Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good evening!

Re: Good evening!

• I know everyone likes cute babies, but I seriously LOVE seeing pictures of people babies. And kids in general. My friend is having a baby in June and I'm so excited : ) I'm actually her only friend that didn't respond with "Oh, Im so sorry!" when she shared the news. 
  • I thought of Fez at first but she's been posting recently. 
  • Waltzy's baby is adorable. Adorable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:5596aec7-81f3-4d55-8741-8a53d7e29e7a">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking of Waltz, but the timing was off.  But if you search for Waltzy you'll get her son's picture in her sig.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

Aww, he is super cute.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really don't want this to turn into a guessing game. That just seems heinous. It was Barbie, and the information with links is in her sig.
  • Special, YGFBPM, because TK wont let me PM for some reason.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:75f0a21f-0256-4159-89fc-53a6e17b867d">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know everyone likes cute babies, but I seriously LOVE seeing pictures of people babies. And kids in general. My friend is having a baby in June and I'm so excited : ) I'm actually her only friend that didn't respond with "<strong>Oh, Im so sorry!</strong>" when she shared the news. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Yikes, why would people say that? Was it unplanned or are these people just not fans of children?
  • Oh yeah I actually knew that, she announced it shortly after it happened. :(
  • Like I said, I haven't seen her lately. I was unaware she made an announcement. Seeing the link just caught me off guard, and I am unbelievably sad for her.
  • Yeah it is so unbelievably sad. She is so young and sweet too, and my heart really broke for her. :(
  • I'm watching an 18 month old (who I've been nannying for since she was 10 weeks) and her new 4 week old sister tomorrow. It's my first time watching the baby, so I'm a little nervous. I've never watched a baby that young before, but I'm sure I'll be okay.
  • Yesterday afternoon, my favorite little dude walked to me. He just figured it out on Thursday. Granted, he farted toward the end and sort of fell onto me, but it still made my day.
  • Aww, that's so cute, Special. It really melts my heart everytime one of the children I nanny for does something new. Babies are my specialty so everyone I watch is under the age of 3.
  • Haha aw that is cute, Special. :)

Re: old posters. Sometimes I think an HO thread would bring out some interesting opinions around here.
  • The little girl I babysit finally started to say my name. Granted, my name is now "eny" but I'll take it! I'm her first babysitter and we've gotten super close. We have a secret kiss and everything. 

Angel, infants/toddlers are my specialty too. I'm strongly considering taking a break between undergrad and grad school to just nanny for a year. I love it. 
  • This particular little dude was entrusted to me while his mom went for her six-week checkup. It was the only time anyone has ever left me alone with a baby. I was terrified. I read all sorts of baby-safety stuff while she was pregnant, and I did not want to put it to use. 

Thank God he slept the whole time. 
  • What is an HO thread? I feel like I've asked the question "what is.." like a billion times in the last few days.
  • HO = honest opinions. SB had a thread like this last summer and it kind of went crazy but it was entertaining anyway.
  • Aryn, I love it as well. The 18 month old is seriously the love of my life and I'm sure I will adore her new sister too. I watch other kids, but only once a week, so I'm not quite as close to them.
  • I liked the HO thread from way back. I learned all sorts of stuff. I don't know how well it would play out on E, though. I imagine someone would give an HO about someone who did not choose to participate, and all hell would break loose.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:824feb5d-c462-4993-b701-014040f8164a">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HO = honest opinions. SB had a thread like this last summer and it kind of went crazy but it was entertaining anyway.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

That does sound like it could be pretty interesting. I'd likely watch and not participate though, I'm such a baby about calling people out on things.
  • Yeah, I suppose that is true. I feel like not enough posters on E are blunt enough to each other for it to work. The SB dynamic is more blunt that way. Which I like.
  • edited April 2012
    Angel, the deal was you could only call people out if you agreed to be called out. Plus, not all the feedback was bad. Lots of misunderstandings were worked out, apologies were made, and the air was cleared...for the most part.

ETA: And you couldn't call out someone who hadn't agreed to participate.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:b6f7e30b-c046-493c-95d4-e7c343fc633d">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Angel, the deal was you could only call people out if you agreed to be called out. Plus, not all the feedback was bad. Lots of misunderstandings were worked out, apologies were made, and the air was cleared...for the most part. ETA: And you couldn't call out someone who hadn't agreed to participate.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

That sounds pretty cool then... I think there are some blunt people on E, but I agree with Musu that SB tends to be moreso. Maybe that's why I post here more.
  • I feel like I can be pretty blunt sometimes. The problem is, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I can overlook certain annoying qualities while zeroing in on smaller personality flaws and blow them out of proportion.

Hence, I tend to like more unpopular posters, like Ski and Chelsea. Can they both be annoying? Sure, but I like them.
  • I just feel like I haven't been around long enough to have truly strong opinions on most of the people here, although there are definitely some I don't care for and others that I really love.
  • Oh there are definitely blunt posters here to be sure, but as a whole, the vibe sometimes seems very...polite...if you will. Neither bad nor good i guess, just is what it is.
  • Vagueknotting is not cool. You should name some names. :)
  • Ok now I read some of Barbie's blog and holy crap I'm crying. Ugh.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a4e2f8a-72ca-40c0-8399-92390e60d439Post:2c67c3ec-0e68-427c-95a3-b8c7ede85056">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MuSu, I think many newbs would disagree that our board is polite. :)  We're the bitches, remember?
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

haha touche.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards