Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saturday Night

Anyone here? We just got home from dinner. We're heading down to SIL's house tomorrow. We were supposed to be bringing out little dog there for them to watch for us, but he had his teeth cleaned this morning, and they pulled 7 of them (!), so we're going to bring him down next weekend. Tomorrow we're just going to hang out and have lunch.

Re: Saturday Night

• Options
    Awww, poor little guy! 

My stew finally finished cooking, so I'm eating it.  I think we gave up on packing.  I'm knotting and watching Challenge re runs and H is playing video games.  Whoops.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    im making brownies! :)

Though H just complained because he made chocolate covered pretzels earlier...and said its too much chocolate too soon. 

Well I didn't get any pretzels because I was eating dinner when he was eating them and he ate them all...so I guess more brownies for me!
  • Options
    When do you all move JK?

• Options
    Mmmmm, chocolate covered pretzels.

• Options
    May 4th.  Waaaay too soon.  I can't wait though, because our Sleep Number bed is now just sitting there, waiting for us.

• Options
    We're hanging out. It has been raining and icky most of the day. We went and made dinners this morning. The freezer smells so good. I have some school work to get done tonigh, but nothing else is going on. 

• Options
    I'm here for a few minutes, waiting for FI.

There's no such thing as too much chocolate for one day. I love chocolate covered pretzels and brownies... yum. Now I really want something chocolatey.

J - I'm assuming if the bed is sitting at the new house you haven't slept in it yet? I always wonder if they're as comfortable as the commercial makes it out. I like a soft bed and FI likes a more firm one, so it seems like it would be the perfect solution.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i'm here! I'm technically "working" but I just put the little girl down for the night. Babysitting is such a sweet gig. 

JK, I don't blame you one bit for giving up on packing for the night. Packing is horribly boring and stressful. 
  • Options
    Nope, haven't slept in it yet.  I'll let you know what we think when we do though!  That's exactly why we got ours too--I like it softer, he likes it firmer. 

• Options
    H just spent a week in a hotel on a sleep number bed. He hated it. Which is fine by me. Makes my plea for a tempurpedic that must more a reality now.
  • Options
    I feel like banging on a Tempurpedic would be really hard.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:079b196e-957e-4d31-abf2-a2ac35a91f25">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, haven't slept in it yet.  I'll let you know what we think when we do though!  That's exactly why we got ours too--I like it softer, he likes it firmer. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yes, definitely let me know, thanks! We're not moving in together until right before the wedding, most likely so we definitely have time to figure out a bed situation. Also, love your new sig pic!
  • Options
    I had a sleep number in a hotel for a weekend and I hated it.  It felt like a glorified air mattress
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Thanks Angel!

We slept on one in a hotel too, and also didn't love it...but we had our numbers all wrong.  When we got it adjusted right in the store, it was like night and day.

ETA:  We also got one with a big ol' pillowtop too, so that gets rid of the air mattress feeling--the cheaper ones definitely feel more like air mattresses.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:0cb84f80-ee88-4556-a597-653df1f9192a">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like banging on a Tempurpedic would be really hard.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha this is probably true</div>
  • Options
    We would definitely try it out in the store before buying it. I'm obsessed with the bed I currently have... I think it's an ultraplush posturepedic or something. I'd take it with me but it's only a full size and I sleep diagonally across it so I take up the whole thing myself. Everytime FI sleeps here, neither of us sleep well, so we'll definitely be getting a king.
  • Options
    Yeah H didn't get it. He said the bed couldn't inflate when you were on it. So I don't get how you find your number if you keep having to get up and down to inflate it and deflate it, but I know people love them.

JK do you think they'll let us "test" our the tempurpedic before purchase? :-P
  • Options
    HAHA ...i cut my brownie...and a little while later H said he decided to have one.  Next time I went in the kitchen I glanced at the pan and started laughing. 
    H knew right away why, and giggled "you always say you like the edges"

this is what I saw.

• Options
    No, you're supposed to inflate the bed when you're on it.  Maybe his was broken.

I dare you to ask them, MK.

• Options
    <div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:e353a902-30d5-4501-a281-b300d99c3c79">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always wonder if they're as comfortable as the commercial makes it out. I like a soft bed and FI likes a more firm one, so it seems like it would be the perfect solution.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>They are.  We got one about 2 months ago and it's awesome.  We're both super happy.  The punch line is that I wanted firm and he wanted soft and his "sleep number" is way higher than mine - theoretically firmer.</div></div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:e0700699-e57d-41a8-8802-461bbda6cd05">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah H didn't get it. He said the bed couldn't inflate when you were on it.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]<div>
    Sure it does - why does he think that?</div>
  • Options
    Aww, that's sweet that he left the edges for you :)

MK - You should go in and ask them that with a completely straight face and see what they say.
  • Options
    ya "sweet"....haha he hates edges
  • Options
    I totally do that, I hate the edges.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:57c70847-9056-4e7c-812f-b385c1670e8b">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]ya "sweet"....haha he hates edges
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

Oh, haha. I take that back then. I like the edges... and the middle... I just love brownies.
  • Options
    Ok ladies, I'm out for now... have a good night!
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    Oh apparently his did, but others in his group didn't. Maybe because it was a hotel they aren't maintaining them well?

I'll videotape me asking them for you all to see. ;-)

I love the edges, Nom!

ETA: H tells stories in circles, so I orginally thought he was talking about his bed, not someone else's. He still didn't like it. Maybe they need to get the pillowtop?

Our bed is only 4 years old, so we have a long while before buying a new one. I'm still in love with it.
  • Options
    I love the edges of brownies.  Yum.  

I have been a horrible lazy person today.  I've been hungover all day long and have just been cuddling with my kitty and my puppy.  H went up to Michigan to shoot guns and drink beer (not at the same time) and now he's out watching the Hawks and the Bulls.

H talks about how he wants one of those sleep number beds, so I will be waiting for a your full review J&K :)

• Options
    I like brownie edges but not with the brownie middle. I will cut an inner square and eat all the edges first. I feel like they are different desserts almost.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm all about the edges.  Edge people need to go buy this (click). It's life-changing.
  • Options
    OMG! 

H would never let me, but that would be unbelievable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards