Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday Night

So I was stumbling around on Pinterest (surprise!) and one of Emily's wedding photos was pinned there. She's reality tv show AND pinterest famous now! I'm not going to post the pin for privacy reasons (unless she tells me it's ok), but it was basically someone pinning it for Etsy inspiration.

Anyway, I think I might have found a car for us. We're going to go to the dealership tomorrow after we get the keys to our apartment.

Re: Monday Night

• Options
    MK, congrats on the car.

Also, I think a small piece of me dies every time a night thread starts while I am still at work.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Sounds great MK. What kind of car? I'm at bowling and it is going by slowly. It was a long day at work so I'm ready to be home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's a 2006 Mazda 5. I hope it all works out. We'll have to finance a small portion of it, but it's far less than what we currently owe on my car.
  • Options
    Mazdas are so cute!  It's great that you don't have to finance too much of it.  I'm in a lease right now and regretting that I've essentially signed up for endless car payments.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Hello. I just cooked this (click). I found it on pinterest. I can't wait to see how it comes out.
  • Options
    I've never leased a car. My stepdad just leased a Chevy Cruz Eco Edition. He pays like nothing a month because he had so much equity on his Jeep that he traded in. The only downside is he won't have a trade in if he decides not to buy the car once the lease is up.
  • Options
    Oooh let me know Aleigh. I know I've got that one pinned to try.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:03a0a707-00b7-499d-8d12-3b1e702d194c">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello. I just cooked this  (click). I found it on pinterest. I can't wait to see how it comes out.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

OMG there's bacon in it.  Aleigh, I'm trying this ASAP, it looks fantastic.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Crfb I wish I cooked as much as I pinned. I know I'll cook much more once we've finally settled, but for now it's just quick meals for me.
  • Options
    Mk, do you like pumpkin or what? haha
  • Options
    Oooh, aleigh, that looks delicious.  I wish H liked zucchini (or any squash).  It makes me sad.
    Anniversary

• Options
    That is a busy night Holly. Are you required to do premarital counseling or are you doing it by choice?
  • Options
    Zucchini is one of my favorite foods. I had it in my pasta last night and I'm having it tonight too haha
  • Options
    Chrissy I'll make sure you're on the list for my next dinner party.

Aleigh I was reclassifying my desert board and wanted the pumpkin recipes on their own board, but also wanted them on their category boards (I'm a little anal, sorry). In order to do that I had to repin them to one of the boards. You can only edit to one board. It's complicated, but I promise I'm done. :-)
  • Options
    Hi!  Trying to decompress a bit before doing stuff for my mortgage application.
  • Options
    Heyo.  I'm just hanging out.  I was on Pinterest and I noticed when I searched for specific stuff now it won't let you 'see more' at the bottom.  It's irritating me.

Em is a celeb, love it!
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I can't decide whether I am in desperate need of Pinterest or whether it would guarantee the complete death of my productivity and therefore should be avoided at all costs.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Aww that's good they saved the cat Holly.

Mica breathe. You'll get through it. You'll be one step closer to owning your own home!
  • Options
    Hello.  H is working tonight so it's just me at home. I'm procrastinating doing my homework.  The book I'm reading is for my gender studies class, and I just finished a lengthy and distasteful chapter on rape in 18th century New England, and I needed a break.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I'm so glad to hear about the kitty and so glad that the firefighters did whatever they could to save it. They must have pets.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:3819884f-51c2-4745-aad9-b3c3d78862f4">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't decide whether I am in desperate need of Pinterest or whether<strong> it would guarantee the complete death of my productivity and therefore should be avoided at all costs.</strong>
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is definitely a true fact.  I love it, but now I wish I didn't have this pesky job getting in my way of pinning.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    Steph everyone needs a little pinterest in their lives.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:dba72eda-0479-4d2b-ae2f-98d9c789aaad">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello.  H is working tonight so it's just me at home. I'm procrastinating doing my homework.  The book I'm reading is for my gender studies class, and I just finished a lengthy and distasteful chapter on rape in 18th century New England, and I needed a break.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm taking a gender studies class too. It's super boring though. We're focusing on human rights.</div>
  • Options
    I need to find more friends who pin food. Mine keep pinning things I don't care about. I want a new car but I'm driving mine till it dies. No car payment trumps a new car.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bay I would need a break after that too.
  • Options
    Yeah, Aleigh, I'm not a huge fan either, but because I work full time I have a very limited gap of time in the evenings to have classes, so I sort of have to take whatever is going on in the late evening.  So that's what I took.  The teacher is my adviser, I've had her before and I know her expectations, so that's making things a little easier.  But reading about dozens of sexual assault cases gets a little difficult.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Can it please be FFF soon?  CindyN is making my head want to explode.

ETA:  I feel like I have spent half my posting time on some version of "For the love of all that is good in the world, please don't listen to her" today.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Petal are you following me? Lots of food pins.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:bcad8a2e-881b-46a1-ba45-515e0e8f7270">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph everyone needs a little pinterest in their lives.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Truefact.
  • Options
    I'm slightly afraid to ask, since I think I'm headed down a slippery slope towards a state of utter non-productivity, but how does one get on Pinterest, if one were to want to join?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards