Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saturday Night

Re: Saturday Night

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:a8d395b2-8f7c-4ff4-b741-40f6147eb3ba">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, basically, if you have to write it down to remember it, it's probably not that good of a flame anyways.  Also, it's just kinda weird to me that people think "oh let me write this down so I can remember it on Friday."  <strong>If it's flame worthy enough to right it down, just call the person out right then.</strong>
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    I agree with this. But that requires a lot more balls than waiting until FFF, when it's totally accepted and about 0 chance of getting called a biitch for calling someone out. Because of my work hours and not being able to knot during the day, I end up reading a lot of threads many hours after the fact, so if I necro-ed a thread to call someone out right when I saw it, I'd look BSC. Or they'd just never see the call out.
  • Options
    Ha, I read that as "Drunky McDrunkenslut."

Which is far more awesome.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Another stupid question, what does AYG stand for?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Air Your Gripes
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:3085eadd-8f41-4868-86cf-aa2005f15af4">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night : I agree with this. But that requires a lot more balls than waiting until FFF, when it's totally accepted and <strong>about 0 chance of getting called a biitch for calling someone out</strong>. Because of my work hours and not being able to knot during the day, I end up reading a lot of threads many hours after the fact, so if I necro-ed a thread to call someone out right when I saw it, I'd look BSC. Or they'd just never see the call out.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

And I think it totally sucks that people are concerned that they'll be called a bitch for calling something out when it happens.  That's dumb.  (Not dumb that someone would feel that way, but dumb that that's the way things are.)

I do agree that bringing back a dead thread to flame something is iffy.  Those are totally acceptable to save for a FFF, IMO.

• Options
    Air Your Grievances.

• Options
    Yeah pretty much.  FFF has gotten tame because most people on the boards are friends now so it's a more friendly atmosphere all around.  And generally people will just call shiit out when they see it now, which makes for more interesting threads on a regular basis.  

Also, let's face it, an FFF full of "I flame this poster from CC" or "I flame the chick who wanted to dictate her BM's hairstyle" is just boring.  So that's why generally by page 3 the flames are done, unless someone actually flames something good or contraversial.  And no, a newb wanting to dictate hairstyles is neither of those things.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok Drunky McGutterslut.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    But shoes in the house? Totally controversial. 

That in FFF and in the original thread was both the funniest and the dullest thing I have ever read at the same time. How can that be?
  • Options
    Mass FB friendings killed everyone's flaming boners. 

• Options
    Oops, I guess I messed up AYG. I blame the fact that I never go to SB. I wonder where I heard it was "gripes" instead of grievances. Maybe I made that up in my head.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:6ab46eb1-e4db-4121-a7ce-94304f9427d4">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]But shoes in the house? Totally controversial.  That in FFF and in the original thread was both the funniest and the dullest thing I have ever read at the same time. How can that be?
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

<div>And to that I direct you to my post about random chatter by page 3.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Snail, I agree. I couldn't believe there were 3 pages of people talking about whether it's ok to tell someone to take their shoes off or not. All I could gather is that all the ladies were having slow days at work. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]But shoes in the house? Totally controversial.nbsp;That in FFF and in the original thread was both the funniest and the dullest thing I have ever read at the same time. How can that be? Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

I thought the original thread was kind of funny but it was lame how the whole thing was rehashed in FFF for like 5 pages.
  • Options
    I love drunky mcdrunkerslut! I'm in the boat of getting to threads late due to working 125 theater gigs most days. I don't mind being the bad guy from time to time, but honestly, 6 hours later is cruel. And, TK mobile makes it harder to remember posters so notes don't seem that crazy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Once again, TK mobile screws with my post. 12 to 5. I swear, I can use punctuation!
  • Options
    Very true, beachy. Sometimes I wonder why I read the whole FFF thread, even though I know when I'm at the point where there are no more flames coming. I just always think that maybe a good one will be hidden somewhere on the later pages.... it never is.

• Options
    Honestly, I think it's just as "lame" to talk about how boring the FFF was with shoes talk, yet weren't there to change the topic.  Like the many people who complained over and over in that thread that it was being talked about again in FFF, yet did nothing about changing the subject or bringing up other flames.  

Also, that's what FFF often turns into because not everyone is there for the original post (myself included on that one), and then the thread or debate gets rehashed by new people.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:417c3017-ecea-48fc-b5bb-6b176b9bd9ad">Re:Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Once again, TK mobile screws with my post. 12 to 5. I swear, I can use punctuation!
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]
    I thought you were just using hyperbole to explain exactly how many theater gigs you work. This does make more sense. 
  • Options
    FFF's used to give me a little bit of anxiety.  I don'tknow if it was because I was newer back then, or cared more, or what.  I'm glad that doesn't happen anymore.

And my arm feels really weird. 

• Options
    I admit I have no right to hate on the FFFs since I have never contributed. I always seem to miss flame worthy threads and mostly just partake in the chatty ones. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:26c558d6-37c7-4088-b546-382a7441b4c2">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Honestly, I think it's just as "lame" to talk about how boring the FFF was with shoes talk, yet weren't there to change the topic. </strong> Like the many people who complained over and over in that thread that it was being talked about again in FFF, yet did nothing about changing the subject or bringing up other flames.   Also, that's what FFF often turns into because not everyone is there for the original post (myself included on that one), and then the thread or debate gets rehashed by new people.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    This is a good point. It's like complaining about who gets elected president when you didn't go out to vote. I hadn't thought of it that way before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:3349ce8f-607c-4eb4-851f-2c232ccda7e9">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]FFF's used to give me a little bit of anxiety.  I don'tknow if it was because I was newer back then, or cared more, or what.  I'm glad that doesn't happen anymore. And my arm feels really weird. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Is it the arm that was supporting your head while passed out in the gutter?  It's probably just asleep then.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>And yeah, way back when, I used to get a litte nervous reading FFF too.  But then you get called a bitch enough times and then those nerves just go away!</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, google tells me it's becuse I'm having a heart attack, but I'm pretty sure that's not right.

Yeah, I used to be pretty scared to get flamed.  Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure my first actual flame did not happen until after the boardwar.  I'm not counting any of the direct confrontations I was in as a result of the boardwar, of course.

• Options
    I've yet to be called a bitch on TK (to my knowledge) which surprises me because I'm called a bitch on the reg IRL. 
  • Options
    Oh man, you just Beetlejuiced it twice.  

And man, if it's a heart attack you are a fantastic speller and typist during a heart attack.  They should make an award for that.  

Andplusalso, I fucking google everything.  Like seriously EVERYTHING.  The holes I'm finding in my yard?  Google.  Water stain on the ceiling I need to cover?  Google.  Carpenter bees in my deck?  Google.  What's a gutterslut?  Urban dictionary. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-night-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6451e9f2-9cad-4283-81b5-a1b49bf87290Post:96a48425-a9ef-4469-be5f-c1bf1dab9814">Re: Saturday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Well, google tells me it's becuse I'm having a heart attack, but I'm pretty sure that's not right. </strong>Yeah, I used to be pretty scared to get flamed.  Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure my first actual flame did not happen until after the boardwar.  I'm not counting any of the direct confrontations I was in as a result of the boardwar, of course.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>That was my first thought but given your age and the fact you're hanging out on the computer instead of freaking out made me think otherwise. Women tend to have different symptoms anyway. Hypertension maybe? </div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Saturday Night:[QUOTE]Well, google tells me it's becuse I'm having a heart attack, but I'm pretty sure that's not right.Yeah, I used to be pretty scared to get flamed.nbsp; Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure my first actual flame did not happen until after the boardwar.nbsp; I'm not counting any of the direct confrontations I was in as a result of the boardwar, of course. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

I diagnose myself via google on a regular basis. I've had like 20 terminal diseases to date.

I haven't been flamed yet, but I haven't really been around enough. I'll probably get all butthurt when it does happen and then get over it.
  • Options
    Oh Aryn, me too! Ha. We can fix that by calling posters out after threads have been dead for 6 hours though!
  • Options
    I'm nervous that the more I pop up in evening threads, the higher my chances are of ending up in FFF. I know from looking at super old threads that the new FFFs aren't as bad as they used to be, but nobody likes to get called out when they won't be there to respond. I'm still so much of a newb I don't think anyone would really remember me enough to mention me, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards