Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:35f96712-52d3-4b9d-bd7a-b91e3eea673b">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shy newbie self is also terrified by some of the comments in this thread about baby having... I'm a very new 32 and my fiance is 33.  Neither of us is really ready to have kids yet, though we both eventually want 1-2.  We've also had a pretty quick, "whirlwind" relationship and want to enjoy more time as just us for a few years.  That means maybe 36-38 for baby one.  I'm pretty ok with it, but it still freaks me out a bit when people talk about being scared to have babies after 30 or 35.   I'm totally prepped to be the older mom!  I see 50 something couples out and about with a teenage child and automatically think - that'll be me and Patrick, we'll be like that.  It pleases me.
    Posted by Elizabeth&PatrickL[/QUOTE]

Everyone's timeline for having kids is different. Don't let ours dissuade you from yours.

MUNI I agree about the baby parasite thing. I also have medical anxiety, so anything that doesn't feel "right" with my body puts me in a tailspin of hypochondria. Having something growing inside of me would freak me the eff out. Then having to push said thing out. That gives me panic attacks thinking about it sometime. Ironically though, I think I could totally handle the pain and go natural.
  • Options
    I don't give a shiiit how I look at work anymore.  I'm sure it's not hard to guess why.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Umm... what DOES AYG mean?  All Your Grievances or something like that?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Caught up! Can I just say that starting to plan my wedding with a 4 month old is terrifying. He will be 2 ish when we finally get married and my biggest thought is " please oh please let me find a toddler friendly venue"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Brandi, I'm an engineer, so our office is like 80% men.  I think that combined with college made me stop doing anything to look nice on a regular basis.  Recently, my friends at work and I have started a personal initiative to look nicer.  I still don't wear make-up or curl my hair, but I've cleaned up my wardrobe and got some nice pieces of clothing.  Especially now that it's warmer, I like to wear comfy dresses and skirts. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:99c0190f-b099-4be4-b997-3d7c4b747cba">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Umm... what DOES AYG mean?  All Your Grievances or something like that?
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

<em>Air</em> Your Greivances, as far as I know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:99c0190f-b099-4be4-b997-3d7c4b747cba">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:

Air Your Grievances
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e734d2fe-275b-4908-8dfd-9eb16c13a9d6">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : OMG, It's like you're reading my mind.  My mom is also morbidly obese and is constantly yo-yo dieting.  I'm terrified that she's going to have a heart attack and die any day now. Also the baby stuff you bolded, is exactly how I feel.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm glad I'm not the only one. My Beau is from a big family and we've talked about kids and I want them but I'm almost thinking we should adopt...</div>

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:07b83bd1-e993-419e-b48d-bd6b1470cf04">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, I'm an engineer, so our office is like 80% men.  I think that combined with college made me stop doing anything to look nice on a regular basis.  Recently, my friends at work and I have started a personal initiative to look nicer.  I still don't wear make-up or curl my hair, but I've<strong> cleaned up my wardrobe and got some nice pieces of clothing.</strong>  Especially now that it's warmer, I like to wear comfy dresses and skirts. 
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

I need to but I've had a hard time spending money on anything except for the wedding right now.  I think once that is done and over with both FI and I will both go shopping.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:18de28c7-d00c-4cfc-94f1-5abda6756e4e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I work in an office with 6 men and I woman (who is only here half time).  I stopped caring about my appearance until we interviewed this gorgeous woman the other day and I just felt gross.  I have straightened my hair and put makeup on every day since then and actually feel much better about myself. (Irrational? Yup.)
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    There really is something to the whole "look better and you'll feel better about yourself" thing.  I was with my sister a couple weeks ago and she looked so awesome - hair curled, makeup on, cute dress and heels (for church with my mom).  It made me realize that I need to care a bit more.  I think some of my problem is that I HATE, HATE shopping for anything, specifically clothes, because I'm the heaviest I've ever been.  Not exactly how I saw my newlywed self.  It's like, if I'm fat, what does the rest of it matter.  I know. Irrational.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I ahve to be dressed professionally and I meet with clients all the time so I can't just roll out of bed and wing it. Although I have only worn pants to the new job once, that I started in February. sooo much easier to just throw on one piece of clothing than to match things up each morning.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:99c0190f-b099-4be4-b997-3d7c4b747cba">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:

Oh!  Is it "Air Your Grievances"?  I never knew what it meant either.  The only thing that I could think of was like "All YOU GITS!"  Like "git" was a slang word for being a total idiot.  Maybe I'm just an idiot . . . moving on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:4065c678-d6a1-468c-851b-3729ef695c4a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I literally need bullet points for my responses: I didn't figure out what NFT meant until someone paged me using it and I was confused why the thread was empty. I didn't figure out AYG until VERY very recently. My hair is too fine and thin to curl unless I go through a complicated procedure involving overnight soft curlers with dippety do, then hot rollers and spray gel, then curling iron and hairspray THEN brush and curling iron and hairspray again I am also completely inept at using a curling iron. I desparately want films of Shakespeare and Klingon.  That sounds made for me. Edit for formatting and because I forgot to comment on Klingons.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>When he told me he had the works of Shakespeare in Klingon, I knew he was my soul mate....

</div>
  • Options
    I thought AYG meant All You Got until someone asked awhile back and I learned it was "Air Your Grievances."
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0f9f7341-dc56-403b-95f6-be2c867b58e7">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I wouldn't at all mind being an "older" mom!  Good thing, since I'm 39 now and we're trying.  I will caution you though, be careful about waiting until 36-38 to try.  I would give anything to be your age and be able to try for a kid.  For some people it's easy and for some people it's not.  
    Posted by amyb140[/QUOTE]

<div>One of the reasons I am not 100% worried about it is because I'm also 100% comfortable adopting if that is what it comes to.  That is likely a side effect of having lived in SE Asia for a few years and living among street kids and visiting squallid orphanages.  I know it's not for everyone, but I can happily love a non-bio child.  </div><div>
    </div><div>My sis-in-law just had her third at 39...and without boring you with too many details, she and my bro have had tough times with pregnancies.  I wish you the best of luck!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:cab96d34-b1da-4496-a4c2-c537f1c04185">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I need to but I've had a hard time spending money on anything except for the wedding right now.  I think once that is done and over with both FI and I will both go shopping.

Totally understandable.  I did the same thing around the time of my wedding.  Since then I've been hitting up Ann Taylor and NY&CO during their 40-50% off sales.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:75294609-2e04-4f6f-84e3-ec06cbaa7587">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't work a curling iron. At least not on the right side of my head. I'm left handed, and something about looking at myself in the mirror, with the curling iron in the right had, reverses things for me and I end up curling the hair backwards, or think I'm getting the hair with the curling iron, but I'm too high or too far forward. Depth perception problems, I haz them.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

<div>me too! I asked for a set of curlers for christmas and I love them! only problem is that my hair falls out with in an hour and the set didn't come with enough to do all my hair. by the time i'm done, the part i started with is flat again.</div>

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    And I just learned what AYG means...I feel like a very learned newbie.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Ok so I am completley obsessed with all things wedding lately. I am on the knot constantly, but cant seem to find any "friends" Frown Everyone has been super nice and supportive, but I bounce from board to board but dont feel like I am a part of any of them........am I being a total insecure girl?????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:875e35d5-e515-4d0d-a452-5d79c2456715">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : One of the reasons I am not 100% worried about it is because I'm also 100% comfortable adopting if that is what it comes to.  That is likely a side effect of having lived in SE Asia for a few years and living among street kids and visiting squallid orphanages.  I know it's not for everyone, but I can happily love a non-bio child.   My sis-in-law just had her third at 39...and without boring you with too many details, she and my bro have had tough times with pregnancies.  I wish you the best of luck!
    Posted by Elizabeth&PatrickL[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!  I wouldn't at all mind adopting either, in fact I think that would be awesome.  It's also expensive, sadly.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    P.s. subscribing to emails on this thread was the worst idea ever. my work phone is linked to my personal email and it just blew up after i clicked emails. woof.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Haha Rach, we should have an epic GTG. You can do a seminar on hair and make-up. Chrissy and Muni can have one on beer. There should also be a wine seminar. 
  • Options
    Well you learned it about 2 years faster than me!  I feel like a newb. 
  • Options
    @Rach....I think that's my problem.  I sleep until the very last second that I can. This morning,  I got up at 7:15 and was out the door by 7:40 and that included shower and coffee.
  • Options
    Shotty wine seminar!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:bf04d74f-70bb-4db3-9ea8-ddb3fe248fa9">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : Like I just said, I plan to go shopping soon, hopefully.  H is a mechanic and already had a few nice things.  But he spends all his time on cars so I fail to see why he needs nice clothes.  Maybe that makes me a betch. What does your FI do?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

He is in school and works at for a sporting goods store during the semesters and works for the City doing some town maintenance during the summer.  He just needs stuff in general.  He has been working out like crazy and his stuff is just too small.  We've gotten him a few things over the last few months (some $5 shirts from ON and stuff on sale at TJ Maxx).  When he graduates he will be applying for HS History Teaching jobs. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:c33c3e82-c2de-43a1-b56e-d0d2300f5d7e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : When he told me he had the works of Shakespeare in Klingon, I knew he was my soul mate....
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

Good screening process.  I'd definitely hang on to someone who owned that bit of awesomeness.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:cb833072-9494-4eb8-afde-60c999263321">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>All you hair curling and makeup newbies - one day when we have an epic GTG we can have a seminar.</strong> Curling your hair is easy once you get the hang of it. And having the right haircut makes all the difference in the world. An older CW of mine used to tell me "Oh, you'll quit doing your makeup and hair eventually for work". Yea..no. It takes an extra 30 minutes for me to be showered and dressed vs. all made up, and it makes me feel a million times better throughout the day.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

You can just meet me in LR and do my hair every morning ;)
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:589ec1eb-7880-4a89-8752-0a65e05549a3">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Abby - just pop into the conversation threads more often. Sometimes it takes awhile but eventually you'll start clicking with people!
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

exactly this.  It takes a little time.  A lot of the people you see chatting have been on here for ages, have met in person, etc.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:cab96d34-b1da-4496-a4c2-c537f1c04185">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I need to but I've had a hard time spending money on anything except for the wedding right now.  I think once that is done and over with both FI and I will both go shopping.
    That reminded me of another reason I feel shlumpy - my H is like a fashion plate.  I mean, not really, but he pretty much only buys clothes at Brooks Brothers, won't wear a polo-type shirt out of the house because Oh!  The Horror!  It's too casual!  Won't wear shorts in public unless it's like 100 degrees and we're doing something uber casual, Ferragamo shoes, the whole deal.  <div>So there's me with my Old Navy "wardrobe" - ha!  He is sweet though - he's always trying to take me shopping.  I finally let him and now I do have a few snazzy outfits.</div>
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards