Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Irritations (rational or otherwise)

Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:d575ec87-6542-4c38-9ded-1267ba766440">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise) : So what was your other SN?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't know it because I never posted. I always lurked.
  • Options
    I thought of another one... I really don't like when H "helps" me do laundry. We don't have our own w/d so we usually wait until there's a ton, then bring it to the laundromat next door to get it done all at once. I would rather he helped me carry stuff to and from, but let me do everything else by myself. I'm NOT good at cooking/cleaningy-type stuff, but laundry is the one thing that I'm very particular about.  He folds stuff wrong, and I go bonkers. I have to try not to show it though, because I realize it's irrational.

Like he'll be folding a pair of his own jeans, and I'll be thinking "No!!! Butt pockets face out!!!" Or he'll fold shirts without flattening them first so they wrinkle in spots. Or he'll fold towels in a way that they won't fit into the little cubbies we keep them in, so I just have to redo it. It drives me nuts!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:d16bf5ed-be73-41f3-9a4d-66d931e756f2">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise) : What is there to get? You said you didn't want ice cream and he gave it to you anyway. That is legitimately annoying.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you say you don't want it, he shouldn't be bringing it to you. It's not that hard of a concept. My question is, did you eat it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:48550ee8-c45e-47e0-bf0c-a2b59d5c30c5">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man Anna and this February has one extra day in it this year.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<strong><u>That</u></strong> is my irrational irritation. One more day added onto the countdown until my wedding. Boo.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:f7d44cb6-da54-461e-a47e-232c0022b553">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oddly enough, I was given permission to browse the Internet at work in order to reduce my production time. So...I am working.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

You must work for the IRS or another government job.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:d16bf5ed-be73-41f3-9a4d-66d931e756f2">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise) : What is there to get? You said you didn't want ice cream and he gave it to you anyway. That is legitimately annoying.

Yeah he seems like an ass for doing that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:8cecf9c1-2b81-4f96-8385-6fa03ac75e56">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise) : This is creepy to me. I wonder how many people only lurk but feel like they "know" people well enough to call them out.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Super creepy.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:b01ca4a1-93ed-460e-8f21-24490a4dfe0f">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why create a new SN then if you didn't use the other SN?  I don't get it.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

I deactivated my account a while ago but the addiction overcame me. Watching this train wreck is way too entertaining.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:d16bf5ed-be73-41f3-9a4d-66d931e756f2">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:

I'm glad I wasn't insane to be annoyed by it.  We had a talk about it, and I think he understands better now, He knows I've been stressed out about school, and he thought the ice cream would cheer me up, since he knows if I wasn't dieting, I would have had some.  We talked about weight loss being one of my goals, and how he should support me even if he doesn't think it's important.  Fingers crossed it won't happen again. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:8cecf9c1-2b81-4f96-8385-6fa03ac75e56">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise) : This is creepy to me. I wonder how many people only lurk but feel like they "know" people well enough to call them out.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>Probably more than you think.  Though if anyone thinks they "know" someone by having absolutely zero interaction with them, then that's just sad and pathetic.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:9f871ba0-1a95-4b16-b897-eccbe7a9de3f">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise) : I'm glad I wasn't insane to be annoyed by it.  We had a talk about it, and I think he understands better now, He knows I've been stressed out about school, and he thought the ice cream would cheer me up, since he knows if I wasn't dieting, I would have had some.  We talked about weight loss being one of my goals, and how he should support me even if he doesn't think it's important.  Fingers crossed it won't happen again.

Edit: mkrupar, to answer your question, I resisted and had a banana, for which I am irrationally proud of myself. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    TK wierded my post... sorry. 
  • Options
    I'm irritated that the weather is probably going to scuttle our (Me, LesPaul, and JCBSJR) plans for a Denver GTG tomorrow.  Boo!
  • Options
    My H used to do that too, Gabrielle.  His idea of comfort is food (because he's 6'0" and weighs a lot less than I do), so if I was upset about something, he'd always ask if I wanted chocolate, or ice cream, or whatever.  We had a good talk about it last year and he's stopped doing that.  He's really encouraging of my eating better now.

Good for you for resisting temptation!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Gabrielle, maybe he just doesn't like to eat alone? I feel like a lot of people don't. Even so, it's something he needs to get over if he wants ice cream and you don't. 
  • Options
    Good job not having the ice cream Gabrielle.  It's completely rational to be proud of that :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:e02360ed-16ac-4b8c-b485-74c59b7fb70f">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H used to do that too, Gabrielle.  His idea of comfort is food (because he's 6'0" and weighs a lot less than I do), so if I was upset about something, he'd always ask if I wanted chocolate, or ice cream, or whatever.  We had a good talk about it last year and he's stopped doing that.  He's really encouraging of my eating better now. Good for you for resisting temptation!
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

My FI is the same way, we finally had a talk about it ourselves. It's great they love us for who we are but they need to support and encourage us as well.
  • Options
    Bay, does that mean you wouldn't like my dad wishing people a "Happy Arbitrary Calendar Changing Day"?  He does it in person instead of on facebook if that makes a difference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    baystateapple- It's comforting to know that your guy stopped, maybe mine will too!
    anna- I don't think that could be it, because we weren't even doing things in the same room, I was playing with the cats and he was back in the office futzing around on the computer.  It's a mystery.  Also I miss your "and I'm obsessed with food" sig. 
  • Options
    Ooo goodie, I have lots today:

It irritates me that whenever I am at an social event/dinner where people are usually drinking, and I order water, usually someone will catch my eye contact and silently mouth to me, "Are you pregnant?!" NO! I'm not pregnant, I just don't like to drink - OKAY?!

I am also ongoingly irritated at my FMIL's ability to 1) create a dramatic situation out of thin air; 2) transfer her life problems onto her sons, and feel entitled to money from them for her mistakes; and 3) sleep at night.  I feel a long vent coming on, but I'm trying to suppress it so as not to have the details out on the internet forever. And that is making me further irritated.

I love my friend/co-worker to death and love talking to her outside of work, but I'm irritated at myself for not having the balls to nicely tell her that I wish she would stop talking to me so much at work about non-work things because 1) it looks bad to my bosses who sit right behind me and 2) I need to concentrate.

I'm irritated that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep my brand new car clean in the winter.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:65f475b4-9c4f-4764-815f-112d3c4ee7a7">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, does that mean you wouldn't like my dad wishing people a "Happy Arbitrary Calendar Changing Day"?  He does it in person instead of on facebook if that makes a difference.
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]

See, something like that doesn't bother me.  It's pretty neutral.  It's the increasing negativity of every single holiday that just seems like such a killjoy move.

Of course everyone  has the right to abstain from holidays if they think they're pointless or go against their beliefs.  It's the attitude of "I don't like this and you shouldn't either" that gets to me.  Same way it irritates me when one of H's friends (who is an atheist) posts statuses on FB saying that people who are religious or believe in a higher power other than science are just stupid.  Really?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm irritated that H thinks 11pm is too early to go to bed.  I need my beauty rest!
  • Options
    I'm irritated the vending machines in my office take debit cards. It would be so much easier for me to cut back on soda if I had to pay for it with real money.
  • Options
    Hey Bay, I just saw the morning thread. GO YOU! That's fucking awesome and I'm proud of you.  /end thread jack.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:eadccb4d-9352-4841-b4e5-89c9a8d058f1">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm irritated that H thinks 11pm is too early to go to bed.  I need my beauty rest!
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm irrated that FI rarely comes to bed at the same time as I do so I generally wake up when he gets into bed.  Though, I do go to sleep around 9:30, so this is really irrational.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:b56bfe0d-4912-488a-a4e2-c9b1ad7696a7">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought of another one... I really don't like when H "helps" me do laundry. We don't have our own w/d so we usually wait until there's a ton, then bring it to the laundromat next door to get it done all at once. I would rather he helped me carry stuff to and from, but let me do everything else by myself. I'm NOT good at cooking/cleaningy-type stuff, but laundry is the one thing that I'm very particular about.  He folds stuff wrong, and I go bonkers. I have to try not to show it though, because I realize it's irrational. Like he'll be folding a pair of his own jeans, and I'll be thinking "No!!! Butt pockets face out!!!" Or he'll fold shirts without flattening them first so they wrinkle in spots. Or he'll fold towels in a way that they won't fit into the little cubbies we keep them in, so I just have to redo it. It drives me nuts!
    Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My fiance is HORRIBLE at folding.  Finally I told him just to stop folding my clothes because I just end up re-folding everything anyway.   I know he means well, but I have a really specific way that I like things folded (usually has to do with how things fit into drawers or cubbies and he just doesn't do it the way I like it.    Plus?  He put one of my favorite WHITE sweaters in the dryer.  So he's basically banned from touching my laundry for a while.

</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options

I am irratated that Pandora thinks that screaming music (which I hate) belongs on my Musicals station. Screaming hard rock has nothing to do with Broadway show tunes.

• Options
    Thirty five cents? Holy shiit. I wouldn't need to quit Diet Coke if it were that cheap. That's cheaper than postage. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irritations-rational-otherwise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45fb9697-b4a0-47eb-bd28-9241e19c9262Post:8318dbd3-60d9-421d-985a-09ce62029407">Re: Irritations (rational or otherwise)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooo goodie, I have lots today: It irritates me that whenever I am at an social event/dinner where people are usually drinking, and <strong>I order water, usually someone will catch my eye contact and silently mouth to me, "Are you pregnant?!" NO! I'm not pregnant, I just don't like to drink - OKAY?!</strong> I am also ongoingly irritated at my FMIL's ability to 1) create a dramatic situation out of thin air; 2) transfer her life problems onto her sons, and feel entitled to money from them for her mistakes; and 3) sleep at night.  I feel a long vent coming on, but I'm trying to suppress it so as not to have the details out on the internet forever. And that is making me further irritated. I love my friend/co-worker to death and love talking to her outside of work, but I'm irritated at myself for not having the balls to nicely tell her that I wish she would stop talking to me so much at work about non-work things because 1) it looks bad to my bosses who sit right behind me and 2) I need to concentrate. I'm irritated that it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep my brand new car clean in the winter.
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]

I hate that too!  I was DD one night out with friends not too long ago and I didn't feel like spending money if I couldn't even get a buzz, so I ordered water and one of my not so close friends yelled in the bar, "OMG, you got water, are you pregnant?"  "No bitch, but I stupidly agreed to drive your drunk ass home, so if you actually want a ride, you better shut the fvck up."  Then again, she's the type of person that would drink 5 beers and still thinks she's okay to drive....
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am irrationally irritated that I have to wait over a year to see The Book or Mormon even though our tickets are already purchased.  It's just sooooo long and I'm so excited to see it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards