Wedding Etiquette Forum

:be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is

Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is

• Welllllll......Chaldeans are not a race.  They are an ethnic minority from Iraq.  They are Middle Eastern, which according to the US Census is not a race, but thats another story.  They were persecuted in Iraq for being Christian, not Muslim and most of them have migrated from Iraq to Detroit.  Which is probably why very few outside of Detorit have heard of them.  They represent a tiny percentage of the population in Iraq.  Their ancestral language is Aramaic, which is pretty interesting.

But they are not a race.  But I am just a white girl...what do I know.  I do know that young Chaldeans tend to be an angry bunch and usually the cause of every fight I have ever seen in a bar in Detroit.  Which is every single time I have gone out there.  I am not talking shiit either...all my Chaldean friends will proudly admit what I just said.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • roxybabe: Me too!  We aren't too far away from eachother...we can back woods it up together in our hill billie outfits and go to Heart Attack grill so we can get food from Naughty nurses.

"Never Argue with an Idiot, They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
  • I have attended a Chaldean wedding before, and you can bet that the bride and groom did not include a poem in their invitation to tell guests to participate in the subkhta (paying of money). They, just like any respectable person of ANY culture, knew that just because something is customary behavior, you do not need to explicitly state in on a wedding invitation. Its rude if you ASK for a gift, or if you ASK for money. That is the point everyone is trying to make. Its not what you are asking for, its simply that you are ASKING ( or demanding in this case).
    Photobucket
  • It's not tacky to RECEIVE gifts of any sort, including money or gift cards.  It's tacky to DEMAND it.  A gift is something given at the discretion of the giver.  If it's demanded by the receiver it's really a payment, not a gift.  Therein lies the problem.  That poem is ASKING for a "gift".  That's what's inappropriate.  And that's what everybody has said.

As for being happy that someone is familiar with the ethnic group you're using as an example, first - ethnicity isn't part of the root of the discussion here, and second - people admitted that they were unfamiliar, learned something and moved on.  I don't understand why you immediately started throwing out insults related to that.  
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Kaos- make sure you wear a white trash outfit like a dress with heels. I hear thats the epitome of trashy.
  • I agree with everyone.  I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.  I wish I could compose a poem to express my feelings on the subject, but sadly, I am out of tactless words for the evening.  Must be the vodka lemonade I'm sipping on. 

• The grammer is intentional due to the lack of respect YOU PEOPLE (whoever you are) have for other nationalities. Remember your little friends talking about the Chaldeans. Police your life and how you treat others...that is the only thing you should be policing. Thx

Lady In Red
  • You have some lovely pictures, be-you.  It's unfortunate that your attitude is so ugly :(
  • I don't follow this. You used bad grammar because some people didn't know who the Chaldeans were? Seems like an odd way to show the error of their ways.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:2f0b7d46-d519-4cc0-92a4-45b1c46e6ece">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]The grammer is intentional due to the lack of respect YOU PEOPLE (whoever you are) have for other nationalities. Remember your little friends talking about the Chaldeans. Police your life and how you treat others...that is the only thing you should be policing. Thx
    Posted by Be-you-tiful 1[/QUOTE]

<div>Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?  </div>
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:2f0b7d46-d519-4cc0-92a4-45b1c46e6ece">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]The grammer is intentional due to the lack of respect YOU PEOPLE (whoever you are) have for other nationalities. Remember your little friends talking about the Chaldeans. Police your life and how you treat others...that is the only thing you should be policing. Thx
    Hmm, how you treat others? Like how you're treating us?
  • siggghhh...the word is grammAr.  :(  the grammAr is intentional...
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:c50495d7-f104-46d2-946c-6b9d7e84b846">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am glad somebody knows what a Chaldean is. As for the weddings that I have actually attended....I have seen as much as 10,000 given to a bride and groom. Africans also give money to their bride and groom. If it is so tacky I guess I would just need someone to explain to me WHY are gift cards and Visa gift cards are created.

Wow aren't you a peach.  Clearly a lady and highly educated (in case this was above your level that was sarcasm).  No one said giving cash or accepting cash gifts was tacky and rude.  There is a big difference between that situation and having the audacity to ask for cash.  I think you need to go back to school and deal with reading comprehension.

You obviously have some issues with anger and racism.  You should see someone.
  • What is a shame is that we have MEN (supposedly) on a wedding website arguing about the etiquette of a wedding. What is the point....I have several arabic friends and I dont need you correcting me. How is your beauty inside...dont judge me. You dont know me sweets. This is not typical of me, but when Im offended, like anyone, nothing is beautiful about getting cursed out and put in your place. Maybe rude but graceful. My chaldean friend said soKiss
    Lady In Red
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:144c6940-8264-45d1-b328-1b76ee5e8de2">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. 10 years is a huge accomplishment?  I better set my goals lower. 2. 2 kids?  Who the f cares. 3. a dog...this makes you a happily ever after, super classy person?  Sh!t I've got 2 dogs, I must be Class to the Max! BTW, gotta love those "Picture People" studio pictures you're showing off.  Honestly, they've got some bonefied sheet backgrounds.  Wow, I'm impressed.
    Posted by InferiorToKaos[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA....thank you this made me laugh and almost choke on my wine.
  • I haven't seen a single person curse at you yet...perhaps at your behavior.  Call me a man all you want, at least my balls are bigger than your husbands.

"Never Argue with an Idiot, They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
  • I still don't understand why you would be so offended just because a couple of us were unfamiliar with Chaldeans.  I said nothing negative about it, and I'm glad I learned something.  I truly don't get the anger.

Also- as far as I'm aware, there are no men posting here, just FYI. 
  • Now I am having a hard time getting ready for the Barbie party tonight.  I keep thinking of how fun it would be to be "Backwoods Barbie".

And Roxy...stop trying to act like something you are not.  I totally saw you and your cousin hunting and eating squirrels behind Camelback mountain.  Barefooted.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:2875316b-45a9-4bc3-8767-7f887a7ca079">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is a shame is that we have MEN (supposedly) on a wedding website arguing about the etiquette of a wedding. What is the point....I have several arabic friends and I dont need you correcting me. How is your beauty inside...dont judge me. You dont know me sweets. This is not typical of me, but when Im offended, like anyone, nothing is beautiful about getting cursed out and put in your place. Maybe rude but graceful. My chaldean friend said so
    Why do you keep saying men? Where is the man posting? You're clearly dilusional.
  • Sascha- DED
    Please be backwoods barbie! I'll lend you my dress and shoes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:2f0b7d46-d519-4cc0-92a4-45b1c46e6ece">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    Posted by Be-you-tiful 1[/QUO

Of course your uneducated responses are "intentional." I hope you aren't raising your kids with this lack of manners and intelligence.  You may somehow have made some money but it certainly cannot buy you class.  Always amusing when people do not understand this distinction.

This doesn't begin to make sense. Why would you intentionally makes yourself look inarticulate and ignorant? Correct grammar =/= respect. The two are not connected.

Also, no one is saying anything negative about Chaldeans. People learned something and moved on. Are you even Chaldean, or were you just using their customs as an example? ( I really am curious)
    Photobucket
  • I have a Chaldean wedding planner....Honey It's CUSTOMARY...they dont have to ask or post it in their invites. My point is: just because YOU said its tacky to ask doesnt mean its TACKY, or any less classless then you getting on a the knot website being ignorant. Who died and made you THE WEDDING PLANNER?
    Lady In Red
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:2875316b-45a9-4bc3-8767-7f887a7ca079">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is a shame is that we have MEN (supposedly) on a wedding website arguing about the etiquette of a wedding. What is the point....I have several arabic friends and I dont need you correcting me. How is your beauty inside...dont judge me. You dont know me sweets. This is not typical of me, but when Im offended, like anyone, nothing is beautiful about getting cursed out and put in your place. Maybe rude but graceful. My chaldean friend said so

I'm not sure who are you referring to as being a man but are you that sexist and insecure with your man that you cannot imagine some men helping with the weddings. 
  • That made no sense to me whatsoever.
  • Okay, I give up trying to rationalize any of this.  I'm an ignorant jerk.  Moving on.
  • You have the audacity to call me ignorant....CLEARLY I am not Chaldean. You obviously didnt make it around to all the other TACKY post that were posted. Help yourself and then you may have a clue as to why I responded in the manner in which I did.

Lady In Red
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:5c78688b-d0f1-4f14-8b74-433e42548fa4">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a Chaldean wedding planner....Honey It's CUSTOMARY...they dont have to ask or post it in their invites. My point is: just because YOU said its tacky to ask doesnt mean its TACKY, or any less classless then you getting on a the knot website being ignorant. Who died and made you THE WEDDING PLANNER?

This absolutely doesn't make sense (at least to rational people).  I am a wedding planner since I'm planning my wedding.  Again, you missed the point (why am I not surprised?).  It is tacky to ask.  There are a common set of rules called manners.  Go buy a book and learn some.  Something you should have been taught a long time ago.  Manners aren't regional.  It is always amusing to see the tacky and uneducated use big words like ignorant.

Also, you're having a vow renewal after only 10 years?  Ha.  Must not be expecting anything for the long run.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:5c78688b-d0f1-4f14-8b74-433e42548fa4">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a Chaldean wedding planner....Honey It's CUSTOMARY...they dont have to ask or post it in their invites. My point is: just because YOU said its tacky to ask doesnt mean its TACKY, or any less classless then you getting on a the knot website being ignorant. Who died and made you THE WEDDING PLANNER?
    Tacky has nothing to do with being a wedding planner or not. It has everything to do with etiquette and manners.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:55d707ed-3d43-4ff4-9603-63d0fd49c0be">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]You have the audacity to call me ignorant....CLEARLY I am not Chaldean. You obviously didnt make it around to all the other TACKY post that were posted. Help yourself and then you may have a clue as to why I responded in the manner in which I did.

<Yawn /> You are no longer entertaining....go crawl back under your tacky rock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards