Wedding Etiquette Forum

:be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is

Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is

• Taertman, as I stated before this was my first time loggin in and engaging in conversation on this site. When I logged in...I never expected to get hit by a mac truck full of women, throwing insults and saying "Hey w/e your name is". I didnt think I would have to have my gaurd up on "THE KNOT" wedding website. I thought it would be blissful and happy. Little did I know I was dead wrong. SO, when I was thrown under the bus and the mac truck full of women,  I responded in a manner that is out of character for me, but it was to insult them as they did me. If you cant understand that then...you can definitely get on the bandwagon of country bumpkins that haven't a clue as to what a CHALDEAN is. Im not a racist...my mom is Indian, caucasian and black. I have a caucasian sister in law and I dont treat any race different. I was offended in the very beggining of this conversation which is why you see the responses that you see now.

Lady In Red
  • aproven, your e-ring is fantastic!  And the picture of your dogs in their Christmas outfits is killing me.
  • Ugh. She is not fun-crazy. She is makes-me-sad for the world crazy.
  • Thanks squirrly.

Is it sad that I am now singing "ding dong the wicked witch is dead" from the wizard of Oz.
    Photobucket
  • She is crazy enough I could see her rushing back in here under a new sn before the night is through.  Does the ban work by sn or IP address?
  • Futurepivco~ Your point would be WHAT??? What in the Hell are you talking about. This conversation did not begin with me giving insults...it began with the others. Nevertheless, what do you mean ROOTS?
    Lady In Red
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:52593cec-e4c3-4e02-8cb1-8a5603521a87">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks squirrly. Is it sad that I am now singing "ding dong the wicked witch is dead" from the wizard of Oz.
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know about sad.  I'm just glad I'm off the phone with H - he wouldn't have understood why I was laughing hysterically all of a sudden.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:9c520804-a65c-4138-be86-fa2026295b15">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]aproven, your e-ring is fantastic!  And the picture of your dogs in their Christmas outfits is killing me.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Thanks =) I adore my ering.  FI did a great job letting me pick it out lol.  It only takes like two hours to get the dogs to sit still enough for a few shots.  This fall we'll be using our engagement photos with the dogs for the Christmas card.  I cannot wait! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:af4dc63f-3a1e-44fb-a258-25f955f85d1b">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]She is crazy enough I could see her rushing back in here under a new sn before the night is through.  Does the ban work by sn or IP address?

<div>
    </div><div>SN.  If she comes back and plays nicely - no problems.  </div>
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:e064cd71-daa2-4f40-8c8d-d7bc66bbaf2b">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is : Thanks =) I adore my ering.  <strong>FI did a great job letting me pick it out lol</strong>.  It only takes like two hours to get the dogs to sit still enough for a few shots.  This fall we'll be using our engagement photos with the dogs for the Christmas card.  I cannot wait! 
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Scott didn't let me pick mine out, but I was very specific with what I wanted so he did a good job listening to orders.  :)
  • Aproven- I can see it now lol. BTW I love the ring, it is gorgeous.
  • oh my word I love your puppies! I want to squeeze them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:b0641d2a-2049-4dd7-9253-cea512b4c858">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is : Ha!  Scott didn't let me pick mine out, but I was very specific with what I wanted so he did a good job listening to orders.  :)

I think that's helpful.  We've been together for awhile so I knew the engagement wasn't going to be a surprise.  I actually get anxious about surprises lol I'm much better in the control seat. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:a8e313cb-9a73-4aba-97d4-861e4b90e86c">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh. She is not fun-crazy. She is makes-me-sad for the world crazy.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I think if she does come back under another sn, we'll definitely know it's her because she probably won't be able to keep from AWing her "fashion modeling" pics.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:84e51bfc-e308-4802-8ca7-11c802ef3955">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aproven- I can see it now lol. BTW I love the ring, it is gorgeous.
    Posted by Jenni.Adams[/QUOTE]

Thanks.....we had a three stone ring all designed created etc.  I went to try it on and my FI informed me it made my hand look like a munchkin hand.  He almost got sent to the couch for the night but then I did see it overpowered my hands.  We went back and the new style was in and I adored it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:98dd6efd-5d73-4204-9fcb-9ae4c94900e8">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh my word I love your puppies! I want to squeeze them.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Thanks....they are spoiled but darlings.  THey also liked to be squeezed!
  • Anyone else find it ironic that her SN was about individual beauty? Fail.
  • Jas- yes.
    I just want to clarify, everyone (except her) got that by "or w/e your name is" meant that I didn't know if I spelled her sn correctly, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:1b43fab0-c815-4f22-b5c2-9adc910db35c">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is : I think that's helpful.  We've been together for awhile so I knew the engagement wasn't going to be a surprise.  I actually get anxious about surprises lol I'm much better in the control seat. 
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

Yeah, despite me <span style="font-style:italic;">guessing exactly how he was going to propose</span> about an hour before he did it, I was still in complete shock.  Don't know how he managed that haha.  How long have you two been together?  Scott and I just celebrated 8 years last week, doesn't feel that long.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:b879d326-62f2-4e9b-a50c-843ab54e9a72">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jas- yes. I just want to clarify, everyone (except her) got that by "or w/e your name is" meant that I didn't know if I spelled her sn correctly, right?

Yes I got that....was that what she was worked up about??
  • PEOPLE an insult is an insult...If you can give one, you should be ready to take one. You started it...I indulged. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON THIS SITE...ONLY TO FIND A BUNCH OF OPINIONATED, TERRITORIAL, WOMEN....and what I thought was a man earlier...who should be happy and excited about being married or getting married. I felt as though a pack of wolves just tried to attack me and I bit back. NOW AGAIN, we can be civilized and conduct ourselves like so, or we can BRING IT ON until the other gets tired. I dont have a typical 9-5. I am a professional model, so lets talk beauty tips and how to drop 10 lbs in 2 minutes. OR< OR< OR we can keep up the nonsense until my hubby gets home. Then I have a mandatory meeting that typically last for hours. Who cares what another puts on their invites....give them the advice properly and get on with your lives. No need to be sarcastic ROXYBABE...or WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS!!!!!
    Lady In Red
  • Yes, Roxy, I totally got that.
  • It's just a little suspect to me, though - her first post is to tell people they can ask for money with a poem, then she throws out racist comments, has poor grammar, and insults photos/appearances in photos.  It's all of the standard troll characteristics rolled into one.  The only thing missing is a WeddingWire reference.

Or perhaps I'm jaded.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:b879d326-62f2-4e9b-a50c-843ab54e9a72">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jas- yes. I just want to clarify, everyone (except her) got that by "or w/e your name is" meant that I didn't know if I spelled her sn correctly, right?

Yup. But it clearly pushed a button for her!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Ok, well she mentioned something about it like that I meant it sarcastically or something. Like she isn't beautiful...I don't know.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:fe325feb-adcf-4afd-a482-23b0513f74fe">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is : Yeah, despite me guessing exactly how he was going to propose about an hour before he did it, I was still in complete shock.  Don't know how he managed that haha.  How long have you two been together?  Scott and I just celebrated 8 years last week, doesn't feel that long.

We've been together for 7 and half years but have lived together for five of them.  I meet him randomly when I was a freshman in college.  I totally didn't want a boyfriend but there was something about Tim.

Aw its nice that it was still a surprise and that you were shocked =).  Tim wanted to go to the local aquarium and scuba dive in the shark tank holding a sign up to ask me to marry him.  While a cute idea you have to pay about $1000 to do that.....I have much better ways to use that money (like towards the wedding!).
  • I think she was trying to say she saw it as disrespectful.  Like you had walked up to her at Denny's and said "Oh, hey Kristi or whatever the fluck your name is..."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:b879d326-62f2-4e9b-a50c-843ab54e9a72">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:

I'm really glad you made this post because it made her STOP.  Good work, roxy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tiful-heck-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d36865f4-39e4-4949-934b-5e731752c557Post:6e708130-e3f0-45c9-8f1e-cd6cc6be4beb">Re: :be-you-tiful: or w/e the heck your name is</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, well she mentioned something about it like that I meant it sarcastically or something. Like she isn't beautiful...I don't know.

Clearly she has a thing about people thinking she's stunning.  Must be quite difficult to be that insecure about oneself once you are past the age of like 15.
  • Yeah I got that Roxy. Methinks she is rather insecure if she misconstrued it in that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards