Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.

Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.

• Options
    Musical - I love the drive-in. We've been watching the listings for ours because we wanted to see the Avengers there. We ended up just going to a regular theater. This weekend I thought they would put it in with MIBIII but no they had to put that with Dark Shadows and ruin all my plans.
  • Options
    Loops and Nebb, I love both of those ideas.

MuSu, the problem will be finding a weekend.  But let's try!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Oh, it looks like I'm getting ready to have dinner. Finally. FI's old friend randomly texted him. They haven't talked in almost 2 years, I was in the bedroom on here and all of the sudden the friend is here. That's great and all, but anytime I randomly make plans without talking to FI, or someone comes over before we've cleaned up I hear about it. So I had to give it back to him a little.

Now he's making the dinner he was going to make 3 hours ago.
  • Options
    The drive in is awesome. I love bringing a cooler of food, blankets, and lawn chairs. Good stuff. :)

That IS the problem, J. I'm thinking July weekends are the best for me because this month is nuts. I could do an August weekend too but July is the most open.
  • Options
    July sucks for me.  Except maybe the last weekend.

• Options
    Aw thats sweet, Eagles. :) Good night!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Night eagles!

I thought I was being super smart sneaking beers into the drive in last year. I kept having to go pee and completely missed both movies. It was stupid. Dont drink at the drive in.
  • Options
    Night Eagles! 

• Options
    Night!

I just love that you can see two movies for the price of not even one. That alone is my incentive. We have two around us and I still feel like we never make it to the drive-in enough.
  • Options
    Well I could do pretty much any weekend in July or August. So I guess you can take your pick, haha. And then we should prob ask fishy too. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hahaha I've never brought beer to the drive-in, but we did bring in Cosmos to see Sex and the City 2. I felt like it was needed.
  • Options
    As long as I was going to jail because I was able to show someone what a douche they really were, I'd be okay with it. I feel like that's something you could explain away in a job interview.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I've never seen Sex and the City. I started watching the movie the other day on TV and figured I should stop since I was easily sucked in. 

I missing something extra special? 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Also, after last nights thread, I am totally blasting RENT right now. It has been too long since I've listened to it. My studio in HS did a production musical theatre (or "broadway" as they characterized it on SYTYCD) number with a mashup of 4 RENT songs. We won a shitton of awards for it at competition too. That was a blast.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:087b7192-e038-4b2c-aac1-edb9aa7c273f">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've never seen Sex and the City.</strong> I started watching the movie the other day on TV and figured I should stop since I was easily sucked in.   I missing something extra special? 
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]
    What?!
  • Options
    Yes. You need to go and get and watch the series. Now. Then we will discuss.

Although, you said you were 24? I've noticed my younger friends (I'm 28) don't think it's all that great of a show. I didn't think so when I was like 18 and it first started, but when I hit my early/mid twenties I changed my mind and own the complete collection. Next to Friends it is my favorite series. Ever.
  • Options
    I've never watched SATC either. Never appealed to me but I think that is because SJP's face makes me want to strangle something. Which I can't really explain.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:732017b5-193f-4cb8-9ce6-d409061ac8c1">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I could do pretty much any weekend in July or August. So I guess you can take your pick, haha. And then we should prob ask fishy too. ;)
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>If you go to Fargo the weekend I'm in MSP, I'll cuttabitch.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:ef967853-e1f3-41f8-a541-a7848b329a29">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : If you go to Fargo the weekend I'm in MSP, I'll cuttabitch.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Haha I wouldn't do that! :) I stay in town when the fair is going. ;)
  • Options
    You do eventually get past that with SJP. She looks less crackheadish and much better in the later seasons. I think it was the hair. When she cut it, it did wonders for her.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I just got back from the movie theater.  FI and I saw MIB III.  It was a lot better than the second one.  

Thankfully our theater wasn't too full and we still got our favorite seats (the ones right behind a railing so we can put our feet up), even thought we got there ten minutes before the movie started.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:0b2e6668-2206-452b-8b54-824af51d371b">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread. : What?!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know.. :( We didn't have HBO.. I'll look into it! Within the first 5 minutes of watching Carrie struck me as fabulous! 

</div>
  • Options
    I watched the first MIB, and maybe the second, I don't remember. They didn't do much for me. Will Smith is 'meh' for me. I did enjoy Hitch a little though.
  • Options
    I've only seen one or two random episodes of SatC.  
  • Options
    She is fabulous. You will love it. I promise. Although, she will do things that will piss you off. It's okay though, the fashion on that show alone will make you forgive her.

• Options
    I think I'm going to call it a night.  I'm ready for bed.
  • Options
    Good night Stlrz.  
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_afternooneveningeverything-in-between-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6811456a-d7c4-4b72-aa4e-5eea9d070bf7Post:993d1dc5-796e-46b1-a4b7-eed488816d9a">Re: Afternoon/evening/everything in between thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]She is fabulous. You will love it. I promise. Although, she will do things that will piss you off. It's okay though, the fashion on that show alone will make you forgive her.
    Posted by futuremrsbruno[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm sure, however i don't know if my darling husband will forgive me for getting sucked in to another "girly" show! haha I always figured it would be totally up my alley, but No HBO, no S&tC. I will definitely look into netflxing or buy a season! 

</div>
  • Options
    Loopy, I just said What? like Nebbs did. You must go watch the series. I realized about halfway into the series that I see a little of my friends in each character.

How was MIBIII? Loved the first one. I'll even do the dance from the music video if someone plays it. Wasn't the biggest fan of MIBII, though.

And I love Hitch. We're doing the soul train line at the end of the movie at our reception. My brother is working on jumping my FI when he does the split.
  • Options
    Night Stirz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards