Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    Where is the thread where P2 was bitchy to OhWhyNot? I missed that response.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I came over briefly yesterday, read the brunch thread, and left. I think we've already covered why it was lame.

"Together with their families" is not always the right solution.

I was indifferent about kiki until the pinkpinot post, now I'm on the stop-trying-so-hard bandwagon.

Completely unrelated to any FFF topic: B?!?! I just saw your ticker for the first time. Congratulations!!! That's so awesome :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:1fe60265-6180-47a5-b88a-404aa2b498ac">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that JessAndTrav is posting a freaking ton lately.  I don't dislike her, but <strong>fuckbeans</strong>, that's a lot of posting.
    Posted by Koopa17[/QUOTE]

<div>This is bound to be my favorite new word! Thanks Koopa!</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:7a91fd6c-51e1-4eb7-87b9-2aabff7e00fc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why people fawn all over daffodil_jill.  She brings nothing to the board but night time home decorating posts and negativity, and in my opinion is just overly harsh.  So harsh that I almost didn't post this because I'm afraid of her backlash.  So harsh that I don't really know to deal with her, and she's the only person ever in the 2 years that I've posted here that has made me feel that way.  I don't get why everyone seems to just adore her.  There, I said it.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

I asked her to take her incessant home decorating posts over to the nest. She wasn't amused.
    But, on a related note, when I first started posting here I  found her hilarious, albeit snarked up. But, as I have remarked before, it just keeps downgrading and now we see, well, what you just mentioned above.
  • Options
    Oh I have a flame:  I am so sick of expat pumpkin.  I don't even open her threads anymore.  It's too bad, I used to love her lots and lots.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I would have told a reg the same thing in that Monday brunch post.  One day?  For your sister?  And you are going to bitch and moan like someone stabbed your dog?  Dude, it's one day.  If you didn't want to go then don't go.  The biitching about working until 10 or 11 at night to make up for it was a bit much.  She didn't respond to me if I asked her what would have happened if she was sick that day. 
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    I will say this for Jessandtrav though, she is open to feedback. I asked if she would change her cake-eating sig yesterday and within the hour it was changed to her adorable kid relative. She also said she would work on the long posts.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    You know, I really don't even get the point of FFF.  I know it's entertaining, but I feel like it doesn't make anyone feel good.  The only thing it creates is negativity, and makes people feel like shiit. 

Nobody on here cares if the things they say actually hurt the REAL person sitting on the other side of the computer.  And yes, I know have participated many times and I'm being a hypocrite, but I'm just sayin'.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:ba981f2f-1c3f-4910-96a3-f363e8978ebd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I have a flame:  I am so sick of expat pumpkin.  I don't even open her threads anymore.  It's too bad, I used to love her lots and lots.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]
    I cant take her seriously after the ADD meds nonsense she started, and the "eye opener" post she wrote afterwards.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:657533b0-da35-4bbc-bb8e-c4cd96ccb4bb">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have told a reg the same thing in that Monday brunch post.  One day?  For your sister?  And you are going to bitch and moan like someone stabbed your dog?  Dude, it's one day.  If you didn't want to go then don't go.  The biitching about working until 10 or 11 at night to make up for it was a bit much.  <strong>She didn't respond to me if I asked her what would have happened if she was sick that day.</strong> 
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

I noticed that and it drove me nuts OP never came back. Not that I expected her to come back, but I think it definitely would have alleviated a lot of confusion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:7a91fd6c-51e1-4eb7-87b9-2aabff7e00fc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get why people fawn all over daffodil_jill.  She brings nothing to the board but night time home decorating posts and negativity, and in my opinion is just overly harsh.  So harsh that I almost didn't post this because I'm afraid of her backlash.  So harsh that I don't really know to deal with her, and she's the only person ever in the 2 years that I've posted here that has made me feel that way.  I don't get why everyone seems to just adore her.  There, I said it.

I agree with you, Dani.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:7a91fd6c-51e1-4eb7-87b9-2aabff7e00fc">Re: FFF</a>:

Who adores her?  Not me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kiki, you said in the thread ABOUT fff last week sometime that you liked it and found it entertaining. ::head scratch::
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:7a1e6279-6d83-4d08-9690-1d43cc83f832">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would have liked Unpopular Opinion Friday better if it hadn't gotten bogged down with a couple of boring topics.  Also, everyone was too nice in it.  If someone had said something really off the wall and then got flamed by everyone, it would have been more entertaining.
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]

Coco, I think that was the whole point of it, was to try something different and debate controversial things without everyone's hackles raised. If people were looking for a replacement for FFF, then that was not it but it was decided that it was too early for one anyway. Though I admit I did gloss over the topics I wasn't responding to, as they got tedious as well. I'm sure the same was thought about mine.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I also thought that TRs post about Haiti came across and very insensitive.

I'm with mandysmear about the Brunch thread.

I also totally flame myself for the reasons that PPs have mentioned.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:2baf38c2-1410-4f9c-aefa-44085dca5e50">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know, I really don't even get the point of FFF.  I know it's entertaining, but I feel like it doesn't make anyone feel good.  The only thing it creates is negativity, and makes people feel like shiit.  Nobody on here cares if the things they say actually hurt the REAL person sitting on the other side of the computer.  And yes, I know have participated many times and I'm being a hypocrite, but I'm just sayin'.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    But calling someone a trashy biitch (amongst other things) in a non-fff thread is A-ok??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:ba981f2f-1c3f-4910-96a3-f363e8978ebd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I have a flame:  I am so sick of expat pumpkin.  I don't even open her threads anymore.  It's too bad, I used to love her lots and lots.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Yessssssss. I think I wrote something to her like, "I'm just surprised your dumb enough to be surprised by the JEdwards thing." She is driving me nuts.

I flame Mandy for not coming around nearly enough. We could use your brand of funny.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:2baf38c2-1410-4f9c-aefa-44085dca5e50">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nobody on here cares if the things they say actually hurt the REAL person sitting on the other side of the computer. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I've thought about that too.  When I've gotten flamed, the person might just be making fun of the "internet me," but it actually hurts the "real me" too, at least for a little bit.  I try not to ever be super mean for that reason (just a little mean).
  • Options
    Thanks coco.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:1b4c35a8-2e86-434c-b3e0-2ea1d2a40e27">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kiki, you said in the thread ABOUT fff last week sometime that you liked it and found it entertaining. ::head scratch::
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Because she's on the receiving end this time.

I'm on the receiving end today, I anticipated it. I still don't mind FFF.
  • Options
    I know, fische, I said I was being a hypocrite.  But I'm just thinking of it differently today.  I don't know if I find it entertaining anymore.  Maybe cause it's always about me, so it's harder to be entertained.  I'm getting beat down by being mentioned constantly every. single. week.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:b0a0f9e0-9693-44c2-b19f-05a85eb0d85f">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I noticed that and it drove me nuts OP never came back. Not that I expected her to come back, but I think it definitely would have alleviated a lot of confusion.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I think she did come back eventually, and when she did, it wasn't with guns blazing. Ironically, she may have gone off to do some actual work, which is one of the things people were flaming her for (being on the Knot at work when she had so much to do).

That thread was nuts, guys. Way too much extrapolating from way too little information.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    If your feelings are that fragile, then you shouldn't be participating.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    But calling someone a trashy biitch (amongst other things) in a non-fff thread is A-ok??

No, it's not, that's why I apologized to ricks for it. 
  • Options
    I totally concur on the Expat thing. It seems that she only posts just for the sake of posting or to flaunt her lifestyle nowadays. It's freaking irritating.
  • Options
    I told y'all the Unpop thread would turn in wedding stuff! Or did it? I don't remember.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6034d63d-6948-4c7e-ad79-20c8c98bdd72Post:ddd42bc7-f26e-457e-81e5-6ce26ee37c17">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will say this for Jessandtrav though, she is open to feedback. I asked if she would change her cake-eating sig yesterday and within the hour it was changed to her adorable kid relative. She also said she would work on the long posts.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

<div>I find this to be true also. In her FB thread--lots of replies hinted at her posting the thread being just as passive aggressive as the behavior she was bitching about, and she agreed. My only suggestion? It's great to be open to advice and all, and it's even more great to take said advice. But, think first---and you avoid all of it. (a lesson hard learned for my own self)</div>
  • Options
    I like FFF because it gives everyone one place to do their call outs and complaining, instead of doing it in individual threads which takes on a harsher/meaner tone.  Also, if you don't like FFF or are afraid you might be mentioned in it and have hurt feelings, don't open and read the thread.  It's not a secret what's going to be in here.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a link to Expat's rittalin (sp?) thread? I totally missed that.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards