Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is it too early for an evening thread?

Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?

• Options
    Aryn, what ended up happening with Loki?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made spaghettie and meatballs last week and didn't realize I was out of breadcrumbs so I used the garlic and herb crackers instead.  Holy quacamole did that work out awesome. 

I'm taking notes on this music to check out on iTunes tonight since I haven't heard of any of it.
  • Options
    Hockey - I love Styx!

I think tonight I'm going to cook a chicken breast in some apple salsa. Mmmm. 
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I guess I should tell you that All Things Considered is an NPR news magazine, Girlie, not a musical group haha.  But it's good to listen to.  I've been jammin to Bob Seger lately but listened to a lot of country music on the weekend - on the pontoon with the in-laws. 
    panther
  • Options
    XFI is keeping him. He technically said I can get him back next month but I think he mainly did that so I'd need to keep in contact with him. He was being very emotionally manipulative and as much as I love Loki, I can't deal with XFI anymore. 
  • Options
    Girlie, you've probably heard Styx songs before and just don't know it's them. 
  • Options
    Those sound delicious, AATB.

I'm sorry, Aryn.  I think that's pretty dirty, holding someone's pet hostage like that.  I love Ollie (H's cat) but I would never try to take him.  It's not fair to the animal, either, particularly if s/he has a particular attachment to the person whom they're taken from.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:61d3436f-ab77-484a-a6a9-dbf1abec61bc">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't want to go to a wedding on a Monday, either.  I hate "wedding hangover" (even if you didn't drink, you're tired the next day) and having to deal with that on a Tuesday sounds unbearable.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if they don't have a reception with some food, I'm going to get stabby. It's like they are having a contest to see just how much they can inconvenience people, so it really wouldnt surprise me.
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for clarifying that Boobs.  H would have gotten a good laugh at my expense tonight when I got pissed because I couldn't find it on iTunes.  :)

ETA:  I definitely know Styx.  I'm a child of the 70's/80's.  :)
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:e9a2b0ed-eabf-412b-9687-9616068c9df6">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I should tell you that All Things Considered is an NPR news magazine, Girlie, not a musical group haha.  But it's good to listen to.  I've been jammin to Bob Seger lately but listened to a lot of country music on the weekend - <strong>on the pontoon</strong> with the in-laws. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

And now I have the Little Big Town song stuck in my head from that.  Though I blame myself for being in a car for 10 hours and having to hunt radio stations in SD, since I don't know any.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. What a douche... wtf could he give him back in a month, but not now? I'm sure it's a last ditch attempt to try to get you back, but he's an idiot if he thinks manipulation is the way to a girl's heart.

I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up Primo for dinner on my way. I'd have to leave pretty much right now instead of at 6.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:9f421501-61c5-45f6-97fc-fa8a6e25f1d2">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]XFI is keeping him. He technically said I can get him back next month but I think he mainly did that so I'd need to keep in contact with him. He was being very emotionally manipulative and as much as I love Loki, I can't deal with XFI anymore. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sorry he's being so difficult. It sucks when adults can't act their age. </div>
  • Options
    Poke: Dennis DeYoung is playing here soon...I told H i wanted tickets for my Birthday....a few weeks later we were going through the lineup of this venue for the summer and he made fun of the show....so who knows...I may or may not be going.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:6915a58f-42a6-49dc-8d39-58f0eea0a21f">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for an evening thread? : And now I have the Little Big Town song stuck in my head from that.  Though I blame myself for being in a car for 10 hours and having to hunt radio stations in SD, since I don't know any.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

I had never heard that song before this weekend.  Lol - the first lyric sounds like "Back that biiitch out into the water" but I think the word is actually "hitch."  I died at "hmm... motorboatin."
    panther
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:9f421501-61c5-45f6-97fc-fa8a6e25f1d2">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]XFI is keeping him. He technically said I can get him back next month but I think he mainly did that so I'd need to keep in contact with him. He was being very emotionally manipulative and as much as I love Loki, I can't deal with XFI anymore. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry to hear that.  That is horrible.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gah. I see my post didn't show up.

Bay, I think we'll still be in Boston in August. I'll keep you posted.  I think I'm just feeling cranky lately because the weather is so terrible. It's raining really heavily, and feels about 40 degrees. Makes me sad.

Anywho, Iäm off to bed as it's almost midnight. 
  • Options
    Evening ladies.  Aryn, I am proud of you.  Stick to your guns girl.

We are having leftover shimp scampi that I am adding scallops to.  Should be interesting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:2c155189-6922-455b-b6e4-dca2a79afaf9">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke: <strong>Dennis DeYoung is playing here soon</strong>...I told H i wanted tickets for my Birthday....a few weeks later we were going through the lineup of this venue for the summer and he made fun of the show....so who knows...I may or may not be going.
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>Sweet! I tried to get my dad some Styx tickets several times, but he was always out of town for their concerts. Now that he's a trucker it's probably going to be plain impossible. </div>
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:ccc5763c-fd5b-43d6-ba1b-32645faabbd5">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for an evening thread? : I had never heard that song before this weekend.  Lol - the first lyric sounds like "Back that biiitch out into the water" but I think the word is actually "hitch."  <strong>I died at "hmm... motorboatin."
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

That's like my favorite part, but I only heard it like twice my whole trip.  But I was so bored so all the songs I heard are burned in my head.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aryn I'm sorry about your pup :( I like to think that Ben and I would "share custody" of Lucy if we ended up parting ways.  We both love her like a child and she's attached to both of us, which I'm sure you can relate to.  *hugs*
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:69c57f12-0504-45c1-8788-26258ceed105">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening ladies.  Aryn, I am proud of you.  Stick to your guns girl.<strong> We are having leftover shimp scampi that I am adding scallops to.  Should be interesting.
    </strong>Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

That sounds fantastic.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I love Styx, Segar, Eagles, Steve Miller, Doobies, all of the old stuff.  New stuff Jack Johnson.

My college age daughter always fills my mp3 player for me so it is a mix of disney to slip knot and everything in between.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:ee563b47-5e14-45d6-aa32-4941816fa239">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn - I want to kick rocks at your XFI's head. Not cool, man. Not cool.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]
    <div>
    </div><div>This made me laugh. Thanks! </div>
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

Sorry about the pup, Aryn.  I agree, however, sometimes it's better to cut ties.

I was just finishing up the bouts we made for the wedding, and now FI and I are watching Despicable Me and waiting to go to dinner/trivia night.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I am just waiting around for these last few minutes of work to be over. I went to New Jersey for a friends wedding this weekend, and did not get enough sleep. So I've been dreaming about my bed all day long.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-too-early-for-an-evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d187a3ee-e44d-4ca2-a29a-cc231eb460d5Post:908e04ae-3398-40f5-b328-4e1ba343265a">Re: Is it too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone. Sorry about the pup, Aryn.  I agree, however, sometimes it's better to cut ties. I was just finishing up the bouts we made for the wedding, and now FI and I are watching Despicable Me and waiting to go to dinner/trivia night.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

<div>IT'S SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE!!!! I love that movie! Probably more than any grown woman should. </div>
  • Options
    I love Despicable Me. It was so amusing.

Argh, I'm hungry and I need to go to the grocery store. Not a good combination.
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    Aryn, that is my favorite part in the movie too.  I just think it is so adorable.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aaaah, it's finally time to go home. I'm off to the wedding. You ladies have a good evening.
  • Options
    Have fun Seesaw! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards