Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Happy Saturday Morning!

Good morning!  I have a busy day ahead.  I have to take my mom's truck to go get feed and hay, bring it back here, swap cars, and go to my house to tie dye and take some more stuff to storage.  H is working, so who knows what time he'll be home.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
"Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar

Re: Happy Saturday Morning!

• Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    Good morning!

I'm taking an infant CPR class this morning, so I have to be up early.

We found out yesterday that our lease is up 2 months sooner than we expected, and it looks as if we'll be moving at the end of August/early September (just days before my due date) and I'm a little panicky. We've alreay looked into other options, but HOLYSHIT, I have a LOT to do.

I think my days of being 100% useless are officially over.
  • Options
    That's shiiity, Jess.  Moving is probably my least favorite thing ever.  Are you guys looking for another place to lease or are you trying to buy?  I don't know why I'm asking, because I'm not really sure which one is easier.

• Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Morning! 

Have to clean up then get ready to head over to a friend of ours. My parents and FI's parents are meeting for the first time today, not sure how that is going to go so I am pretty nervous. After that we are having friends stay over so we want the place to be decent hah. 

Adamar  - thats a lot going on!

Jess - oh wow! That would be so stressful, moving near your due date. I hope you are able to find another option. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning! The animal shelter is doing a rabies clinic today so I'm taking the cats to get their shots in a few hours. Then I'm going to raid Staples for their one cent sale on school supplies. 

Jess, I'd be freaking out. I like to apartment shop months in advance. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:2a8af507-f6b4-456d-9677-f9c8301fb6f9">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's shiiity, Jess.  Moving is probably my least favorite thing ever.  Are you guys looking for another place to lease or are you trying to buy?  I don't know why I'm asking, because I'm not really sure which one is easier.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Leasing.

The update took us 100% by surprise. We BOTH thought that it was up November 30, only to find out it's September 30, but considering I'm having a baby in September, I'd like to move before that.

We've lived at our complex for 3 years...almost as long as the complex has been here, so we're hoping that if we get everything ready in time, we can get the last month pro-rated and move out early. Thankfully it's a high-demand complex, so I'm hoping they'll agree to that so we don't have to pay 2 full month's rent at once. Thankfully, some doors are already opening to make this go smoothly, so I'm just hoping it all pans out.
  • Options
    Morning!

I didn't sleep well last night.  :/

I need to try to clean out the pool and weed the front yard (and try to remulch part of it).  Sigh.
  • Options
    Thanks Dileni. :)

Aleigh, I'm just thankful that I'm a planner, because I was already thinking about where I wanted to move.

We've found some townhomes that we really like, and we found one that's available for like, $50 than what we pay now, and it's 3bed/2.5bath/2car garage, compared to our 2/2/1 that we have currently.

And I found out yesterday the the laundry room at the townhouse is upstairs, which is awesome since all of the bedrooms are upstairs.
  • Options
    Ooh, I did not know there's a one cent sale.  I might have to add Staples to my list.

• Options
    Oh the other hand, the kittens are ridiculously adorable today.  Sadly, Berkeley is getting jealous.  I try to show her that I am not favoring the kittens, but H so clearly does, and even when I'm trying to play with her, she wants to stare at the cats, so she's not exactly spending quality time with me.  Sigh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:4b8ce475-6d13-4c1a-9416-757e8c380092">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I didn't sleep well last night.  :/ I need to try to clean out the pool and weed the front yard (and try to remulch part of it).  Sigh.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

That sounds like something that involves sweating. Count me out. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:11f6bee3-fb1e-41e8-80b3-d14d00561ebe">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then I'm going to raid Staples for their one cent sale on school supplies.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

I have not heard about this. Thanks for sharing...I'm definitely going today!
  • Options
    Aw poor Berkley.  

Has Anna been around lately?  I'm starting to think she went off the grid.

• Options
    I was wondering about Anna.  I guess she's getting used to Tallahassee?  
  • Options
    I'm hoping to stock up for my classroom even though I won't have it until next year. I figured it'd be better to spend the money a little at a time instead of all at once next year.
  • Options
    Ack.  I just texted my mom to ask if she'd fed the horses, but somehow it came out "you horny feed the horses before you left?"  Oops.

• Options
    Good morning!  I'm not sure if I'm staying up or not.  I have lunch plans later, and H is home for the day so we'll probably hang out for a bit and try and find something to do.  I've already got a load of laundry in this morning *go me ;)*.
  • Options
    Good morning all! I am in my weekend class. Boo. This seemed like SUCH a good idea before I knew that I'd have a full time job for the summer. hah. 

That sucks about moving Jess but it sounds like you already have some good ideas! 

Poor Berkeley. :( She will adjust I am sure, but it is sad to see pups be all confused. 
  • Options
    MuSu  you can Knot WHILE you're in class?  Must be nice :).  What is the class?  And how many weekends long is it?
  • Options
    Loops -- We use our laptops for almost everything in law school so unless you are old school, you have your laptop, haha. Its a class called "Challenging Conversations" -- so I guess it will be more role playing and group activities than normal. Its just one weekend but its 1 credit so it helps knock some out of the way. I will have 6 credits total for the summer which greatly reduces my workload for the year. 
  • Options
    I didn't realize Staples had a one-cent school sale today either.  I will have to head over and check it out!

Not much on the to-do list today.  H and I both have to get our cars inspected (I just realized his inspection has been expired since Nov... ugh), and that's pretty much it.  I needed a relaxing day, so this works well for me. :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MuSu - at least it's just one day.  And yes - you will appreciate it when you have less to do next year :).  Especially since you said they offered you to stay at your job part time, right?

Hi Angelsong - Mostly lazy Saturday's are good :).
  • Options
    Its actually 2 days but close enough. We haven't had an official offer yet, but I'm almost positive they will have us stay part time!
  • Options
    That will be great experience.  And probably super helpful to have a little extra $$ coming in.
  • Options
    Good morning! 
    Today, I have my bunco group and that's all for today. 

Jess-How stressful! I couldn't imagine moving so close to being due.
  • Options
    morning.

I'm at work until noon.   Today is pretty much do nothing day.  I need to be here "just in case" someone needs something.   I work 6 days a week.  I have some stuff to do, but nothing pressing, so I tend  use Saturdays to knot and read the internet.

NOLA is funny.  We have a swinger convention going on. There is also a running of the bulls going on today.  On top of that, a lot of kids for next week's Lutheran youth convention have arrived early.   It's pretty funny seeing a group of church kids walking along side women in body-paint. I'm not talking about playboy bunny looking women.  Sure there are some of those, but there are more 50-60 year olds also. 

I wonder who thought it would be a good ideal to have these to events so close together?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Morning Lynda - that visual is pretty mind boggling :).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:f87f5061-d5b0-42d4-926e-0f8d6a3d50b6">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning Lynda - that visual is pretty mind boggling :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

yeah, I  had to do double take myself. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:91b337ff-62fd-41f0-ae51-9c80f629424f">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  Today, I have my bunco group and that's all for today.  Jess-How stressful! I couldn't imagine moving so close to being due.
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>I love bunco!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-saturday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d9c77830-ab94-4f36-8da9-4de3c66610a3Post:48030f19-1c70-4c2d-b73d-f8bc4a132ce0">Re: Happy Saturday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Saturday Morning! : I love bunco!
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]
    My group is full of older ladies. I think it would be funner with drinks. Lol.
  • Options
    Morning.  We are at my parents' house, pet sitting their totally weird cat (I've recently withdrawn my diagnosis of Aspergers is favor of Reactive Attachment Disorder), and getting ready for an outdoor wedding.  The high today is 96.  YAY.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards