Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

so, who hangs out here at night?

Re: so, who hangs out here at night?

• Options
    That sapphire chick is crazy! I once wore a dress I got for $10 at a bridal salon for a friends wedding.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Yeah I couldn't have handled Tory as a baby puppy if I wasn't in school. I was home most of the day which made it much easier.
  • Options
    i'm here (again)  did I miss anything?  i see my love andy is here.  andy, did you have a productive day?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:43fa16b6-a536-4c7b-a5ed-6472eb4d64ad">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so, who hangs out here at night? : That sounds so nice.  I've had a hard week- I haven't heard back about that job I interviewed for so I'm just getting discouraged.  They said they'd make a decision by late last week or early this week.  :shrug: whatever.  To make matters worse, my FI has been working pretty much 24/7 so far this week so I haven't gotten to talk to him about all of this.  He worked from 2pm on Sunday afternoon through 6pm Monday night.  Then back at it Tuesday at 9am.  I got to talk to him for about 10 minutes today but it wasn't long enough to actually talk.  Ugh, sorry for complaining I usually don't do this.
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

Aw I'm sorry Bree. :( that really sucks, and I know how frustrating it is to not see FI too. ((hugs))
  • Options
    Bree - I'm sorry you haven't heard back on your job.  Was this the one with the group interview?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:2831f8b6-9625-4651-8639-0b068d17f572">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm here (again)  did I miss anything?  i see my love andy is here.  andy, did you have a productive day?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]
    yes I was very busy!  Oh and I fulfilled all goals I set for myself this morning.

How are you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:b61d73eb-52a9-4019-aa45-1ef55e6ee263">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good evening everyone. I just had some awesome Jerimiah's Italian Ice. @MissySue.......... Go read my reply on your smartphone thread and then download your banking apps!
    Posted by NotColloquial[/QUOTE]

Done. Thanks. Sorry, I walked away from the computer for a few.
  • Options
    Bree - I didn't know you got the individual interview after the group one!  But congrats on getting to the individual round, I remember you being nervous about the group!

But the waiting sucks.  Hopefully you'll see soon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:2831f8b6-9625-4651-8639-0b068d17f572">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm here (again)  did I miss anything?  i see my love andy is here.  andy, did you have a productive day?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, way to break my heart!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Hi, I'm here for a little bit.  i spent almost 2 and a half hours at the dentist getting 2 fillings done and an effing root canal.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hi again!

Thanks to those of you giving puppy advice.  I should have clarified, I would be a first-time pet owner, but my husband (still love saying that) has had several dogs and while they were family dogs one of them was pretty much his and he mostly trained it.  So even though I'm ignorant on the topic, he knows what he is doing / we are thinking of doing.

H is also unemployed at the moment, so he has the time and the energy for this, and our financial situation is solid (due to my job situation).  But we both realize it would be a long-term commitment, so we're definitely giving it a lot of thought.  I've seen some of the recent threads here about terrible dog owners, and we would definitely not just give up on our dog if it wasn't behaving.  Just wanted to make that clear, I realize it's a big deal.  Thanks!
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:d8ff4981-c10d-4afc-96e6-0a54cb209aa7">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so, who hangs out here at night? : Wow, way to break my heart! Hi, I'm here for a little bit.  i spent almost 2 and a half hours at the dentist getting 2 fillings done and an effing root canal.  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    you know i have bi-love.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Poor dani!!!  Is Phil taking care of you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually do but i'm having 'puter problems today and I can't scroll up or down to read replies
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:d8ff4981-c10d-4afc-96e6-0a54cb209aa7">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so, who hangs out here at night? : Wow, way to break my heart! Hi, I'm here for a little bit.  i spent almost 2 and a half hours at the dentist getting 2 fillings done and an effing root canal.  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Ouch, I've had a root canal - it was not as bad as I was scared it would be, but still not fun for sure.  Hope your recovery is quick!

Edit for typing too quickly!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yes he just made me pudding for later.  We were supposed to make these WW Asian sliders tonight, but we changed to pasta so I wouldn't have to chew much.  I'm pretty excited for my fat & sugar free cheesecake pudding too.

Yeah it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, since you always hear horror stories about it.  But there were a few times where she hit the nerve that it was excruciating pain for a few seconds.  It was just so weird that it was that bad since I didn't have any pain with it before today.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I want to punch Sapphire in the baby maker. 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Dnb, your husband sounds so sweet.  He's such a good nurse!
  • Options
    Haha he has his moments Mica!  I definitely had to ask for him to make the pudding, but he happily made it.  He knows he wants it too though.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and on the plus side, they gave me a script for Vicodin!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a tooth that had 2 cavities in it. They really considered doing a root canal but decided that they would just fill it instead and fix it later if needed. They couldn't believe that it never caused me any pain. The tooth was so far gone evidently that they had drilled down to the nerve just to fill it.
  • Options
    Evening.. I just got here..

Long day at work.. and they 2 friends of ours who are getting married next week are fighting..  Ugh... such a long night...

Anyway... I did read part of the thread about judging moms who go out of the house too early with their newborns...  WTF?  I judge if the mom was FORCED to leave the house.. But if a mom with a newborn wants/can leave her home regardless of how old the child is... good for her.  Who am I to say it's too early? 

BTW - I find first time moms stay at home longer than say 3rd time moms  Makes sense actually.  First time moms only have one kid.  By the time kid 3 comes along soccer, baseball, CCD, Hebrew class and violin class all come into plan and the mom has less of a  choice...  Just saying.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I just got here too.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Ciara, what are you doing on the internet?!  You're still bleeding!!  Shouldn't you be staring at walls with Edmund attached at the nip?

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Hi Kate!

Darn you for being rational, Lynda!    
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:33c0332e-7014-4d99-97ad-4f3cc72e8a05">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ciara, what are you doing on the internet?!  You're still bleeding !!  Shouldn't you be staring at walls with Edmund attached at the nip?
    Posted by KentuckyKate[/QUOTE]

FTW!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:b92dc1ca-fd55-4207-b435-221560985cf4">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so, who hangs out here at night? : I thought of this too during that thread.  Also, I felt that 6 weeks was somewhat arbitrary since not all moms get their kids vaccinated.  So for those kids what's 2 weeks opposed to 6, you know?
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

<div>I want to say that it's all about choice. If I WANT to go to a soccer game with my 3 week old.. Great.. </div><div>
    </div><div>At the same time if I'm not comfortable taking my 8 week old to a wedding. (maybe it's because of how I feel or how the child is) . I do not have to.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's all about choice.. Women are NOT created equal. We all have different experiences with child birth.. We all also give birth to different kids who may or may not have issues to worry about.</div><div>
    </div><div>No need to judge.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:1201a54c-c63b-4cb0-b55b-879dc9ce5299">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kate! Darn you for being rational, Lynda!    
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>People say it's my biggest fault.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    How do you prevent a person from driving around a child?  What are the other options?
  • Options
    What makes you think I'm still bleeding kk?

Now I want to smack my mother. She is being ridiculous and not respecting our wishes
  • Options
    Hey, you guys want to see my baby nephew some more??  Because he's so precious and snuggly even though he has tubes and wires and stuff?

Nose Job Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards