Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

so, who hangs out here at night?

Re: so, who hangs out here at night?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:cfdf7605-08ce-4c3b-a8a2-6779a8d8d856">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, you guys want to see my baby nephew some more??  Because he's so precious and snuggly even though he has tubes and wires and stuff?
    Posted by KentuckyKate[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>so cute..</div><div>

</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh, KK, he's adorable!
  • Options
    KK he is so adorable! How much longer does he have to have the tubes and wires?
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Last year I was in the delivery room of a friend of ours.  Her labor was ridiculous easy.. Like less than 2 hours from 3cm to delivery.  She pushed 3 times.. I was jealous and I'm not even pregnant

Point is some woman have it hard, others have it easy.  If the labor can be so different, everything else might be different also.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Bree- http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaids-dress-price-drama_.0

As for the TMI, I think anywhere from a couple days to 6 weeks? I don't actually remember. It's usually only really heavy for about a week, then not so bad after that. This could totally be a person to person thing though. 
  • Options

I just saw on the news that the woman that was raped this weekend by the head of IMF is HIV positive.

That will teach him where to stick his d__k

• Options
    I am so lost.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Kate he's soooo cute!!!! Squeeee what a little squish!
  • Options
    Between my mom and my dwnstairs neighbors slamming their front door, I'm going crazy.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Wow, oot.  There's karma.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:2c504fc9-1a9a-467a-80a9-d10a266ac573">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KK he is so adorable! How much longer does he have to have the tubes and wires?
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

Well he is now breathing all by himself, so the oxygen from the second picture is gone.  And whenever he is breathing a little better he can ditch the feeding tube in his nose.  Yesterday he got a bottle for the first time, but today his respirations were too high, so he was back on tube feedings.  The IVs will be there until the infection is gone, which was unchanged today, but it's not getting worse.  There's also a BP cuff and a pulse oximeter on his ankle and hand.

And they also found a heart murmur today, but we don't know why yet.  They will do an echo in the next few days.  He will be ok though.  And he is so sweet and helpless I can't stand it.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Poor little guy.

We just got our appointment with the pediatric orthodontist to do the impression for the NAM on June 3rd. We will then be going to Seattle Children's once a week.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:b7bf0a40-87cd-471f-b8e2-9c688be58d20">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, oot.  There's karma.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Her SO was on the news tonight about what a wonderful pure wife he had,
    No, she has HIV and that can hit anyone, anywhere, it does't prove class

And she is the victim, not the one who has to defend herself here.]

Dumb men
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:2c3fcef7-1f19-4ab8-b25a-ab6b5f072cc5">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate he's soooo cute!!!! Squeeee what a little squish!
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]
    I know, he looks like the Michelin Man in that picture, but he looks like a different baby now. He was swollen from all the IV fluids.  My brother asked the NICU nurse if they were filling him up like a water balloon, but she said that the third spacing is related to the meconium aspiration which causes pulmonary hypertension which causes edema.   Anyway, he isn't rolly looking anymore and it kind of makes me sad :(

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
  • Options
    I am pretty sure I never believed in karma until right now.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:5d715ce1-1a67-48e5-bf43-18135466461a">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poor little guy. We just got our appointment with the pediatric orthodontist to do the impression for the NAM on June 3rd. We will then be going to Seattle Children's once a week.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure that's a big ball of mixed emotions for you because that sounds both exciting and intimidating to me.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    It truly is a bag of mixed emotions. on one hand I know it's what needs to be done but on the other I'm scared it won't work for him.
  • Options
    Im def a late night creeper. LoL the FI works crazy hours so i tend to do most of my searching and posting between 9-12pm EST. Seems most of the active chats have died down by that point though :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hola MissRutig.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Back everyone... though probably not for too long.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:6e51788a-bd96-43d8-b784-79c8df87444f">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im def a late night creeper. LoL the FI works crazy hours so i tend to do most of my searching and posting between 9-12pm EST. Seems most of the active chats have died down by that point though :(
    Posted by MissRutig[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>welcome..</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Yes.. it's more of an east coast crowd.  It's too late for them.</div>

• Options
    Kate try not to worry, heart murmurs are actually really common in tiny babes, my youngest had one for the first few weeks and she just grew out of it (or into it? I don't know). Anyway, I was panicking and the doc told me they were more common than people think, and usually no big deal.
  • Options
    Ugh its so sad, both my girls have some sort of cold thing, I might take Z into the doc tomorrow if she keeps sounding so terrible, she's got a really flemmy productive cough :( And she's just a little ball of sad :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:56a53399-b334-4b8d-bb2c-d78cbbda03f6">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate try not to worry, heart murmurs are actually really common in tiny babes, my youngest had one for the first few weeks and she just grew out of it (or into it? I don't know). Anyway, I was panicking and the doc told me they were more common than people think, and usually no big deal.
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that's what the NICU said, and that they usually close on their own.  I just don't want anything else to be wrong with this little guy so he can go home soon!

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hangs-out-here-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:462768b8-417a-4562-aeca-f7769ed3ec4aPost:cb628c80-477f-4baf-bc85-9740f7f5f63c">Re: so, who hangs out here at night?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi MissR.  Just a heads up, it grinds my gears when people say 'the' fiance.  But welcome!
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]
    Oooh, me too.  But it's better than "finance"

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    I think that happens pretty frequently with e-books, Bree.

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Hey

Sorry i was trying to catch up on 9 pages of posts to be able to follow along. ill be sure to use my fiance. lol. Im having a hard enough time remembering to call him my fiance instead of bf. 7 years of a certain name kinda sticks.

Im new to the forums and still trying to get the hang of things.  I promise ill get better and try to not drive everyone crazy. haha

This post was too much with all the rapture stuff. haha. I cant believe the news story i read about the man who bought a HUGE billboard and spent a bunch of his money to advertise it. He's gonna be angry when he wakes up poor on sunday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    Eh.  I heard on NPR that he is really rich and has his radio show in 60 markets.  He can afford his idiocy.  I just hope none of his followers make huge mistakes that cost them.
  • Options
    I think it's weird being a "Mrs." instead of a Ms. or Miss.  Going from Miss Maidenname to Mrs. Marriedname felt really weird to me.

Nose Job Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards