Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:621bfa12-bbba-44e4-b88e-5f629cbafd73">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Yea, that was still probably an exaggeration. I know the guy at the liquor store better than any of the people at Kroger. I obviously have awesome priorities.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

The people at "our" wine and beer straight know us.  At least 3-4 asked how the wedding was, they ask us when the honeymoon is, how the latest batch of beer H brewed turned out, etc.  They know H's dad and the fact that he IS H's dad, even though they've only been in together twice.  Like "Oh, your dad will love this wine- he got this chardonnay last week and though it was fantastic."

Best store and best staff ever.
  • Options
    Plus all the booze.  Don't forget the booze, A. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I never see coupons for things I buy. It's annoying.

I am catching up but someone mentioned a kid peeing on the toilet seat and it reminded me. This weekend we went to a restaurant and when I went to the bathroom there was a lady with 5 kids running all around the bathroom and one of them I SWEAR was a 9 year old boy in the women's bathroom. Come the fuuuck on, a 9 year old can pee in the men's restroom by himself. I judge that lady hard.

I also judge people who don't look at the menu before getting in line. I don't have time for you to fucking hum and haw about what you want after you have been standing in line for 10 minutes talking on your phone instead of looking at the menu.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:83ec61f9-ac36-4090-bd38-a5909aec6b9f">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : For real.  I swear we end up at the store at least once or twice a week for little stuff.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    We do too, I wish we didn't! The goal is to make a list, using what's on sale that week + what I have coupons for and spend as little as possible and not go back...but that rarely happens. <div>
    </div><div>We also never follow our damn meal plans and have left over meals and items for those meals and forget about them. Rawr.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:27306802-d6da-43ba-8991-aeeae9587b38">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Well everyone's loved ones are the light of their lives. But it doesn't mean you deserve special consideration over anyone else on the road. Yanno? Everyone's going to be pissed if someone hits them. That's not the issue.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]
    My brakes failed once and I rear-ended a family that had a six-month old baby in the car.  I felt terrible, even though I was in a parking lot at the time and my car was going MAYBE 5 miles an hour.  There was no damage done to either car.

I stopped feeling terrible when the family tried to claim that I had "emotionally damaged" their baby.  Really?  The kid wasn't even crying in the aftermath of the accident.  Nobody was hurt.  They even declined to go to the hospital.  Thankfully they dropped it, probably after their agent told them to.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:343deab7-2f76-424c-bbb9-cb0869b9d00b">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Plus all the booze.  Don't forget the booze, A. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

Of course!  Although I'm trying to cut down on the booze during the week again.  I need H to go to the store.  If I go it's almost a guarantee I'll buy wine while I'm there.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:83ec61f9-ac36-4090-bd38-a5909aec6b9f">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : For real.  I swear we end up at the store at least once or twice a week for little stuff.

<div>We have a produce share that is delivered to us each week.</div><div>
    </div><div>And honestly, we go out to eat, a lot.  </div><div>
    </div><div>And booze?  There is a wine shop right down the street.</div>
  • Options
    We go once a month, but yeah we will end up going back for small stuff and like produce, I love fruit but you can only eat so much before it goes bad.
  • Options
    LDY...NC has Harris Teeter.  They double coupons up to .99 every day (up to 20 a day), some weeks they have triple coupons, where they triple everything up to .99, and some weeks like this week, they have Super Doubles, which doubles anything up to $2.00.  You can also load them onto your VIC card as well. 

Holy run on sentence. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:8a27e91e-1952-49e8-82ca-4f0106bbb214">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know how there are still Dominicks open Amy.  Their prices are insane.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

<div>Everything is effing expensive in the city.  The grocery store that was across the street from my last place was like $6 for a small box of cereal.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We go shopping like every three weeks. Sometimes less. Our produce must be full of preservatives because most of them last like 2 weeks. Then we do things like shepherds pie, chicken pot pie, tacos, and stuff that doesn't need fresh produce on the last week before we go to the store.
  • Options
    I know Amy - when H lived in the city, he would pick up food out by me when he was over and bring it home.  I was nice to be able to just walk to the grocery store though.  I can't walk anywhere here, it sucks.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've heard, Gurl! I'm excited. Nerdy excited. 

I cannot wait until we move. H's family says we'll be back. I hope they're wrong - I think it's dickish of them to say.
  • Options
    I judge people who say "Oh, you'll be back" (like in LDYs case) or "Just wait until you have kids" or something equally shitty. I cannot even say "I'm tired" without someone saying "Just wait until you have kids!" STFU. I'm still tired RIGHT NOW.
  • Options
    I went out on a date once with a guy with a Star of David tattoo.  He thought it would be less offensive to his (Jewish) mother than a tattoo of something else.

That guy was an idiot.  No second date for him.

I judge all the psychiatrists who work in my building.  I was hired to provide primary care for their patients.  Somehow that has morphed into me providing primary care and psychiatry for their patients.  If I'm managing the dementia, behavior issues and depression, what on earth are they doing?
  • Options
    Obviously not their jobs, Mica. 

I couldn't do your job, btw. Nope. I'd cry all the time. Or want to beat the relatives who don't visit - like in Water for Elephants.
  • Options
    I seriously would not even think of offering a pregnant lady the bathroom before me. I guess I am just that self absorbed when I have to pee. But I would offer the big stall to a woman with small children, I'm not THAT much of an asshole.

I almost always let people with a few items in front of me go before us at the checkout. The other day we were running SO LATE to our friends party but we had to stop at the store for a few things. We only had like ten things so we went in the 15 or less aisle, and the guy behind us only had like 2 things and I felt like an asshole not telling him to go in front, but we were really in that much of a rush, but we only had ten items so it's not like it took us a while. I still felt bad for some reason though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:9aff6942-8047-4e61-96ba-2aae529dc2e0">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Along the lines of driving, I don't get and I kind of judge pregnant ladies or mothers of infants who expect the world to accomodate them.  Just because you're pregnant does not mean others in line should let you go ahead of them.  If you chose to go to the mall with your small children, figure out how to make it work.  Don't expect everyone to go out of their way to open every door for you, help you load your children in the carts, etc.  Some people will, and that's their perogative and nice of them, but I don't like it when people act like they're entitled to things - whether it be a closer parking spot or strangers helping them.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    I agree.

I think this falls under the blanket of "I judge entitled people."

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Harris Teeter is on the verge of Bankruptcy and Lowe's food bought out a lot of their stores. :(

I judge people who don't spay/neuter their animals and leave them outside. Why have them at all?
  • Options
    I judge pet owners who allow their pets to run around freely on city streets.  They are just asking for their animal to get hit by a car.  Things are different in the country, but I live in a city, and I've seen too many dead dogs and cats on the side of the road.  
  • Options
    Steffiii, they actually just agreed to swap stores.  Harris Teeter gets 9 Lowe's store and Lowe's gets 6 HT stores.  HT is also paying Lowe's 26.5 million to make up for the other ones.  There is no bankruptcy...just a merger. 
  • Options
    I judge whoever comes up with those lame polls for the magazine.  Give us some options.  Yes or No is rarely going to be the choice we want because things aren't so cut and dry.  Stupid people.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:a6b9b5cf-56a8-43f0-afc0-22c325a1d944">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge whoever comes up with those lame polls for the magazine.  Give us some options.  Yes or No is rarely going to be the choice we want because things aren't so cut and dry.  Stupid people.
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

Agreed and what's with the influx of them these two days? At least the newest one isn't completely idiotic like the others I saw.
  • Options
    The poll won't show up for me.  What's the question this time?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:e4642111-4fd4-4963-b864-b58063d9ac01">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The poll won't show up for me.  What's the question this time?

"Are you opting out of inviting coworkers?"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:df55bb45-7fef-4f3e-bd52-20f1d33e9a29">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I seriously would not even think of offering a pregnant lady the bathroom before me. I guess I am just that self absorbed when I have to pee. But I would offer the big stall to a woman with small children, I'm not THAT much of an asshole.<strong> I almost always let people with a few items in front of me go before us at the checkout.</strong> The other day we were running SO LATE to our friends party but we had to stop at the store for a few things. We only had like ten things so we went in the 15 or less aisle, and the guy behind us only had like 2 things and I felt like an asshole not telling him to go in front, but we were really in that much of a rush, but we only had ten items so it's not like it took us a while. I still felt bad for some reason though.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

I do this a lot too.  But, I judge the hell out of the lady behind me that has 2 items that looks in my cart, looks at me, looks back in my cart then looks at me again (tapping her foot the entire time)...just waiting for me to offer her my spot.  Hell to the NO, I DON'T let those ones ahead of me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ugh I meant just because they have that sign, I'm not about to gingerly drive. Figuring that I judge the dude that almost hit us with his kids, I think that's ridiculous. I would never drive like a maniac with kids in my car.
  • Options
    wadingmoosewadingmoose member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:ffacfc90-cee3-4ab5-88b1-756b4b170db9">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge pet owners who allow their pets to run around freely on city streets.  They are just asking for their animal to get hit by a car.  Things are different in the country, but I live in a city, and I've seen too many dead dogs and cats on the side of the road.  
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I hate (hate hate hate) letting my cat outside. BUT he's earned the name Bastard Cat and honestly, if I don't let him out, I'll kill him myself.  Between the constant meowing and the knocking things off counters/shelves, etc...

I'm aware that one of these times he won't come back and it sucks.

But I really will kill him.

I also like my sleep and he's a master at preventing that.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    StefffiCStefffiC member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:18755ac2-9fec-4b70-9902-a0b7a16fdd82">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I hate (hate hate hate) letting my cat outside. BUT he's earned the name Bastard Cat and honestly, if I don't let him out, I'll kill him myself.  Between the constant meowing and the knocking things off counters/shelves, etc... I'm aware that one of these times he won't come back and it sucks. But I really will kill him. I also like my sleep and he's a master at preventing that.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

One of mine goes out, but we live in the country and he's a barn kitty.

The other 6 don't care about going out.

Edited because I forgot how many cats I have. LOL
  • Options
    I judge the idiot at work that complained that I was dealing with the difficult contractor.  I was doing this because it's REALLY clear that I'm the only one who can have a conversation with him without it turning into a petty argument.  But it meant I was doing her job so she complained.

Yesterday, I spent most of my time laughing at the RIDICULOUS email exchange between the two of them.  She got what she wanted and I didn't have to count the phone calls to me from him (I've been up to 12 some days).

Have at 'er and I'll go back to my job, but seriously?  I was saving you from looking like an unprofessional tool.  I appreciate you thanking me by involving our boss.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards