Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday Night

1234568»

Re: Monday Night

• Options
    I remember watching the tv show JAG. It only had like one or two seasons. I was sad.
  • Options
    I never saw JAG - I am more of a Law & Order girl.  I prefer SVU, but I'll watch any of the versions in a pinch.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Yeah, J and I are trying to get to a place where we live together all year long, I don't think that would help much there, haha.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:b671a5b5-16c8-4445-aac0-75827c4466ea">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin which academy? Naval? MuSu I feel like most basic trainings are 6-8 weeks. But I'm not in the military so I could be making that up.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>He's a Corrections Officer, so exactly like the police academy. Lots of training about how to physically control inmates. That sounds so bad, but people should remember that CO's don't carry guns. Even police that go into the jail don't carry guns, they're all checked at the door. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:5e5d8fdf-4700-4d18-859c-1fa0682b3c99">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never saw JAG - I am more of a Law & Order girl.  I prefer SVU, but I'll watch any of the versions in a pinch.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

I love me some SVU.
  • Options
    Oh yeah duh. I knew he was a CO. I can imagine that training would be tough. How do you subdue prisoners when you are on the same playing field as them? Do they have anything? Or no weapons?
  • Options
    MK, they're not supposed to have weapons but they will routinely make stabbing weapons out of whatever's handy.

Erin - huge props to your H for being a CO.  That is one of the toughest jobs on the planet.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:5e5d8fdf-4700-4d18-859c-1fa0682b3c99">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never saw JAG - I am more of a Law & Order girl.  I prefer SVU, but I'll watch any of the versions in a pinch.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

<div>Like.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MK - YGPM back :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Steph I know the prisoners have no weapons. I was asking about the COs.
  • Options
    Petal YG2PM because TK is the suck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:4c1d3ed1-5add-4df2-9182-c6ee93c37853">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah duh. I knew he was a CO. I can imagine that training would be tough. How do you subdue prisoners when you are on the same playing field as them? <strong>Do they have anything? Or no weapons?</strong>
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>As of right now the jail my H works in has nothing. They use some techniques to subdue if needed, like pressure points. If someone is really wild they have to call in deputies to tase people. It doesn't happen too often. In a few months they will all be allowed to carry tasers. I'm so happy for them. Cops have guns. CO's have their hands. My 135 pound, 5'8 H isn't a match against one of their "regulars" who is over 6'8 and completely insane. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7c69f535-dbbd-4729-88f5-2f8e7ae93ecfPost:ff5ffae1-a2e7-4195-9999-789f26c35675">Re: Monday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph I know the prisoners have no weapons. I was asking about the COs.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>Whoops, reading comprehension fail.  In the prison I visited as part of a class, they had no weapons, I think on the theory that they didn't want the COs to have anything they wouldn't want the prisoners to get their hands on, but I would imagine that varies regionally.  (I believe they also had riot gear and emergency mace/nightsticks/etc. available but stored in a secure room in case of prison riots or something.)</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Hi Kelly!!
  • Options
    Erin, I never expected to type this sentence, but yay for tasers.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    That's good they're getting tasers.

Hi KJB!!

I'm actually going to head to bed. We get the keys to our apartment tomorrow! Squee! And I've got to drive to Northern VA to do so.
  • Options
    MK, hooray for your new apartment!

I'm also going to bed, because Jurassic Park III just ended and I need to get some sleep so I can get up early and let Tony Horton kick my butt again tomorrow.  Night all!
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Night MK.

I think I'm going to go although I just got back here. It seems this is the only thread that wants to work for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Goodnight Steph, Petal, and MK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards