And JK I'm with you, the pups are probably our only kids for always.
  • Options
    Hello? I hope this is working.

I want to go as natural as possible too but have a feeling I might cave when the time comes. I'm most scared of having to have a c-section. Biggest fear right now. My (probably unrealistic) goal is to never have any type of surgery ever. Freaks me out.

My two pregnant BMs gave birth recently and both progressed too quickly to get drugs. They were both on their second though and I keep hearing the second always comes really fast.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:57a47811-53f4-46f5-82a8-ed3a14b3b0f7">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't even know if any of the grandparents will be alive when we have kids. Well, maybe one of FI's grandmothers, but I only have one grandmother left and mentally, she's really going downhill and I assume her physical health will deteriorate eventually as well. I would love her to meet our baby, but I don't think she'd really understand who it was, etc.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

My dad's one grandma died when my younger sister was 5 months old.  Right after she was born mom & dad took the 3 of us to see her (she still lived at home at the time) and told his grandma to hold out her arms (she was going blind) and placed the baby in her arms.  While she couldn't see her, she knew exactly who she was holding and her face lit up like a Christmas tree according to my mom.
  • Options
    Yeah that's my great-grandma too MuSu.  She still has the whole family over to dinner at the senior apartments she lives at at least once a month and cooks sauce and meatballs for everyone.  She goes to all the events and everything.  She just recently stopped driving within the past year.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I only have one great-grandparent left (although I met and knew 4 great-grandparents while growing up). She's around 95 though and still smokes all the time so it's unlikely she'll meet any great great grandchildren. Unless I got pregnant now, which is so not happening on my watch. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:aff6c441-604e-4733-9e76-455bcbb045f1">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Musu! I haven't been around a lot lately. We moved and now I'm studying so it's been weird.  Willow is awesome. Look at those blue eyes! A friend of mine got a Chesapeake a few months. back too.  I love that pic of her and Tory together. Ella used to lay like that on Emmit when she was still little enough. How's Tory doing having a friend in the house? At first Em would look at me like "what is this thing" but now they are best buds haha.  And JK I'm with you, the pups are probably our only kids for always.
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah I see your location is different! How was the move? Are you taking the bar in July? I'm sending you good luck vibes. :) </div><div>
    </div><div>Tory loves having her around to play with but she still hasn't taken a stand to show Willow who's boss. Willow is a fearless, dominant little pup. Tory just is so loving and friendly that she doesn't get too rough with Willow, and so we have a feeling that Willow will become the dominant dog VERY fast, haha. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:ec5093ea-c972-4c03-ac67-06ce521323f9">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah that's my great-grandma too MuSu.  She still has the whole family over to dinner at the senior apartments she lives at at least once a month and cooks sauce and meatballs for everyone.  She goes to all the events and everything.  She just recently stopped driving within the past year.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That is so cool. My grandma never learned to drive, but other than that she sounds pretty similar to yours. I swear sometimes she will outlive me, haha. </div>
  • Options
    Move was ok. We actually lived in SD for 6 months before I changed my location so this wasn't  a huge move, just a few miles. And yes, the CA bar in July. How fun.

That's too funny about Tory and Willow because I swear it was the exact same at our house. Em has always been really submissive w other dogs and Ella kind of took over when we got her. Emmit loves people and Ella loves other dogs so they're almost bipolar. 

What class are you in? I took a few night classes in undergrad, I never would have made it in law school. I just flat out don't pay attention around this time.
  • Options
    Hi Fezz! I love your new sig! 

I'm hoping to see how I do without drugs but I'm totally open to getting an epidural if I decide I need it. 

A couple weeks ago I went to my friend's house to meet up with some girlfriends and hang out. She has a gigantic mastiff who is the sweetest giant and he wouldn't stop sticking his whole face right into my crotch. Didn't do it to the other girls, just me. I was like "Yes, Clancy. There is a baby in there. Thank you." Heh. Dogs are weird sometimes. 

Loopy, are you able to eat meat other than ground beef? That's the only type of meat I can stand right now. Well, except pepperoni on pizza sometimes. Everything else makes me horfy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:f80b543d-fc52-42fd-a63d-d0cb703f8d4f">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our plan is to start trying when H gets home.  I'm ready to start, but then I have moments where I'm just being lazy on the couch and think "hmm... with a baby I can't really do this."  Or our Sunday football mornings where we literally just watch football all day, yeah that will change.  But overall babies are winning out right now.  Plus my papa is battling lung cancer and I really want him to be able to meet and hold a great grandchild in his life, so that helps push me along too.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

When does your H get home? We're starting soon and it's exciting to think about but also quite weird.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:91a31bf6-f718-401c-97f9-c10641fd06cc">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Move was ok. We actually lived in SD for 6 months before I changed my location so this wasn't  a huge move, just a few miles. And yes, the CA bar in July. How fun. That's too funny about Tory and Willow because I swear it was the exact same at our house. Em has always been really submissive w other dogs and Ella kind of took over when we got her. Emmit loves people and Ella loves other dogs so they're almost bipolar.  What class are you in? I took a few night classes in undergrad, I never would have made it in law school. I just flat out don't pay attention around this time.
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I bet you'll rock the bar. :) Its funny how dogs tend to just take on roles without fighting much about them. I can't wait til Willow is out of the biting phase though because I think Tory gets a little tired of it. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm in a "Finance and Accounting for Lawyers" class right now. It makes me want to die. I am taking it because it is meant for people like me who are stupid with this kinda stuff. Its only one month long so thats good. My job starts this coming Monday though so those days will be looong when I have class after work. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards