Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Which plane of TK universe are you on?

Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?

• Options
    I think we're eating burgers and fries tonight.  I need to go preheat the oven.
  • Options
    Ldy I can deal with that, remember I just need to get my mani/pedi tomorrow and then he's free to come. Ha!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Do you have a birth plan, Fezz? I can't imagine you to be one that gets all hyper crazy controlling over every moment in the delivery room, lol. 
  • Options
    Very true, very true. I just have a feeling the kid knows we're all on pins and needles waiting on him so he's like "Heh, Imma make you ladies wait for my grand entrance - I'mma take my time"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:25155bc3-40c3-4e25-a34c-38824630ace1">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ldy I can deal with that, remember I just need to get my mani/pedi tomorrow and then he's free to come. Ha!
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

My sister likes to joke that her pedi followed by going to see New Moon the next day sent her into labor.
  • Options
    Someone told me (I forget if it was here, or somewhere else) that their birth plan was to go to the hospital pregnant and leave with a baby, preferably by way of the hoo-ha.  That sounds like a good plan to me.  I think the fruit loop will be calling the shots at that point.
  • Options
    Evening! I got a nice nap in this afternoon. Just what I needed! Loopy, your birth plan sounds completely do-able!
  • Options
    Loopy I think someone here mentioned that because I saw that, too.
  • Options
    Musu my plan is to leave the hospital with a healthy baby. :P 
    I don't really have anything specific that I want/need.  I know I want drugs!

• Options
    Loopy, I like that lady's birth plan. Seems reasonable. 
  • Options
    That sounds like a good plan, Loops. My mom thinks I'm crazy that I want to try to be as natural as possible. But we'll see. Obviously a long ways off, haha.
  • Options
    I'm thinking I'm going to try it without drugs, but I'm open to changing my mind when the time comes. :).
  • Options
    Here's hoping, Stlrz!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:9265716d-0f1b-4635-85e8-66aabf93d87a">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu my plan is to leave the hospital with a healthy baby. :P  I don't really have anything specific that I want/need.  I know I want drugs!
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE
    <div>
    </div><div>Good plan! I can't wait to see photos. :) I loved that pic of you with the "future quarterback" shirt on fb. :) AND all your maternity pics are adorable. </div>
  • Options
    I'm gonna want the drugs. No natural births for me.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree Fezz.  Your maternity pics were adorable.  I might try to talk H into doing some in Cleveland when we go in October for a wedding.  IF I do them, I want to do them with the photographer that did my b-pics before the wedding.  She was awesome - and worth every penny.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:701bd1e4-eed7-4e94-96f4-783dc1ad3f41">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm gonna want the drugs. No natural births for me.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

I was just going to say, my birth plan would be to get to the hospital and be immediately given as many drugs as possible, and then to suddenly "wake up" not remembering any of it, with a healthy baby.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I'll have to have C-sections(s), so I'll be drugged. I really don't want any pushy nurses. One of my best friend's mom is a L&D nurse and she is awesome. I hope that when the baby days come she'll still be around.
  • Options
    Thanks Musu!  My mom got me that tank top right after we found out I was pregnant. 

Loops, maternity pictures were a last minute desicion.  I have a friend who just started getting into photography that did those for us.  I really wanted to use our wedding photographer but she wanted way too much money for just maternity pictures.

• Options
    I mean... I'm still holding out hope on the stork bringing my kids.
  • Options
    Hey ladies.  I didn't read anything other than this page.  Loopy I think you're nuts! I want as many drugs as I can get to not feel anything when I have a baby.  My fear is that I will get to the hospital too late and they'll say it's too late or any drugs.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll decide probably in October when we're getting ready to make the trip.  It's right at the tail end of when my midwife will let me travel, so if there's anything wrong I won't be going at all.  But MIL/SIL are planning on throwing me a shower that weekend, so hopefully I'm healthy and able to travel.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:22e794a3-b648-4c86-a3ee-b9171391c4b5">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds like a good plan, Loops. My mom thinks I'm crazy that I want to try to be as natural as possible. But we'll see. Obviously a long ways off, haha.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>My mom had me at home so I kinda want to do that too. But alas, midwives are illegal in NC so they're kinda hard to track down. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:f62992ea-bda3-473e-a3f3-9aab3e43a6f2">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies.  I didn't read anything other than this page.  Loopy I think you're nuts! I want as many drugs as I can get to not feel anything when I have a baby.  <strong>My fear is that I will get to the hospital too late and they'll say it's too late or any drugs.  </strong>
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

This is my fear as well, and it happened to my mom with both my sisters. Well, it wasn't because she got there too late, it was because they had to induce labor and it progressed too quickly for her to get drugs.
  • Options
    Lol, Angel. I think J is more excited for the actual pregnancy stage. Probably since he isn't the one who has to grow the baby. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_which-plane-of-tk-universe-are-you-on?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:32b41fca-972a-43b4-b508-160340e5ef2ePost:1356d80e-1c88-49ff-b3c8-e97464bf7fc3">Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which plane of TK universe are you on? : My mom had me at home so I kinda want to do that too. But alas, midwives are illegal in NC so they're kinda hard to track down. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

I couldn't do that. I need to be in the hospital, surrounded by doctors and nurses, in case something goes wrong. I'm too much of a worrier to do it any other way.
  • Options
    Yeah Angel, that is all part of the fear.  Basically anything that would keep me from getting the drugs.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FI can't wait for babies, but that's partially because of his history. He really wants to be a dad. I think he'd start trying tomorrow if I said it was okay.
  • Options
    My two pups are plenty for now. 
  • Options
    I'm good with watching other people's babies for now, and then going home at the end of the night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards