Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AEs posting stuff

So, I get the quinn AE that posted about her potential drug using FI because we don't tend to forgive Hs and FIs easily.  Whit and Jessjo are good examples of that.

But the one about the MBA program and the new one about the singer guy, really?  These aren't so sensitive that you can't just ask as yourself. 

I hope this isn't a trend that's going to continue.  Discussion anyone?  Am I way off base?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AEs posting stuff

• Options
    I agree.  I don't understand why this one was posted by an AE.  It actually makes me think MUD because there is no reason this couldn't have been posted by a regular user.  Or a non-regular.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options

Agreed Dani.  Agreed.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I completely agree. I almost asked that in the MBA thread earlier.  Seems a little silly to me.

If it's a seriously private issue-- excellent.  Go for it.  I want people to reach out and get help in potentially dangerous situations, but please don't trivialize it by making an AE to ask about your ridiculous schooling issue.
  • Options
    I think in the last 2 that perhaps having more information about who was asking the question would help us to give better advice, too. I think sensitive things and deep family secrets could warrant an AE, but yeah, I agree.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If it's something that really bothers the person (as clearly this most recent one does or they wouldn't be having qualms about having the person sing), I don't see the problem in posting as an AE.  What does it really matter?  The person needs some advice, who cares who they are?  Perhaps they think they're more likely to be believed and get useful advice if they preface it with "I'm a reg posting under an AE".

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was thinking that it was a little lame. It's a career thing, not an, "I'm struggling with anorexia and I can't tell anyone" thing.
  • Options
    The singer guy one involved potential abuse that the poster may have suffered as a child so I can understand why that one was anon. 

What does the "E" in AE stand for?
  • Options
    I'm with you. I mean, ShelleyDiane posted about her concerns about continuing in her educational program one day and then that was over. Deciding whether or not to finish a degree isn't something very judge-worthy, IMO, like having a drug-addicted FI. Not sure why it's a secret.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Maybe they don't want anyone to think poorly of them?  Like they don't want to be judged for whatever choice they make?  I obviously have no problem doing that but some more shy or even insecure people might.  I don't think it does any harm though. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    I don't really get it either. I mean...what's the point? To maintain a facade about who you really are?

A lot of regular posters have posted personal information and people have been pretty helpful.

I mean, I get that it's not really all that smart to share super personal information on the internet, but a couple of these have made me wonder why to go to all the trouble to create an AE?

Unless you think the board hates you and will give you bad advice or not answer maybe?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    well my peeping picture in the newest one just looks so out of place now. but I'm leavin' it.

• Options
    You're tellin' me, Vallyhooha.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I agree - if you are going to use an AE either ask a really bad question full of MUD or ask something you don't want held over your head for the next foreseeable future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is there a HA on the end of my name? IS THERE? I think not. I'm going to create an AE.
  • Options
    Cranberry -- AE = Alter Ego or E-go? Ok no. It's Ego.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Being called Vallyhooha is painful because it reminds you of the time that you showed your hooha in a vally, right?  RIGHT?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aes-posting-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8dcc1004-da1f-44f4-8a54-a5799f7f606fPost:bc810277-ffc5-44bf-9f4e-88300280acbd">Re: AEs posting stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a HA on the end of my name? IS THERE? I think not. I'm going to create an AE.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

If you become VallyhooHA we'll know who you are.

WE WILL.

It'll also mean that you moved from Florida to Hawaii and just wanted to let us all know. So we could come visit.

• Options
    Amoro I don't wannatalkabout it!
    :P

Hawaii (!?) I can handle hurrcalanes but no volcanoes. Oh there's an idea for an AE TheValcano. kabloom!
  • Options
    Well now I just feel like a jerk.  ::kicks dirt::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We all know if you created an AE it would be oohyllav. Since your other one is ehcsifrc.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    don't feel like a jerk Dani! I agree with you. I know that people in the past have shared things and then had them held over their heads, but there have also been other people who have shared under their own SNs, gotten good advice and it was never brought up again. This happened with OWN I believe.

And nice try Fishy. I am not EWE.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aes-posting-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8dcc1004-da1f-44f4-8a54-a5799f7f606fPost:a4b1cf4b-b459-4ece-b787-58a568060c7f">Re: AEs posting stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amoro I don't wannatalkabout it! :P Hawaii (!?) I can handle hurrcalanes but no volcanoes. Oh there's an idea for an AE TheValcano. kabloom!
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

Isn't HA the...nevermind.  It's HI.  Well, crap.  That's what I get for trying to be smart AND funny at the same time.  I barely manage one effectively.

• Options
    oh I knew what you meant Mooseh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aes-posting-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8dcc1004-da1f-44f4-8a54-a5799f7f606fPost:eee30b62-fc44-440e-83af-1c817f0ddb5a">Re: AEs posting stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well now I just feel like a jerk.  ::kicks dirt::
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Don't. I think it's kinda lame too. With the exception of yesterday's post by Quinn. It's going to go off the deepend I think.
  • Options
    Dani I totally agree with you.  You aren't a jerk - you have to keep this place in order.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jeebus, Dani, don't feel like a jerk.

I could see this AE thing becoming a pattern. Which A) if it's a tough subject, then yay. I'm glad you're talking about something OR B) if you are undecided about what to have for lunch, just post as yourself.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I agree with you, Dani.  The first time someone created an AE to discuss a problem, it was like "Ok, I guess we should take this seriously".  But, if people are going to create them 3 times a day for minor issues, I'm not going to care or take them seriously anymore.
  • Options
    The AE thing is a double edged sword.  I'm glad people feel comfortable posting and getting help that way, but at the same time it opens it up to people using them to post MUD.

I also think it's interesting that it's been so slow here this week and that's when the AEs start popping up.

• Options
    Kiki, if you feel that this is a minor issue for me, then I'm not sure what else there is to say.
  • Options
    Ok, can you answer me this...Why does it matter to you?  I am trying to figure out why it matters what screen name anyone posts anything under; whether a regular or not?
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards