Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you

Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:bea913cd-1fa4-4207-9ae9-9809975ded7a">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys do come off harsh sometimes, but in the end the honest opinion is really what we're all looking for....even if we don't want to hear it.  Thanks for not being afraid to give it, like so many of our friends and family are. Sincerely, Newbie Bride with previous knot.com mistakes
    Posted by kwilliams111012[/QUOTE]
    Holy balls you and your FI are so cute.
  • Options
    If someone could please send me gluton free and dairy free cookies, that would be super.  K thanks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    And on the age thing.  I was 29 when we got married.  Matt's BM got married the year before.  His wife was 21 at the time.  She had 13ish bridesmaids.  We don't actually know the number, because they kept being "friends on"/"friends off" throughout the planning process.  One girl was a bridesmaid, because her husband was a groomsman and she basically forced herself into the wedding party.  It all came off as very immature and silly.  Especially now that she doesn't even talk to like half of them.

I'm not saying that age is the end all and be all of maturity.  You can be 35 and still immature.  But this was just my experience with it.

Okay, I'm done.  :D  HAPPY FRIDAY!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:1ce5bc93-c322-404c-8fe4-8addcdccb3e0">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you : I feel like E can forgive all manner of transgressions when they're followed by an admission of previous lack of sense plus a cute picture.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

Will remember this.  Haha. 
    Thanks for the compliments =)  We're still waiting to get all of our engagement pictures back, but I am already so happy with the 3 samples she gave us! 

I would love to join in on all the fun in the Etiquette board....have been lurking for a while and definitely seems like the "most happenin" board. 
  • Options
    kwills, hop on in.  We like you.  You seem sensible, and you bribe us... or wait... did you bribe us?  Or was MP just hoping for bribes?

p.s.  We are easily bribed. 
  • Options
    I'll PM my address.  I accept all forms of chocolate.  (well, maybe not that gritty Mexican chocolate from Taza.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:0bab04a1-9f53-43e6-8bc9-f87b69d63165">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]We sent STD's to family and the WP only. It wasn't that hard to figure out.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

We didn't even send them at all! :)

MP, that's one of my "I don't get It" things as well.
  • Options
    Lol, I'm not exactly a baker but I have some mad skills with a crockpot.  Will you accept payment in the form of homemade chili?  or queso dip?  Haha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:756b8bac-04f8-4f7c-9c7e-e788b1b72ebf">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll PM my address.  I accept all forms of chocolate.  (well, maybe not that gritty Mexican chocolate from Taza.)
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

I'll accept that as well.

And, as I live in NC as well, I'll also accept personal deliveries to my office (:
  • Options
    *sniffs air* Did someone say sanctimonious queso?

Or was it sanctimonious with a side of queso?

I get confused easily at 7pm on a Friday.
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one Midge.

K - what are your favorite crockpot recipes?  I've been using mine a lot recently.  It's so nice to come home to a cooked meal.  They don't take that long to put together in the morning either.
  • Options
    I can be bribed with just about anything from a crockpot.
  • Options

YES, Queso lovers UNITE.  Can't get enough of it.  And I make it to taste just like the Mexican restaurants do.  You just have to shell out the big bucks for white american cheese at the deli counter.

• Options
    MP, my current favorite is "Crockpot Chicken Ropa Vieja" http://runningmamacooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/crockpot-chicken-ropa-vieja.html
    and Cranberry Balsamic Turkey Tenderloin http://blushinghostess.blogspot.com/2008/02/turkey-tenderloin-with-cranberry.html
    I have been eating healthy to trim up for the wedding, so they're not chock-full-o-fat either =)
  • Options
    See. This is where you guys show off your mean bitches side. I CAN'T GET QUESO HERE GODDAMMIT.

This is now where I start to tell you all that I haven't been working for almost 3 hours now, am lying on the sofa in a semi-coma, sweatpants a big blanket and a cute puppy WHILE YOU ARE ALL STILL WORKING. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*pout*
  • Options
    Those look good!  I'm all about healthy crockpot recipes.  My husband doesn't eat very well, and now is sad that his suit pants are too tight.  I'm trying to nudge him into changing his diet a bit.  We'll see how it works.
  • Options
    That crock pot tenderloin looks amazing. .Yum. 
  • Options
    Snippy - MOVE BACK!

I am jealous of your trackers and puppy love. 
  • Options
    MP, you should check out Once a Month Mom's website.  I'm not a Mom, don't know if you are - but it still comes in handy.  Haha.  They have bulk menus for freezing and a lot of them are good to freeze and throw in the crockpot before you leave for work.  They even have a "diet" section. 

Snippy, a land with no queso?  I don't even want to know where that is.  I feel for ya =(  P.S.  I hate you because I still have 3 hours of work left.  Sigh.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendation.  I don't have kids, but husband claims to be 5 years old most of the time (at least he eats like it).

I'd never heard of white American cheese until I moved up to Boston.  It's the default up here.  I was eating this sandwich and asked "what's this sauce? It's delicious!!"  It was white American cheese.
  • Options
    MeghannsixMeghannsix member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thank you Habs!

Everyday while I'm lurking on here instead of doing whatever I'm supposed to be doing, I always wonder why more brides don't spend a bit of time reading what other people have asked before them, or at least the stickies. I have learned so so much from you ladies, and am comforted by the fact that my own sister was actually breaking ettiquette on a few things, and my mother agreed with her instead of me.  Turns out I was right, so ha!

edit:  I have mad skills with a crockpot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Habs, some day, some day!

True story-- the only kind of cheddar cheese in Sweden is white cheddar. Europeans in general find the idea of yellow cheese revolting.

http://climbingnarc.com/wp-content/images/TheMoreYouKnow.gif
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:c9a46a8b-9749-4136-a320-90db836b4bc9">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]If someone could please send me gluton free and dairy free cookies, that would be super.  K thanks. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

<div>Random, where do you get gluten free flour? How much is it? I saw like 2 lbs at Stop&Shop but it was $6.  I get a 10lb bag of regular flour for less.</div>
  • Options
    I do have to agree with kwill. The E board can be a bit intimidating. But then... I remember how I get when people ask completely ridiculous questions (online and irl). I tend to get frustrated and answer back with a snippy remark if the answer can be found easily (like on these boards). So please, don't stop. It's both informative AND entertaining Smile
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:aa9030d5-61a0-4ada-add9-aa525212a864">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, y'all mean to tell me we have a non-crazy newb?  It's about freaking time.  Newb - I need to know some things.  This is important.  First - I need to know if you have pets, what kinds, names and pictures. Second - I need to know if you watch the Big Bang Theory, and if so, I need a short essay on why Sheldon Cooper is the most awesome character in recent sitcom history.  If you do not watch the Big Bang Theory, I need an short essay on what is your favorite TV show, and the best character on the show. Third - I need to know when you will be sending out these cookies. 
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

I'll assume I'm the Newb you're referring to =)
    1) FI and I have two beagles - named Lucy and Ricky (yes, the Ricardos)  And since I'm a newbie, I haven't figured out how to include a picture yet - help, please.

2) I do not watch the Big Bang Theory, but my MOH and dad are obsessed with it. I'm not nerdy enough (not bashing nerds, I'm just not one, haha). Favorite TV show at the moment is Storage Wars. So freaking funny. I wish I could quit my job and bid on storage lockers and sell the junk for a huge profit. Plus, the people on the show are great. I guess my favorite "character" even though it's reality, is Barry. 

3) I'll send you cookies, but trust me - my baking is not NEARLY as good as my queso =)
  • Options
    I like you Habs but I always find rants like this to be lame.
  • Options
    Holly, pictures are worth 1,000 words!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_listen-up-newbie-brides-this-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f60ca394-2eb6-44b5-9038-18979976f324Post:343ce5e7-e698-437a-9f05-c5806c99cfa1">Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Listen Up Newbie Brides - This one is for you : Random, where do you get gluten free flour? How much is it? I saw like 2 lbs at Stop&Shop but it was $6.  I get a 10lb bag of regular flour for less.
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

There are different types of gluten free flour.  Rice flour is one of the most common.  I just get it at the grocery store.  Our gluten free section is near the organics. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    This was King Arthurs I think and was a mix of rice flour and some other things.  I've never used it but I'm curious to.  
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    So we have a positive with the two beagles, but no Big Bang . . . hmmm, Holly, what should we do?

IT'S A TIARRRAAAA!!! 

Oh Amy Farrah Fowler, you crack my shiz up!

ETA:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i_WpYc3YI4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards