Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.

Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.

• Options
    In Response to Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.:In Response to Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.: Really? I'm going to google this.Posted by angelstar975Yep!nbsp; I'll give you a hint, it's across from Wawa. Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I googled it, I haven't heard of it. I still don't know the town that well. We just got the house in the fall so this is our first summer. When I'd go down with friends, we went to OC.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I also will enjoy going out and I'll have a good time if I know about it ahead of time and plan to be out.  But yes...last minute plans almost always get a big, fat no from me.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.:[QUOTE]Oh Petal I'm the same way. I hate last minute plans. Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't do this. I need time to... I don't even know. I just like advanced notice.
  • Options
    Edie - I think it's because I already had decided in my head to be lazy or relax and I just feel like I'm going to lose that if I go out. I dunno, it's weird. I will also say that once I go out with friends, I'm usually having a great time out and come home later than I planned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    J, that was me exactly. We would have been such good friends in college.

Two weeks ago my MOH and I split a bottle of wine. She left to go meet up with her guy, I stumbled to bed. Stumbled.
  • Options
    I haven't grown up yet. I still like going out to bars. Bars, though, not clubs. The only time I'll go to a club is if there's a DJ I really want to see.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:9ccbe381-7bce-410f-bba5-09cd94472b2c">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE](because PA has to be the widest state of them all, or at least close)
    Posted by futuremrsbruno[/QUOTE]

From someone who has driven from State College to Lancaster to Pittsburgh to State College to the Jersey shore to State College to Philly to the Poconos back to State College over the course of the last three weekends I tend to agree.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Is it bad that I should of spent the day looking into Security System Companies but instead have done everything else but that? And the only person it would benefit is me. Boo for being terrified of being at home alone.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Eags, h likes to talk shiiit but he's much louder than he thinks he is so I constantly have to remind him that we are not in fact in a bubble and people around us can hear him.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:3c68465c-95df-4e65-8223-d5a99c4ebfa7">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal, the only thing I hate about going out with FI is that he doesn't like when I talk shiiit on other people because he thinks they'll hear me.  I talk a lot of smack on fellow diners and shoppers.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Ok, then we definitely need to go out together. I am known for not having a filter and just say things. Or I make faces or stare and don't realize it and FI will be like "You know you're staring." He usually just shakes his head at me. I'll also say something and then go "That's mean isn't it?" and he just nods.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:3c68465c-95df-4e65-8223-d5a99c4ebfa7">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal, the only thing I hate about going out with FI is that he doesn't like when I talk shiiit on other people because he thinks they'll hear me.  I talk a lot of smack on fellow diners and shoppers.

Oh, you should just move up here and always hang out with me and H then.  This is our favorite thing to do.  We're a-holes.

Bruno, drunk Wed-Sun in college?  Because that was my whole dorm floor freshman year.  We went to a senior keg party our first night of orientation before school even started.  We thought we were such badasses, haha.  I don't know how I made it through freshman year.

• Options
    Eagles, same here. Although, if we go and get a few drinks somewhere, he gets worse than I do and then things get interesting. However, if I can't get any liquor in him, he just starts to remind me of my mom. Lame.

For awhile he would cut me and my MOH off when we were still trying to go out and be sociable. She and I get really mean when we're drinking. He was always convinced we were about to get into a fight. We knew better, there'd be no way any of the people we would talk about would even try it.
  • Options
    Hi guys! My grandparents just left after having dinner with us. I'm in the process of transferring all of my old files from my old Macbook onto our desktop. TAKING FOREVER.

Anywhoo. I like your new sig pic Eags.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I have a friend in a band who always gets annoyd that I wont go to his shows but he always tells me the day of that they are playing. Ive told him I dont go out without notice but he keeps doing it. I feel like I need time to mentally prepare myself for "going out" (socially, not just leaving the house in general) and I cant just drop things and just do it.
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Evening!

Scary stuff here in Toronto, shooting at the mall downtown, 8 were shot, 1 dead, 13 year old in critical condition, a pregnant 30 year trampled. Shooter not caught. So scary =(

I didnt even know about it till I had FI's family calling me to check if I was okay cause i work in the area. I'm really glad I didnt end up going shopping tonight =/

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi MuSu!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:28ec0694-9a6c-4f5b-9c11-6722fd8d24f5">Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't grown up yet. I still like going out to bars. Bars, though, not clubs. The only time I'll go to a club is if there's a DJ I really want to see.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I prefer clubs, or at least bars with dance floors.  I just like to dance.  I guess I don't really like clubs...so bars with dance floors.  Ha.

• Options
    In Response to Re:Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.:Petal, the only thing I hate about going out with FI is that he doesn't like when I talk shiiit on other people because he thinks they'll hear me.nbsp; I talk a lot of smack on fellow diners and shoppers.Posted by EaglesBride2012Ok, then we definitely need to go out together. I am known for not having a filter and just say things. Or I make faces or starenbsp;and don't realize it andnbsp;FI will be like "You know you're staring." He usually just shakes his head at me. I'll also say something and then go "That's mean isn't it?" and he just nods. Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

We should all have a GTG if you come in March. I'm actually more reserved, but get a few drinks in me, I'll be good to go :
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:e1b30ecf-09d4-49a9-837d-f9dee69c6c35">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening! Scary stuff here in Toronto, shooting at the mall downtown, 8 were shot, 1 dead, <strong>13 year old in critical condition, a pregnant 30 year trampled</strong>. Shooter not caught. So scary =( I didnt even know about it till I had FI's family calling me to check if I was okay cause i work in the area. I'm really glad I didnt end up going shopping tonight =/
    Posted by DileniN[/QUOTE]
    I heard about this happening but I didnt hear that. Thats terrible. Wtf is with people at/around the eaton centre. Guns + malls dont mix!
  • Options
    Hey steelz. :)

I make faces all the time and don't know it too. People have often told me that I am aloof and intimidating because I don't look friendly, haha.
  • Options
    Wed=Sun, the occasional Tuesday... yeah that was my college life. I still passed though. My prof for one of my early classes was always impressed that I would party til the wee hours, yet still make it to class and be active. No one else ever was.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Edie- Iguess it never dawned on me to get one until H was like "Hey I'm going camping! See ya" Then I get all whiney and helpless. I was going to go to my parents for the weekend until I realized I'd probably never hear the end of it :/ Time to put my big girl pants on..
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Dileni, that's awful. It's sad all around but the pregnant woman somehow bugs me the most.
  • Options
    I only dance when I'm drunk unless it's line dancing and I'm sure I look like an idiot but I also don't give a shiiit when I'm drunk.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:b1531001-8dc5-4f0a-80a0-26b75ee0fb61">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : I heard about this happening but I didnt hear that. Thats terrible. Wtf is with people at/around the eaton centre. Guns + malls dont mix!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Yeah the police just released those injured in their release a couple of minutes ago, apparently the lady is in labour right now. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Holy crap, Dilen. That is scary. I hope they catch the shooter ASAP.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Uuugh thats terrible :( I hope shes ok.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:9f017706-1033-49fa-84c2-f8cdd189f3e5">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently I make faces all the time.  He swears I'm going to get beaten up in a parking lot one day.  I do it a lot at Target.  Whatever, people are awful. 

Ha!  I love you.

I get in the most trouble at movie theatres.  I have a big issue with people being stupid at movie theatres, and H once had to drag me out before a verbal altercation between me and the asshole middle aged man behind me who kicked the back of my seat and talked through the whole movie turned physical.  Like, I was clenching up some fists and getting ready to throw punches...even though I've never been in a real fight in my life.  I'm ridiculous.

• Options
    One time in college my bf and I went to a mall on a Sunday. It was closed but I didn't get that right away and kept pulling on the door. Some little kid said something about me being "loco" and I started going off to bf about how dare that kid say I'm crazy. Then I proceeded to act crazy yelling at them and being stupid.

Nice story.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm great Eags! I just noticed your ticker and i can't believe August is that close already. Crazypants.

It takes a lot of energy to 'go out', so I need lots of mental preparation too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards