Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good Evening

Re: Good Evening

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:087fcd70-c3b8-4bbb-bce7-bb81d5e0d12c">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finished it. I just agree a whole lot with Stacks et al.  I also found it interesting that for everyone flaming the people that flamed Stefffi, no one named names there.  I was one of the biggest bitchasses (at least until I left, I didn't reaad anything after that), and I wouldn't have been surprised to see my name there, but there was nothing.  So that was weird.  I just think if you're going to flame, flame.  Name names, stand by your shiiit, and just do it.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't read the end of it until a bit ago.  But i thought it interesting that so many people were flaming non specific people (such as me.  not that they named me) for being mean about Steffi (and made me feel guilty for being mean.) and then talking about how it's crap that people can't be "mean" anymore.  So which is it?  Do you want people to be mean, or do you want them to feel like they're ruining some poor anorexic girl's life?</div>
  • Options
    I think I was the first to say it was weird to flame someones diet, but I didn't see what Steffi had originally posted so I didn't call anyone out.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    J, I don't know how many of them went and actually looked at the thread the Seff talked about calories. I also made a crude joke about being glad I ate more than 600 calories a day because I was chowing down on some popcorn. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:006ee295-fe1a-4221-bec7-e776ec7e3135">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : I didn't read the end of it until a bit ago.  But i thought it interesting that so many people were flaming non specific people (such as me.  not that they named me) for being mean about Steffi (and made me feel guilty for being mean.) and then talking about how it's crap that people can't be "mean" anymore.  So which is it?  Do you want people to be mean, or do you want them to feel like they're ruining some poor anorexic girl's life?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was a whole lot of back and forth.  I like it mean, personally.  Because then I don't need to feel like I'm always being an asshole, or like I have to not be an asshole because I'll be the only one (or me and Eags).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Hi again everyone!  Hi Mrs. Jesse!
  • Options
    Oh, and I'm all for people being mean if they feel like it. There are just a few subjects I am personally touchy about (food and menstruation being a couple examples) so I guess those are the areas where I will defend people beyond all reason apparently.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:bcf9371f-2f2f-4fb8-8793-e6c9af9c11f0">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : Yeah, there was a whole lot of back and forth.  I like it mean, personally.  Because then I don't need to feel like I'm always being an asshole, or like I have to not be an asshole because I'll be the only one (or me and Eags).

<div>I mean, i don't necessarily like it mean.  I don't need for people to be ripping each other new assholes over a typo, but I don't like being made to feel guilty for being so mean, and then the same folks talk about how lame E is now that no one is mean. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:0b4d6356-d65e-410d-9c12-826518aec570">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, I don't know how many of them went and actually looked at the thread the Seff talked about calories. I also made a crude joke about being glad I ate more than 600 calories a day because I was chowing down on some popcorn. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

There were plenty of people flaming that were in last night's thread where it was discussed again though. 

I mean, I don't want to start FFF2.0 here, especialyl because I need to leave soon, I just would have liked to be involved in the discussion.  Stupid work.

• Options
    Also, I often feel like I do things that get other people flamed (like talk about my job or my cat incessantly), but I don't hear a word about it.  And I don't get that.  Especially since I'm not nearly as scary and mean as I used to be.  Sometimes I wish people would flame me more because I don't want people to feel like they have to tiptoe around me, which is how I feel when people are constantly saying in polls/HO threads/etc that I intimidate(d) them. 

Which is probably just really self absorbed and ridiculous of me, and people probably don't care/think about me at all, but it's hard to not see those discrepancies. 

I don't think I'm making sense anymore.

• Options
    Well, our new regs are "nicer," so everyone vagueknots.  And complains that we're not fun any more.  
  • Options
    Heh, I found you intimidating before I was posting regularly.  And then you were one of the very first people that I had a conversation with.  You aren't afraid to call someone out, but I don't see you doing it when it doesn't seem to me to be warranted.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:ea4b1d0f-b544-462c-a8e7-9f9aab0c28e4">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heh, I found you intimidating before I was posting regularly.  And then you were one of the very first people that I had a conversation with.  You aren't afraid to call someone out, but I don't see you doing it when it doesn't seem to me to be warranted.

Didn't I flame you early on too?  I seem to remember doing it, but I can't remember why.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:fb71f91a-3c48-42da-8f97-04df533a17ea">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I often feel like I do things that get other people flamed (like talk about my job or my cat incessantly), but I don't hear a word about it.  And I don't get that.  Especially since I'm not nearly as scary and mean as I used to be.  Sometimes I wish people would flame me more because I don't want people to feel like they have to tiptoe around me, which is how I feel when people are constantly saying in polls/HO threads/etc that I intimidate(d) them.  Which is probably just really self absorbed and ridiculous of me, and people probably don't care/think about me at all, but it's hard to not see those discrepancies.  I don't think I'm making sense anymore.

Eh, I think some people can talk about their job and cat a lot without being obnoxious about it, and some people are just annoying as fuuuck when they talk about the same stuff. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to it.

I have never found you intimidating if that makes you feel better. I am not easily intimidated though. I can't really think of anyone on TK who has really intimidated me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Dinner was good.  Charcuterie, then shrimp and grits.  And good wine.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:a4689bb0-d769-4942-955c-54f4435c58a3">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : Eh, I think some people can talk about their job and cat a lot without being obnoxious about it, and some people are just annoying as fuuuck when they talk about the same stuff. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have never found you intimidating if that makes you feel better. I am not easily intimidated though. I can't really think of anyone on TK who has really intimidated me.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not obnoxious then!  I FEEL obnoxious sometimes, so like I said before, it must just be a case of me being self absorbed and thinking people care about me way more than they do.  Ha! 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:874a2531-bbdf-4702-a4d2-a6d962878784">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : Didn't I flame you early on too?  I seem to remember doing it, but I can't remember why.

<div>I don't remember.  So clearly, it affected me greatly.  You weren't the one who flamed me for being too mean in WR threads, right?  I don't remember who that was, but I thought that was fucking stupid. So it likely wasn't you.</div>
  • Options
    I snapped at a newb once, and everyone jumped on me for it.  Well, except for Daff, who thought it was funny.
  • Options
    What is charcuterie?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:cf7c1254-5f1c-4cd6-85bd-1e653161d03c">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : I don't remember.  So clearly, it affected me greatly.  You weren't the one who flamed me for being too mean in WR threads, right?  I don't remember who that was, but I thought that was fucking stupid. So it likely wasn't you.

Haha, I doubt it.  I only call people out for being mean if it seems truly unfounded.  Which I have done from time to time, because sometimes people jump on people (especialyl newbs) for no fuucking reason and it's stupid.

• Options
    Cured meats, mostly.
  • Options
    Sounds delightful!  Sounds better than pizza, in any case! 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:09b57f86-af80-4512-bc49-e344171eb5f1">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is charcuterie?

The best thing ever.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:39a54345-3b64-4823-ba75-3841aa10ca5d">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : The best thing ever.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

Haha...most helpful post EVAR ;)

• Options
    I guess no one here watches Modern Family.
  • Options
    Guilty as charged.

• Options
    MrsJesse, why did you make so many cupcakes?!

I want to drink some tea, but it's freaking 80 degrees here still, at 10pm.  That is soooo not ok.

• Options
    I wish I could steal Anna's line and call myself fancy as fuuuck.
  • Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:c1033c4b-c97b-4930-9eb6-a337b95b3eb7">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Evening : Haha...most helpful post EVAR ;)

Well, Mica already explained it. But yeah, delicious cured meats. Sometimes cheese, which is cool, sometimes pate or pickles which I am less fond of. But I love cured meats more than pretty much any other food.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:91fdc4c2-4996-42fd-a7e2-386512d3e4efPost:02ccde38-5da4-4280-908c-5a64af1dda15">Re: Good Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dinner was good.  Charcuterie, then shrimp and grits.  And good wine.  :)
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    omg that sounds awesome.

OK - so here's what kind of bugs me about the change in tone over the years. And I've been around longer than just about anyone here except oot and Lynda. Used to be half the fun was mocking people's weddings, and now the overwhelming consensus is that that's off limits. That's kind of a boner killer for me, and it probably makes me a bitchhhh, but oh well. I like the board now for different reasons than I did then. And I'm generally mellower than I was a few years ago so there's that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards