Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:41559d65-4981-48b3-8b8c-17d0e5e9c37b">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I stupidly think "future-shmuture." and light another one. my H told me this morning he wants me to quit at some point. he is a smoker, but he can easily go without cigarettes. if I were to quit, he'd have no problem quitting, he's done it before. but when I've quit in the past (for like 3 months at a time) I became super ninja depressed. apparently you feel that way for about six months.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on what kind of smoker you are though too.  I smoked a lot in college, but would never smoke walking to classes or between classes or anything because I hated the way I smelled from it, and wou;dn't do that to other people.  So mostly I smoked when studying and always at parties while drinking.  So mostly I was a social smoker, but would smoke at other times too.  So for me it was actually really easy to quit.  But I think the more you smoke and the more you have it tied to other things, like driving, work breaks, etc., the harder it is. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:971c51c6-5958-4590-8fcc-c7a0c69dc13e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This isn't a confession, but I have never visited, nor posted on my month board.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Confession: I would go on mine once in a while solely to feel better about myself.  I would see everyone freaking out about deadlines and getting things done, and it made me feel better to know that either I had already done that, or just didn't care enough to get that stressed. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:971c51c6-5958-4590-8fcc-c7a0c69dc13e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This isn't a confession, but I have never visited, nor posted on my month board.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I went a few times, posted once, and was thoroughly frightened at the puppy-and-rainbow soup they were all eating.  I fled and never went back. 

I'm ALMOST that bothered by my month board on TheBump.  Holy crazy!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    God, Bump month boards. The thought makes me shudder a little.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I confess that Mag's description of vag knives may have just put me off of procreating for another 6 months or so. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:95873997-4bfe-49a3-ab67-79ba08e176af">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Just because I live here, right?
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously! ;)

Mery, he just said that he's happy in his job right now and not looking for a change.  He also thinks he's not actually smart enough to work there (Amazon.com).  I understand, it's his job, not mine, but I'm just kinda disappointed.  I really need a change from this city.
  • Options
    I confess that I liked my month board.
  • Options
    I never visited my month board either.  I visited the local of where my wedding was, and my local, but rarely posted on either. 
  • Options
    I confess that I haven't been on my month board, but thats mostly because my month keeps changing....
  • Options
    Mag, no need to be scary.  :D  Personally, I'd probably be begging for the induction since you're past 38 weeks already, but I'd go with the doc in the end.  Perhaps not happily, though.

My sis and I were both over 9 lbs.  My whole family has huge babies.  H's family they tend to be 6 or 7 lbs, so I'm hoping for that.  But I'm already showing a tiny bit and I need to go get some maternity pants this weekend. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:c8f2d4b0-0bee-4e16-a821-e712b963132c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Well, obviously! ;) Mery, he just said that he's happy in his job right now and not looking for a change.  He also thinks he's not actually smart enough to work there (Amazon.com).  I understand, it's his job, not mine, but I'm just kinda disappointed.  I really need a change from this city.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    I know where you're coming from. There was a job opportunity with Home Depot HQ in Atlanta, but FI decided not to even interview, and took a big paycut to take a job in the city we currently live in. Obviously, I want him to make the decision he's happiest with, but part of me still thinks it would be really cool to go live somewhere else and the money would have been extremely nice.
  • Options
    I'm ashamed of this one. I went to the OB today and talked about getting the IUD. I've pretty much decided to do it, but haven't scheduled it yet. The thought depresses me because I know my chances of accidentally getting pregnant will go way down. We can't afford to get pregnant by any means. But I want it so bad I can't even describe it.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:833d1e5a-f577-4b00-a3ca-ce8c4e8510e6">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I absolutely hate running, but my friends like it and I would always get talked into doing 5k's and 8k's with them.  I was playing soccer regularly so I always insisted I didn't need to train.  I tried an 8k at the gym on the treadmill once before doing it, but that was it.  I always die when I do them.  Shin splints, sharp shooting pains in my sides, heart attacks (or at least the feeling of it).  And every single time I swear I'll never do another one again.  Then I forget about all the pain and sign up for another one.  I'm dumb.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I did a 10k 2 years ago, and it really motivated me to have a normal workout routine in a way that the gym wasn't. I did a half marathon 6 months after that, and ditto. But since then, I sort of go "eh, I've done this before, I would rather watch TV than go run 3 miles to prepare, it'll be fine." So what really frustrates me is that the thing I found to motivate myself no longer works, and I don't know what to replace it with since I do not have the money for a personal trainer who would force me to keep our appointments.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:c16da7e0-9b20-4043-94bb-adce94e84306">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mag, no need to be scary.  :D  Personally, I'd probably be begging for the induction since you're past 38 weeks already, but I'd go with the doc in the end.  Perhaps not happily, though. My sis and I were both over 9 lbs.  My whole family has huge babies.  H's family they tend to be 6 or 7 lbs, so I'm hoping for that.  But I'm already showing a tiny bit and I need to go get some maternity pants this weekend. 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

SQUEE!!! My friend is 18 weeks and not showing one damn bit. I'm getting really anxious to see something! She goes for the sex ultra sound in 2 weeks and if she's not showing by then, I'm boycotting the baby.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:01e2a0af-81e5-4454-9688-724bc773f042">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ashamed of this one. I went to the OB today and talked about getting the IUD. I've pretty much decided to do it, but haven't scheduled it yet. The thought depresses me because I know my chances of accidentally getting pregnant will go way down. We can't afford to get pregnant by any means. But I want it so bad I can't even describe it.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Please to be re-reading Mag's comment above about vag-knives.  SCHEDULE THAT IUD, WOMAN.  You've got plenty of time, and I'm only a Southwest flight away when you want to babysit. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Late to the discussion...I confess that I hate myself for smoking.  I quit both times when I was pregnant and then subsequently nursing, and both times I started smoking again without missing a beat when they stopped nursing.  FI and I keep trying to quit, and we keep sucking at it.  Last time I started thinking about how I could die an early death and orphan my children every time I wanted to light a cigarette, and it worked for a little while, and then I started again.  So now every time I smoke a cigarette it's accompanied by visions of my children at my coffin, and I just sit there and wallow in self loathing and smelly clothes.  So I pretty much suck. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:01e2a0af-81e5-4454-9688-724bc773f042">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ashamed of this one. I went to the OB today and talked about getting the IUD. I've pretty much decided to do it, but haven't scheduled it yet. The thought depresses me because I know my chances of accidentally getting pregnant will go way down. We can't afford to get pregnant by any means. But I want it so bad I can't even describe it.

:( Well, for what its worth, my Mom had an IUD (copper) when she got pregnant with my sister :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:ea91d82a-5bb4-43ef-a4b0-036d746ede8d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Please to be re-reading Mag's comment above about vag-knives.  SCHEDULE THAT IUD, WOMAN.  You've got plenty of time, and I'm only a Southwest flight away when you want to babysit. 

Yeah, vag knives don't scare me. Nothing about pregnancy scares me. I'm a freak.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:f37d605c-59bc-46d1-8e20-6f0b041dddf5">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I confess that I am terrified of this.  TERRIFIED.  I will have to find a solution.

hehehe.  My aesthetician had her husband help her wax when she was ubber preggers.  She has no shame ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Aww, LVB, I don't think that's bad. I really do not want to have a baby right now for a lot of reasons, but even so there is a tiny part of my brain that thinks how nice it would be, so if you already want it and just know it's not the right time, I can see how you'd feel that way.

My month board was decent, but now on TN I find it really boring and never go there anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:0ee70042-1bc2-499e-96ea-45ed0b1587b5">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Late to the discussion...I confess that I hate myself for smoking.  I quit both times when I was pregnant and then subsequently nursing, and both times I started smoking again without missing a beat when they stopped nursing.  FI and I keep trying to quit, and we keep sucking at it.  Last time I started thinking about how I could die an early death and orphan my children every time I wanted to light a cigarette, and it worked for a little while, and then I started again.  So now every time I smoke a cigarette it's accompanied by visions of my children at my coffin, and I just sit there and wallow in self loathing and smelly clothes.  So I pretty much suck. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]
    Come sit on my bench. Smoking induced self loathing, party of two.
  • Options
    The way you guys talk about smoking, is how I am about food.  I truly think I'm addicted to eating in the same way people get addicted to anything.  I try to eat healthy, but it never works.  Then I eat bad and feel terrible about it.  I tell myself how unhealthy it is, I think about the fat in my arteries, whatever... and then I eat a cheeseburger.  :/
  • Options
    We're pretty sure that my sister didn't stop smoking while she was pregnant, and she's still smoking now, while BFing.  She claims she pumps and dumps, but that's about the dumbest thing ever because it's not like the chemicals are in and out of your system like that.  Idiot.  Makes me extra mad when a smoker won't stop for their baby.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:5973c8ae-83af-4b05-8fa1-557cb80ed1f6">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : :( Well, for what its worth, my Mom had an IUD (copper) when she got pregnant with my sister :)
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

My Mom got pregnant with me when she had an IUD.  (The one pulled off the market around 1984/85) She said she remembers watching the coverage of the women crying because it had made them infertile, and she was more than a week past her due date.

anddddd now I have an IUD.  Hopefully medicine has evolved a little more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:f9452d5c-696d-44b4-a8ce-2db04d9a4231">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that Mag's description of vag knives may have just put me off of procreating for another 6 months or so. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Or forever.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:ecf4a20f-bb1c-4dfe-bbce-b695fec62690">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : hehehe.  My aesthetician had her husband help her wax when she was ubber preggers.  She has no shame ;)
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

I suggested to my dr's office that they have an aesthetician employed at the office for this very reason.  Come in for your check up, and when you can no longer see it, have it taken care of by a professional.  Since they didn't take my suggestion seriously, I just resorted to apologizing throughout delivery whenever someone new came into the room. 

Me: "I'm sorry, I swear it doesn't normally look like this."  
    My doctor:  "I've seen it before, I can vouch for her!"
  • Options
    I think my sister is lying to me as we speak.  She's saying she can't go to Chicago because her son has a basketball game (for school) on the day after Thanksgiving.  Has anyone ever heard of that?  A school sports function the day after Thanksgiving? 

My sister is notorious for story telling. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:3bd419fa-f590-42a7-a18a-c22c7eec789a">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought some of those Reisen candies yesterday and ate them all, and my jaw is still sore.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

I read that as "Reisen candles" and was confused about why you were eating them. Heh.

I confess that I desperately want H to quit smoking so bad. He'll do it soon but I hate waiting. I want  him healthy right now!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Mag, at 38.5 weeks, I think you should basically be allowed to say, do, or react in any way you deem appropriate, short of illegal actions.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dca62b3d-286e-43ae-9d78-edb3e596a236Post:ed07f68d-0506-4416-b1fd-a6c19e75cc09">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I went a few times, posted once, and was thoroughly frightened at the puppy-and-rainbow soup they were all eating.  I fled and never went back.  I'm ALMOST that bothered by my month board on TheBump.  Holy crazy!

Yeah, I wander over to my month board and they're all way too sweet over there. Sometimes I feel bad giving them a reality check. I've kind of stopped doing it because I feel like a big meanie telling them they don't have to have even sides, their BMs don't have to have matching dresses, etc. It's like I've broken their little hearts. They started a facebook group and everyone was all gung-ho on joining it, I most definitely did not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards