Wedding Etiquette Forum

Saturday Night

Re: Saturday Night

• In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]Aw. Thanks.I feel bad for bringing all these warm fuzzies up in here. Isn't this why people say TK sucks now? Oops. Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

Ha, true. Maybe you should flame someone now to make up for it ;
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meeeeeeh any flames I can come up with off the top of my head are weak as hell. I would just look even MORE warm and fuzzy. I do love a good FFF, even though I'm never around to participate.
  • I started saving notes about FFF. I have a shot memory so I keep notes so I can play when posters piss me off. End Confession.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I enjoy reading FFF but I have yet to participate. Any flames I have are always covered before I get there.
  • Nicki, that's kind of funny and not a bad idea.
  • I have a pretty good memory about things that piss me off. I can still remember something a poster said back when I first started lurking (May 2011) that instantly turned me off to her, and she still rubs me the wrong way. I feel like I would be bomb at FFF if I was able to knot at that time of day on a Friday. 
  • In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]I have a pretty good memory about things that piss me off. I can still remember something a poster said back when I first started lurking May 2011 that instantly turned me off to her, and she still rubs me the wrong way. I feel like I would be bomb at FFF if I was able to knot at that time of day on a Friday.nbsp; Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

Now I want to know who you're talking about and what she said. My memory is pretty good about things like that as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:668ba17a-f934-4561-963d-11e20f99e58b">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started saving notes about FFF. I have a shot memory so I keep notes so I can play when posters piss me off. End Confession.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>This is awesome. Fact</div>
  • Name names, Snail. Or it isn't fun. I have a poster who said false info about me on a board I don't go to, and I wanted to tit slap her. But alas, I held my tongue. Sometimes it hurts to be the better person.
  • Someone was posting about how she had just found out she was unable to bear children, and in passing she used the term "child-free" instead of "childless". Daff went in and explained why that was wrong because people who are child-free are so by choice and yadda yadda. It came off as really short and I felt so bad for this poster who was pouring her heart out about her fertility issues.
  • Just to add, I 100% know that it's not fair for me to still feel all icky about someone because of something they said almost a year ago, but I have a really hard time shaking first impressions.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:d992c6cf-0ecc-40ce-b949-9a311d526c32">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone was posting about how she had just found out she was unable to bear children, and in passing she used the term "child-free" instead of "childless". Daff went in and explained why that was wrong because people who are child-free are so by choice and yadda yadda. It came off as really short and I felt so bad for this poster who was pouring her heart out about her fertility issues.<div>Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>But that's Daff.  If you knew her and knew how strong her feelings were about children, and how many times she has had to argue her opinions and feelings about the topic, you would much more understand where her response came from.  Plus, it's a message board, you're not guaranteed sympathy from anyone, let alone everyone.</div><div>
    </div><div>And that's all I've got.

</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think it's that unfair... Or if it is, I'm unfair too.
  • I ignore all fertility posts and issues because I strongly feel that there are too many people on this planet and waaaay too many unwanted children. More people need to adopt. But I know that is an unpop op, so I keep this ish to myself.
  • To clarify, I mean I don't think it's unfair to hold on to first impressions.
  • I am big on first impressions. But then again, if everyone went on their first impression of me, I am a nasty gross unclean hippy that has a dirty house. But that is not true. But I always give second chances, and expect the same curtesy. But if someone REALLY pisses me off, I don't forget. I'm rambling.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:aa9157f0-f348-4641-9ed4-84805b5c52a7">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night : But that's Daff.  If you knew her and knew how strong her feelings were about children, and how many times she has had to argue her opinions and feelings about the topic, you would much more understand where her response came from.  Plus, it's a message board, you're not guaranteed sympathy from anyone, let alone everyone. And that's all I've got.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    I completely get this. There are a lot of people in life who I've gotten to know that I've come around on after a first impression. I don't know her feelings about children, though, which is why it rubbed me the wrong way, because it seemed out of place to me, as a super new lurker at the time. I'm guessing the other people who were posting DID know her well/know the situation, which is why nobody gave any flak about it.
  • By everyone I mean most regs on TK.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:7048e4a1-b0ec-4dbb-b471-5f9dee2fa545">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ignore all fertility posts and issues because I strongly feel that there are too many people on this planet and waaaay too many unwanted children. More people need to adopt. But I know that is an unpop op, so I keep this ish to myself.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually completely agree with this. I just wish they made adoption easier. I think I've mentioned it before but I really want to adopt from Haiti but they require us to be married for a minimum of 10 years before we can even start the process and then it takes a minimum of 1 year to be placed with a child. FI would be 40, at the youngest, before we would be able to bring a kid home. </div>
  • This one time, a poster said she emailed herself a reminder of something to flame in FFF, and she got flamed to high heaven for it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:f55db6f4-fa1a-4f49-8df8-a6f09f256e03">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]This one time, a poster said she emailed herself a reminder of something to flame in FFF, and she got flamed to high heaven for it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, AK.  People still remember it (clearly).  I was going to call that out too J but then I thought I would seem like a big ol' bitch in this friendly thread.  Of course the gutterslut would take care of that though.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • JK, why did she get flamed for that? More than half the FFFs I've read lately have hardly had any flames in them. I bet if more people left reminders the FFFs would be a little more interesting. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:f55db6f4-fa1a-4f49-8df8-a6f09f256e03">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]This one time, a poster said she emailed herself a reminder of something to flame in FFF, and she got flamed to high heaven for it.
    Whaaaaaaat? Why?
  • That's no different than Googling or any other means of remembering. I mean, sure, emailing is a bit extreme, but whatever floats your boat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:2fdccd8e-bc90-4e78-99d5-429f9fe54d91">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]JK, why did she get flamed for that? More than half the FFFs I've read lately have hardly had any flames in them. I bet if more people left reminders the FFFs would be a little more interesting. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

FFFs were not boring at this point in time.

Like, the GOOD FFFs now?  Were the ones that people were complaining were boring then.  So I guess in those people's minds, there was no need to be emailing flames to yourself.  ANd, you know,, people were meaner then.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:c4c48346-5dff-4f1f-8eeb-a0ed6eae255e">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night : Yep, AK.  People still remember it (clearly).  I was going to call that out too J but then I thought I would seem like a big ol' bitch in this friendly thread.  Of course the gutterslut would take care of that though.

I should never have taught you that word.  Hmph.

• Beachy, who is the gutterslut? I love this term, an haven't used it in forever.
  • Well, basically, if you have to write it down to remember it, it's probably not that good of a flame anyways.  Also, it's just kinda weird to me that people think "oh let me write this down so I can remember it on Friday."  If it's flame worthy enough to right it down, just call the person out right then.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:a8d395b2-8f7c-4ff4-b741-40f6147eb3ba">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, basically, if you have to write it down to remember it, it's probably not that good of a flame anyways.  Also, it's just kinda weird to me that people think "oh let me write this down so I can remember it on Friday."  <strong>If it's flame worthy enough to right it down, just call the person out right then.</strong>

Bingo.  I don't get when people save shiit up for a flame thread.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love me some FFF and AYG, but I also love me some calling out right then and there if I can. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:039957ac-cc0b-402c-b06f-682e7f97a456">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night : I should never have taught you that word.  Hmph.

<div>It's definitely my word of the day.  And I'm waiting to use it on someone IRL.  I'm so making this word happen.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Drunky McDrunkerson over there, it's pretty likely that the gutterslut was the one I quoted.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards