Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:e08330ac-a646-4cf4-b3bb-b7e06fb9348c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yesss. Midge, the point is not necessarily you being a Disney superfan. It's your habit of trying to make other people also become superfans (Disney, Reds, etc.). It seems like once you decide something is the right way to do it, there's no stopping you, even if thirty people tell you it's wrong.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

This must be the disconnect between RL and TK. I obviously can't convince any of you that I don't do that in RL but clearly I've presented it that way on here and I'll work on that. I really don't force my hobbies on other people. What could I possibly gain from that?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:ec879b23-ff3d-4032-8f21-fca067a239ad">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I think people are censoring themselves.  I'm guilty of it. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, now I want to know what you're holding back. SPILL IT.</div>
  • Options
    Cfas, maybe our points were just too logical? They had nothing else to say?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:a5d7f463-618b-4cda-80c4-ef05a264134a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: tanning. I used to work at a salon in college and I got STUPID dark. I mean.. I was so brown I basically matched my hair. Ick. I'm somewhat tan now but it's from all the days spent at the lake.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I am not hearing you say this Rach. You are perfect.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:a5d7f463-618b-4cda-80c4-ef05a264134a">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: tanning. I used to work at a salon in college and I got STUPID dark. I mean.. I was so brown I basically matched my hair. Ick. I'm somewhat tan now but it's from all the days spent at the lake.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>I knew a girl that worked at a tanning salon, and she was ORANGE, as in Oompa-Loompa-Orange. It was scary.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:76e61913-dc30-4562-9ef4-7bf0b878bebd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like their used to be more controversy around here. I don't know if people are censoring themselves more, of if there aren't enough new people bringing in new ideas to start controversy. Other than WR-stuff, that is.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah I agree.  Plus at least for me I just can't seem to get it up for WR nonsense anymore.  It takes a lot of boredom for me to even open or read a WR thread anymore.

</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was absurdly tan in college. I think I went on a daily basis. The guys in my dorm prank called me and claimed to be Hollywood Tans, saying I was tanning too much and they were cutting me off due to skin cancer concerns. As if Hollywood Tans actually gives a flying fuuuck about that. I went yesterday for the first time in years and my body was clearly all "Nope, we're not doing this."
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't censor myself. I let you know what's up in my hippie dippie life, if it's relevant to the conversation. I can always start a thread about herbal selfinduced miscarriages, to get things going.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:4d7b5fba-7963-4b3c-b441-7935f76810c4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was absurdly tan in college. I think I went on a daily basis. The guys in my dorm prank called me and claimed to be Hollywood Tans, saying I was tanning too much and they were cutting me off due to skin cancer concerns. As if Hollywood Tans actually gives a flying fuuuck about that. I went yesterday for the first time in years and<strong> my body was clearly all "Nope, we're not doing this."</strong>
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

How? Skin cancer?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:10c47e8c-7c48-416c-9f83-34899668c9c9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I like Angel, I do, but I think she needs to evaluate the way she presents herself.  If we take her posts at face value, she's broke, her FI is dickish, she sleeps all day because she needs to find a new job but has been holding out on getting one, she has no health insurance and whines about it but again, no job, etc.  However, because I like her, I haven't said any of that before. 

<div>I can get behind all this.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think I've made my feelings on Mari pretty obvious, but she could sit in on that discussion. If you don't want us to think your H is irresponsible or that you guys are having money trouble, don't tell us that he is and you are.</div><div>
    </div><div>I try really hard not to say bad stuff about my H here, especially when I'm frustrated. I tell him myself. I would hate to have everyone think my H was a jerk whenever they saw me post or reference my wedding in any way.</div><div>
    </div><div>When Angel talks about her wedding or her engagement pics (which were beautiful), I keep thinking in the back of my head, "But he's a jerk. Why are you doing this?" Then I realize it's none of my business, but I wouldn't be tempted to say it if she didn't put it all out there.</div>
  • Options
    All of my flames have been mentioned, so S/O tanning, Neutrogena makes an awesome spray on one that is gradual and water resistant. I highly recommend it.

• Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:3b1788f5-2b2a-4222-8a12-17e89f0af13e">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Huh? I'm going to start my last year of college in the fall. All I ever said was that I was taking the summer off. And as I've stated, I'm starting to look for a new job after the wedding I'm in this weekend. I can't wait any longer for the mom at the other job to find work.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not going to flame Angel, because I don't know her and I haven't been around to know the backstory, but I don't understand <em>waiting</em> to apply for jobs until after a wedding that you're in.<div>
    </div><div>If you were waiting until after your wedding, I would understand, but if you're waiting until after a wedding that you're a BM in, why are you waiting? If you need money, you need money. You could have been applying for jobs all along.</div><div>
    </div><div>Not really flaming you, but I don't get it.</div></div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Quote. My internet is stupid-slow so it took forever to add it in.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:05dca8bd-cdc1-43f3-8938-88504f80483d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I can get behind all this. I think I've made my feelings on Mari pretty obvious, but she could sit in on that discussion. If you don't want us to think your H is irresponsible or that you guys are having money trouble, don't tell us that he is and you are. I try really hard not to say bad stuff about my H here, especially when I'm frustrated. I tell him myself. I would hate to have everyone think my H was a jerk whenever they saw me post or reference my wedding in any way. <strong>When Angel talks about her wedding or her engagement pics (which were beautiful), I keep thinking in the back of my head, "But he's a jerk. Why are you doing this?" Then I realize it's none of my business, but I wouldn't be tempted to say it if she didn't put it all out there.</strong>
    And didn't she remove her ticker because of the dramz?
  • Options
    Okay DJ, thank you.

I really meant the "all parties" comment as factual because they have but I will work on the way I come across.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:ec362fc3-74ff-45e0-97f6-7610aaba68df">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : And didn't she remove her ticker because of the dramz?
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. She said she thought it was weird since everyone knew about their situation.</div><div>
    </div><div>I get that she's allowed to be excited about her wedding. Really. I just don't get why one minute she acts like there isn't going to be a wedding, and the next she gets all excited about e-pics or a dress.</div>
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Just so we're clear, FI is not a jerk. He has personal issues that he's getting help with. I'm trusting him to work out what he needs to work out. And I haven't portrayed him well, because I tend to only vent about the bad stuff (which I think I've mostly stopped doing) and not gush about the good things, but there are a lot of good things.

Rosie, no, I passed out. Which I deserved.. I was being vain and I was trying to even out tanlines for the bridesmaids dress I'm wearing tomorrow. It wasn't worth it.

Oh, and the waiting to apply for jobs is because that was the "deadline" I gave the mom I currently work for, or was working for, to find a new job. (I didn't phrase it that way to her, obviously.) I really don't want to leave that family because I love those kids, but I figured out when my checking account was going to run out and when I'd need to start looking. Which is right about now. I didn't have time to interview this week, so that's why I'm starting on Sunday. I was waiting on purpose because she had a few really promising interviews.

ETA - I removed the ticker a few months ago because there was a point where I really wasn't sure what was going to happen and it made me sad to look at it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is he going to work out those issues before you get married? Or are you going along with the wedding under the assumption he'll eventually change?

I'm legitimately not trying to pick on you. I'm not flaming you for this. I want you to be happy, and I think divorce has to be one of the worst things to go through in life. I would hate for things to not work out and have you look back and think you should have made a different decision.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:c427a6ba-8363-4fd1-a25a-dc1b7f9ca6cf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : See, I feel bad if I made you feel bad (hence the censoring).  I guess I just want you to be aware of how you can come across, you know? I'm a marshmallow.  And now I want s'mores.

<div>Come visit me. We can eat s'mores together at that fabulous restaurant I went to last weekend. The marshmallow of the day was bacon-butterscotch. I don't even like bacon, but those things were fabulous.</div>
  • Options
    Now I need s'mores. 
  • Options
    i don't even post here ever.  nor do i lurk.  but even iiiii know that angel's fi is a jerk.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I think fetus is one of the grossest words in the English language. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:09c4d399-b869-40ab-b543-a8c86e6e0282">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge, did you find out once you got to the party, or did you know before you left the house? You could have stopped and gotten another bag. On one hand, I think dictating what kind of gift people are allowed to give your kid is douchey. On the other hand, I have a problem (rational or not) with all the Disney princess crap. I think little girls are being raised to think they deserve to be treated like a princess by the entire world. There's a mentality that goes along with it that suggests a girl is nothing without a strong, rich man rescuing her from the doldrums of her ordinary life. I'm not saying I'm right--I'm just saying I don't like the stuff.

<div>
    </div><div>I'm late to the party, but I fully agree with this sentiment. I hate it when women will post things on their FB that say, to effect "I'm a Queen/Princess and I deserve to be treated like one." and then their parents "like" it, along with 50 other people. This is often after they have been caught cheating, or being innapropriate with another guy, and their excuse is always that they weren't being "treated right". Poor thing. *sarcasm*</div>
  • Options

o, hai.  i need a new sig. that's super old.  from st.patty's day.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    May I suggest singing hairbrush girl???? <3
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:8fb8d7b1-e304-47e7-b36d-50dd1854dadf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I'm late to the party, but I fully agree with this sentiment. I hate it when women will post things on their FB that say, to effect "I'm a Queen/Princess and I deserve to be treated like one." and then their parents "like" it, along with 50 other people. This is often after they have been caught cheating, or being innapropriate with another guy, and their excuse is always that they weren't being "treated right". Poor thing. *sarcasm*
    Posted by seesawgirl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's a pretty specific little situation. I totally see where Special is coming from, but I don't really get how girls cheating on their boyfriends relates to princesses. 

</div>
  • Options
    I think seesawgorl is off her freaking rocker anyways.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:dc371bb8-5024-4aa4-ab93-ccd4b551e1e6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Come visit me. We can eat s'mores together at that fabulous restaurant I went to last weekend. The marshmallow of the day was bacon-butterscotch. I don't even like bacon, but those things were fabulous.

Wait.  There is a s'mores restaurant?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Rosie and her husband are so fucking good looking that it is unfair to the rest of society.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb0a289e-b49d-4d83-8b5d-eb94aa74a013Post:a953480c-10f5-4649-aadb-24c71dabfddd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : That's a pretty specific little situation. I totally see where Special is coming from, but I don't really get how girls cheating on their boyfriends relates to princesses. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>Your mistake was assuming Seesaw would make sense. Set your bar a little lower and you might be occasionally surprised. Granted, the surprise will be more along the lines of "There's an extra french fry in the bag," than, "I just found $20 in last year's winter coat."</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards