Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge

Re: I judge

• AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:257e8edc-b6e7-4207-b0e7-1a9fefba9c66">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge : I hate that!!!  That's why I avoid Costco on weekends because I fantasize about using my cart as a weapon too much.  I judge the British guy who was in my shop yesterday who was trying to hide his accent and let it slip anyways (ever heard a British guy says "baseball" and try to hide an accent? not possible).  I asked him why he was trying to cover up his accent he said it was because he thought that I would "dig an American guy more than a British guy".  SMH.  I told him I dig guys who don't try to hide who they are.
    Posted by blgrout[/QUOTE]

<div>Silly guy, accents are hot. We had this bartender in my hometown who was English, and he was worried about losing his accent because it got him a ton of tips. I told him he just needs to go back home every couple of months for a refresher.</div>
  • I thought my $107/month for internet/phone/TV was bad. My TV is constantly pissing me off. Our HD ABC/NBC/Fox channels work about 50% of the time. I'll go to watch a recording and it will be just sound, no picture. I end up double recording all my shows; I record the HD version and the normal version. I've chatted with customer service so many times and they always fix it,  but they can't go back and fix my broken shows I've DVR'ed. Thanks, dudes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:1afc6d0e-1ef2-4465-9fc6-66256be8344e">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]special, I know people like that.  He is a self proclaimed "missionary" who meets people for coffee to discuss life.  He has children, his wife doesn't work and he doesn't work and expects the church to support him.  Luckily, it's not my church, but still.  Then when that church says no, they move onto another church, and post of FB about how they can't afford meds for their kids and this and that.  I just want to scream "GET A BLOODY JOB!". 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

My son's GF's family is like this as well. They have SO many kids they cant feed or give the basics too and they move often because they owe thousands in taxes as well as child support.

The feds finally caught up with him, but they still move from church to church and rip them off long enough to pay their elec. or rent than move on. It makes me sick that my own mother has had to help the kids with showers and sometimes food.

I dont live close enough, or I would do it myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you call comcast and threaten to switch to another carrier all of a sudden they have the best customer service ever. They also have promotional packages that weren't available until the very nano second you said you were going to leave them. 

FI and I have cable, HBO and high speed internet for $70 a month. 

We do have to call back every 6 months to get another promotional package, but IMO it's worth the money we save.
  • I think we might give up cable for the summer. We don't watch it as often, and we could be more than satisfied with Netflix and Hulu. And, you know, outside summer things.
  • edited April 2012
    MIL was texting Ben last night wondering what we were doing one weekend in June.  Apparently my in-laws BFF's daughter is getting married.  So my MIL wanted to know if they could put us in with their RSVP.

I kind of see the situation as though, MIL and the MOB think nothing is wrong with this, but apparently my entire inlaw family is now going.  So instead of RSVPing for two people on their invitation, they will be marking down yes for 13 people.  If they really wanted Ben and I and the rest of the in-law clan to come they could have sprung for like, four extra invitations.

So yeah.  I am pretty uncomfortable about the whole thing and I judge it.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:b144cc1f-0b9b-4b77-85ee-7edeffafa6f0">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge the folks who get the shopping carts with the little cars in front of them, then can't figure out how to maneuver the thing without crashing into people and displays. That car does not contain an airbag, and my ankles are not just speed bumps.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>On the shopping cart note, I despise people who leave their carts in the middle of a parking space, ten feet from the place you put them in. H does too, and we've both gotten out of the car after seeing someone do it, give them a dirty look, put it away and move into the spot.</div>
  • I judge a girl I know who is having relationship issues with her H.  I realize that you're not supposed to judge, you don't know someone's relationship unless you're in it, but hell.  She cheated on him a few months ago with a coworker.  He was (understandably) devastated and they're in couples' counseling right now.  She refuses to leave the job because she loves her job and doesn't want to be away from the coworker, even though her H constantly asks her to stay away from him.  Now she's crying because she wants to have a baby and her H says no, he's not comfortable with that idea until they are on steadier ground with their marriage.  She talked briefly about not taking her pills and "accidentally" getting pregnant.  I am just disgusted.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• That's awkward, AATB.
  • Rachers- I don't like any hotdogs except Costco's.

Hrm- I judge slow asss drivers. I judge the people who post pics looking skanky in the club and then are concerned what other people think. If you are concerned then don't post the pictures.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I judge people who do direct sales of bullshit products like Body By Vi and what not. I feel bad for people who get sucked into that crap (which, many times, is just overpriced stuff you can find elsewhere - like Premiere Jewelry) - but you're flat out having to beg your friends and stuff for money and to host parties so you can get paid. It's just skeevy to me. I dont like it. 
  • Oh I judge people who use strollers like they're a fcking battering ram.

And people who feed seagulls at the beach. 

And people who won't accept the fact that I don't want to be in their goddam conga line. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:f58880bc-738d-4b72-a007-6d8206fa52e0">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge a girl I know who is having relationship issues with her H.  I realize that you're not supposed to judge, you don't know someone's relationship unless you're in it, but hell.  She cheated on him a few months ago with a coworker.  He was (understandably) devastated and they're in couples' counseling right now.  She refuses to leave the job because she loves her job and doesn't want to be away from the coworker, even though her H constantly asks her to stay away from him.  Now she's crying because she wants to have a baby and her H says no, he's not comfortable with that idea until they are on steadier ground with their marriage.  She talked briefly about not taking her pills and "accidentally" getting pregnant.  I am just disgusted.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>Tha fvck? I totally judge this too.</div>
  • onloveonlifeonloveonlife member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I judge the girl in the "addressing envelopes?" thread. It's called GOOGLE. Ever heard of it? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:13028eb3-bae6-4163-a350-dfdf5c5866e1">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIL was texting Ben last night wondering what we were doing one weekend in June.  Apparently my in-laws BFF's daughter is getting married.  So my MIL wanted to know if they could put us in with our RSVP. I kind of see the situation as though, MIL and the MOB think nothing is wrong with this, but apparently my entire inlaw family is now going.  <strong>So instead of RSVPing for two people on their invitation, they will be marking down yes for 13 people</strong>.  If they really wanted Ben and I and the rest of the in-law clan to come they could have sprung for like, four extra invitations. So yeah.  I am pretty uncomfortable about the whole thing and I judge it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

If it were my wedding, I would probably freak out if I was expecting an RSVP for 2 and got one for 13 people.  I semi-flipped when my cousin RSVPed for 6 instead of 2.  I don't blame you for being uncomfortable with that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:40e640e7-d178-446f-8d61-72f115f9f34e">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge : On the shopping cart note, I despise people who leave their carts in the middle of a parking space, ten feet from the place you put them in. H does too, and we've both gotten out of the car after seeing someone do it, give them a dirty look, put it away and move into the spot.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>I do that, too. Someone left one right next to my car, just as I was getting ready to get out. I rolled down the window and said, "The cart corral is over THERE," and pointed. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't think she saw that I was in the car. I have no problem with the occasional public shaming, as long as it's warranted.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:f58880bc-738d-4b72-a007-6d8206fa52e0">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge a girl I know who is having relationship issues with her H.  I realize that you're not supposed to judge, you don't know someone's relationship unless you're in it, but hell.  She cheated on him a few months ago with a coworker.  He was (understandably) devastated and they're in couples' counseling right now.  She refuses to leave the job because she loves her job and doesn't want to be away from the coworker, even though her H constantly asks her to stay away from him.  Now she's crying because she wants to have a baby and her H says no, he's not comfortable with that idea until they are on steadier ground with their marriage.  <strong>She talked briefly about not taking her pills and "accidentally" getting pregnant.</strong>  I am just disgusted.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Oh good lord.  I really don't understand people that do this.  This reminds me of another thing.  I can't remember if I mentioned it already.  H's cousin is pregnant (I know I mentioned that part), but apparently she told her parents she got pregnant "so they could go on welfare and get WIC."  Um, what now?  If there is a baby shower, I will for sure not be going to it.  Fucking idiot.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Wow AATB and Bay those are both ridiculous.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with LDY. I am so dang sick of my friends asking me to buy things and host parties for them. NO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:3fc863c0-55eb-4805-a785-95d1e9eab6dc">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awkward, AATB.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a little.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c4a6efd4-44fc-4f53-965e-3bf900f76fbePost:7885ffaf-2bda-4fc6-9157-61ed49ed8119">Re: I judge</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I judge people who use strollers like they're a fcking battering ram. And people who feed seagulls at the beach.  <strong>And people who won't accept the fact that I don't want to be in their goddam conga line. </strong>
    Posted by Megan+Adam[/QUOTE]

Does this happen often?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I judge FI's great aunt for telling FI's grandmother that instead of bringing her husband to our wedding, she's bringing her two grand children. I wrote everyone's name on the RSVP for a reason. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jeez, Bay. The "getting pregnant by trickery" routine is pretty common with H's cousins. It makes him rageful, especially when they start bitching about what a deadbeat the guy is.
  • LDY, one of my fb friend's just became a Pampered Chef rep.  Good god I am very close to hiding her.  It's ridiculous.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I hate having to do sales as a teller, and that my bonus depends on me meeting my goals. I really hate having to talk people into sh*t they don't need. 
  • I have never actually seen a conga line.
  • I judge the people that park their shopping carts nose to nose and then look for the right can of soup....people get stacked up on both sides because they can't cut through

Then I judge the people that huff and huff and HUFF because they can't get through.  Reverse fool!  Go to the next aisle and come back.  The food won't all disappear
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel bad enough that I'm going to have to pester people to donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society - but just being like "Buy shiit from me!!" ain't cool. At least my stuff is going to a charity. I feel less bad at about it.
  • I would be terrible in a job where I had to sell stuff.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards